Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump release the evidence it was a lab leak
Yes, all the world will soon know it was a lab leak 13 20.31%
No, he won't release the evidence bc it will scare ppl/conflict 4 6.25%
No, bc he has no evidence and is just diverting blame 32 50.00%
Yes, but people will call evidence "fake" or "insufficient" 15 23.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 09:08 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
The evidence is in the respective research articles, genius. Look it up yourself, Mr. Projectionist.

Still waiting on your evidence that it originated in a lab....any day now, Mr. Projectionist.
Already told you I have read it - I know their claims. I'm seeing if you do! It is obvious that you don't.

Again, I do not claim that there is evidence for a lab origin. Care to point out where I did - or is this another misrepresentation by you? I'm challenging your claims about the evidence these papers are presenting - they are no that clear and certainly not proof nor do they rule out a lab possibility at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 09:08 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Lol, really. Is creating new laws for labs because of the incident involving the Wuhan Market a distraction too?

"On February 14, President Xi Jinping gave a speech to party leaders declaring China must "close the loopholes exposed by the epidemic". He announced the fast-tracking of a new law for "biosecurity at laboratories" specifically targeting the use of biological agents that "may harm national security". The law had been in the pipeline for some months and some experts say tightening security measures at laboratories is to be expected after an outbreak like this one."

I mean - if there is no lab leak - what loopholes is President Xi Jinping closing exactly?
Correlation isn’t causation.

Nor does the January paper in the New England Journal of Medicine claim that the virus was of lab origin.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:11 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Correlation isn’t causation.

Nor does the January paper in the New England Journal of Medicine claim that the virus was of lab origin.
Well, as the labs defense attorney, I hope China is paying you well for the subterfuge. It amazes me that China and its scientists are seeming to be more open and honest than you are. Why is that?

Old 05-08-2020, 09:11 PM

273 posts, read 96,691 times
I think there is a possibility it was a lab leak just based on the CCP's reputation and past atrocious human rights abuses and outstanding public health and safety failures,

Old 05-08-2020, 09:12 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Luc Montagnier, the Man Who Discovered HIV, says that COVID19 is man-made in origin:

https://www.gilmorehealth.com/chines...iscovered-hiv/

Quote:
Quote:
Professor Luc Montagnier, 2008 Nobel Prize winner for Medicine, claims that SARS-CoV-2 is a manipulated virus that was accidentally released from a laboratory in Wuhan, China.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:12 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Already told you I have read it - I know their claims. I'm seeing if you do! It is obvious that you don't.

Again, I do not claim that there is evidence for a lab origin. Care to point out where I did - or is this another misrepresentation by you? I'm challenging your claims about the evidence these papers are presenting - they are no that clear and certainly not proof nor do they rule out a lab possibility at this time.
What’s “obvious“ is that you already have a conclusion in mind yet can’t provide one iota of supporting evidence.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:13 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

Quote:
Quote:
Wuhan laboratory scientists 'did absolutely crazy things' to alter coronavirus and enabled it to infect humans, Russian microbiologist claims

Old 05-08-2020, 09:13 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times
I don't think anyone is suggesting the virus originally came from a lab, they're merely suggesting that the virus was possibly altered in a lab to make it more lethal, e.g. altering the RNA to increase gain of function so it infects more hosts and is more lethal.

This type of research may have been going on at the Wuhan virology lab, which was located just a few hundred yards from the wet market in Wuhan where some of the first cases were traced back to.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:15 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
What’s “obvious“ is that you already have a conclusion in mind yet can’t provide one iota of supporting evidence.
The only conclusion I have is that the so-called evidence for proof is not proof nor does it rule out a lab origin. But I'll just start to present why instead of wasting more time on Goose Steppers....

Old 05-08-2020, 09:19 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
I don't think anyone is suggesting the virus originally came from a lab, they're merely suggesting that the virus was possibly altered in a lab to make it more lethal, e.g. altering the RNA to increase gain of function so it infects more hosts and is more lethal.

This type of research may have been going on at the Wuhan virology lab, which was located just a few hundred yards from the wet market in Wuhan where some of the first cases were traced back to.
Would anyone care to speculate on why the lab would want to do that? Pest control maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies