Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 08:47 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times

Advertisements

Resisting arrest should not be a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 09:34 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Glad it was a black cop, otherwise national outrage. End of story.
Agreed.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:37 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
If the only charge is resisting arrest, then yes, I agree and I think that's stupid.

If that's not what you are talking about, then would you mind explaining what you mean?

Old 05-09-2020, 09:51 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I was wondering why there was no mention of whitey. Oh wait the officer was black. Black on black crime at Walmart should have been the headline.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:19 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another hair-trigger individual who shouldn't be doing that line of job.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/off-duty-...022823403.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpXqMB97YU

Meh. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:21 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post

Say what? So, you're saying that anyone should be able to walk away from the police while being arrested? Including the guy who rapes your daughter? Burns down your house? Steals your retirement account? Do tell. I can hardly wait.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:00 PM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Officer is not a member of the public, reacting to him is not disorderly conduct
Was he authorized to make arrests?
Strange as it may seem, SLAVEMART is a public place
The marijuana was fruit of an unlawful arrest so was the controlled substance.
Where did you get your law degree?

Regardless of what you might think, Walmart is still private property and nobody has the absolute right to be there... On their private property AND violating their policies... If you don't like their policy, you are free to shop somewhere else.

The idiot that got herself arrested IS lawfully subject to a search once the officer arrested her for the first offense... Which is known as "search, subject to arrest." Which is lawful AND reviewed by the U.S. Supreme Court. Plus, the cop did her a favor... Bringing in contraband into a Correctional Facility (jail), is a felony.

Most Law Enforcement Officers retain their legal authority to arrest person(s) for violation(s) of the law, even when off duty. Plus, I'm pretty sure Walmart has a contract with the city to pay off duty police to provide a security presence, which in beyond common throughout the U.S.

I love all this fake outrage over the police doing their job. The female, in this situation basically arrested herself for being a dumb-@zz. I'd put money that the cop told her to put on a mask or simply leave, numerous times... But, she's special and can do whatever she wants on private property... UNTIL reality shows up.

Play stupid games, win stupid prized. Plus, I'd bet that this wasn't the first time, or will it be the last time, she's shows her @zz in public.

Seriously, know the law before acting like you know the law... This is how people get themselves into trouble... Like this woman. The last thing the world needs is another "Sheet" House Lawyer.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's not a body slam !!! Its just not !!! Its a takedown and there is a huuuuuge difference !!!
Looks like a body slam to me. He literally picked her up and slammed her onto the floor. No need for that. If he couldn't handle her on his own, he should have called for back up.

There was absolutely no reason to handle her that way - she didn't commit a crime. She just got pissed that the store wanted her to wear a mask, and was loud and obnoxious about it.

You don't slam someone onto the floor over something like that.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:49 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Looks like a body slam to me. He literally picked her up and slammed her onto the floor. No need for that. If he couldn't handle her on his own, he should have called for back up.

There was absolutely no reason to handle her that way - she didn't commit a crime. She just got pissed that the store wanted her to wear a mask, and was loud and obnoxious about it.

You don't slam someone onto the floor over something like that.
That was not a body slam, I suggest you actually go look what one is. That was a simple compliance take down, practiced by every police department for detaining non compliant people.

But hey, so much for personal responsibility, again, the crowd of "law and order" and "personal responsibility" like your posts always are, all of a sudden are against it, hypocrites, lol.

If she nor anyone does not like the requirements of the business, they are free to not do business there. Some places like certain restaurants, have very strict dress codes, what, now she going to go in one and start a temper tantrum?

The cop asked her to do something, she refused, he escalated the force in accordance with her escalation. She could have taken out a gun and started shooting as far as he knows, as if that has not happened in the US due to being asked to wear a mask.

Old 05-09-2020, 01:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
That was not a body slam, I suggest you actually go look what one is. That was a simple compliance take down, practiced by every police department for detaining non compliant people.

But hey, so much for personal responsibility, again, the crowd of "law and order" and "personal responsibility" like your posts always are, all of a sudden are against it, hypocrites, lol.

If she nor anyone does not like the requirements of the business, they are free to not do business there. Some places like certain restaurants, have very strict dress codes, what, now she going to go in one and start a temper tantrum?

The cop asked her to do something, she refused, he escalated the force in accordance with her escalation. She could have taken out a gun and started shooting as far as he knows, as if that has not happened in the US due to being asked to wear a mask.
He picked her up and slammed her onto the ground. Over what? Being loud and obnoxious about a face mask?

The fact that some of you think this is acceptable is disgusting.

Use of force guidelines were not followed here. He should have called for back up, first. He didn't do that. He is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies