Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 10:23 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Is that really your reply? How is trying to regain economic success a bad thing? Do you hope for a full blown economic recession?

How insane are you people? No matter what Trump does, you will condemn him.

Seek help. Seriously!
Where have you been since 2016, facts are irrelevant as are the Democratic having any actual policies that we as Americans should vote for. All that matters is Trump is evil, evil oh did i mention evil. And if you say or vote otherwise you are nothing but a racist, xenophobic, hick from flyover country. He is so evil i had to repaint my house because it was orange and orange is bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:38 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Don't you think the IRS would nail Trump's you-know-what to the wall if his tax returns were fraudulent? (Well, maybe not...Sharpton is still not in jail)
That’s not the point. The point is he promised he would, and then didn’t.....he lied.

I think his returns are none of anyone’s business, but I also think he should have said he wouldn’t’ release them and let the chips fall where they may politically.....

....but he didn’t have the courage to do that. Instead he promised to release them after he was ‘no longer under audit’ and then just ignored it after the election...likely because he didn’t want to and knew that most...but not all...of his supporters wouldn’t care.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:29 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Speaking of tRump "promises" that were simply baloney, one of my personal favorites was the one about how he'd never leave the White House because he'd be working so hard all the time.

We know for a fact that he hardly ever shows up before almost noon and then spends a big chuck of each day in "executive time", where he rage tweets about news reports that quote him verbatim.

Laziest so-called "president" in history.

Less than 6 months.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:43 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That’s not the point. The point is he promised he would, and then didn’t.....he lied.

I think his returns are none of anyone’s business, but I also think he should have said he wouldn’t’ release them and let the chips fall where they may politically.....

....but he didn’t have the courage to do that. Instead he promised to release them after he was ‘no longer under audit’ and then just ignored it after the election...likely because he didn’t want to and knew that most...but not all...of his supporters wouldn’t care.

And how many politicians keep all of their campaign promises?

Make a list for us....

Shouldn't take you long.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:46 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So the left wanting to give most people $2000 a month free is doing it to America?

Lol......

They don't want to GIVE anything.

You think Nancy Pelosi is going to start writing checks from her personal account?

"GIVE"........"FREE".......ROFLMAO

Old 05-10-2020, 03:53 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Another dull Trump bashing thread.

Okay so what’s the alternative? AOC? Jeb?

Old 05-10-2020, 04:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And how many politicians keep all of their campaign promises?

Make a list for us....

Shouldn't take you long.
You're right, Bob.

Didn't take any time at all.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:30 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How has he been a "failure"? What else would you have had him do considering the limitation on the President by the Constitution, Congress, and our structure as a COLLECTION of STATES, etc.? You accuse him of being a King and Dictator. Which is it?

What recommendations of his Commie, Sky is Falling, Doom and Gloom medical advisors has he not taken?
I will tell you how Trump has failed our country. And it comes from his own words, not the so called fake media. Trump played down this virus from the very beginning saying it was under control. This was in January. In February he told white house reporters this virus will be gone in April because of the heat. He said at a rally that this was the next democratic hoax and his supporters cheered. In March he told Hannity that WHO's global estimated death toll was false. Trump said this virus was very mild. Also in March, he said he wasn't concerned because he's done a great job. So he wasted all these months doing nothing about this pandemic. And now he's blaming everyone else for his lack of leadership.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:41 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Frank Bruni wrote this piece about the way Republicans keep repeating that Trump will be re-elected, though privately feeling he may be self-destructing.

But what if the optimism of Trump supporters was mostly based on Trump's supposed economic successes--now what?

Trump is self-destructing before our eyes
Tens of thousands of Americans die; what does the president do? Spreads bad information. Seeds false hope. Reinvents history, reimagines science, prattles on about his supposed heroism, bellyaches about his self-proclaimed martyrdom and savages anyone who questions his infallibility. In lieu of leadership, grandstanding.
And he’s going to get re-elected.
https://dnyuz.com/2020/04/24/injecti...breaking-down/
Yes, he will get re-elected. Now I haven't gone over the conversation yet. I've only heard the rumors and seen the click bait ... but I'm thinking Trump got led into, a trap:

The Human Body Uses Active Ingredient in Chlorine Bleach to Fight Bacteria Naturally

Any of us can sound stupid on any given day, Trump maybe more than most? If he was led to look stupid, that's just wrong.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-10-2020 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: verb tense

Old 05-11-2020, 06:58 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I will tell you how Trump has failed our country. And it comes from his own words, not the so called fake media. Trump played down this virus from the very beginning saying it was under control. This was in January. In February he told white house reporters this virus will be gone in April because of the heat. He said at a rally that this was the next democratic hoax and his supporters cheered. In March he told Hannity that WHO's global estimated death toll was false. Trump said this virus was very mild. Also in March, he said he wasn't concerned because he's done a great job. So he wasted all these months doing nothing about this pandemic. And now he's blaming everyone else for his lack of leadership.

Get off of CNN and expand your mind. You are taking their propaganda hook -- line -- and sinker. Learn to think for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies