Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 08:42 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Never violate a man's constitutional right to shop without wearing a dorky mask...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXn2b0yv6pQ

The guy could be right though, the whole plandemic might be a giant hoax.
Out of roughly 100 family members, friends, extended relatives, neighbors, etc, I still don't know anyone who has had covid-19.
Y'all sure get awfully triggered about something as insignificant as a mask. And by the way, I know people who have had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 08:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nobody is violating his constitutional rights.

If a business owner determines that lack of shoes or shirt poses a danger to the patron or other customers, or if it’s merely enough to make others uncomfortable, this sign "no shirt, no shoes, no service" is both legal and completely justified.

same goes: If a business owner determines that lack of a mask poses a danger to other customers, or if it is merely enough to make others uncomfortable, then the businesses have the right to deny a service.

It is this simple. .. has absolutely nothing to do with constitutional rights. Yikes

Plus, the yelling guy looks totally stupid, but this is another topic.
Discrimination is not held to a high standard in the courts.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:43 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Amazing people here are actually defending the mask policy.
So willing to throw away your freedom because TV says so?
My freedom doesn't lie in a little paper thing over my face. It's a shame this is such a big deal for some. I'm sure there are plenty of places you can go that don't require one. Just go there. Problem solved.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:45 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
https://youtu.be/PRa6t_e7dgI

Just leaving this here.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:45 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
sure they can.
ever see the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs? add "no mask" to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpClZ4HSf0

Old 05-09-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Y'all sure get awfully triggered about something as insignificant as a mask. And by the way, I know people who have had it.
Had he been open carrying a sidearm, no one would have said a word.
No one says crap to me in the grocery store and I am not the only one maskless.
Here in Texas, it has become code. The person is conceal carrying, if they are in public in a major Texas city without a mask. You can wager on it in Vegas(when they open back up)

Old 05-09-2020, 08:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Never violate a man's constitutional right to shop without wearing a dorky mask...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXn2b0yv6pQ

The guy could be right though, the whole plandemic might be a giant hoax.
Out of roughly 100 family members, friends, extended relatives, neighbors, etc, I still don't know anyone who has had covid-19.
Sure you do. Your 85 year old relative who has cancer died and corona was listed as the cause.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:48 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Business owners have a right to ask people to wear masks. Just like they do shirt and shoes. Nobody ever freaked out about that. I swear, people's snowflaky-ness never ceases to amaze me. If people don't want to wear a mask in a store that requires one, then they should avoid that store. Simple.
Now this I agree with. If you don’t like the policy, go to another store.

I don’t wear a mask (mainly because if I can’t find an official n95, I’m not stuff some random cloth in my face to make some soccer mom happy), but if I went to a store that requires one, I’ll just simply go to another store. Such as Costco, I’ll just shop at a local grocery store. Not a big deal. When I shop, I’m in and I’m out and avoid people. People without the mask always give me a headnod, but I honestly don’t mask up because I can’t find one, not for a political reason.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:51 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Now this I agree with. If you don’t like the policy, go to another store.

I don’t wear a mask (mainly because if I can’t find an official n95, I’m not stuff some random cloth in my face to make some soccer mom happy), but if I went to a store that requires one, I’ll just simply go to another store. Such as Costco, I’ll just shop at a local grocery store. Not a big deal. When I shop, I’m in and I’m out and avoid people. People without the mask always give me a headnod, but I honestly don’t mask up because I can’t find one, not for a political reason.
can use a bandanna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcSCgAD8f8

Old 05-09-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

It was decided already in case law, as Muslim women were being discriminated against.
And the way freedom works in the courts, "if you are free to do it, you are free to not do it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies