Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 06:44 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
NSA already tracks your every move with your phone location. So no conspiracy.
I can move to a burner phone. Straight cash with a new one every two weeks. Of course that means going to WalMart to get one, but I've already found that their 'mask required' rule doesn't mean diddly at the front door. As Nancy said, 'Just Say No Thanks".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 06:50 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,876,931 times
they don't (always) track you. they CAN track you. That's different. I can turn my phone off - end of tracking. Leave it at home - throw it in the lake. Whatever.

Can't do that in Taiwan without consequences.

That's the difference. YES - here, you agree to be tracked, simply by using your cell phone. Fine print and all, I'm sorry if lots of folks don't realize that. But when you're a wanted killer - I think it's handy - or if you have a high fever - I think it's over the line.

More important point though: Folks who want a high degree of tracking, testing, and quarantine must also want unemployed - because a whole lotta folks will test POSITIVE right now - and then must quit work for several weeks.

It's a conundrum.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:50 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
A few years ago living in a gated community (who let them in?) in Florida, two nurses came to my door asking if I was over 65 and would take some kind of health questionnaire. I told them not interested and closed the door.

Several days later they came back and offered to PAY ME $50 to take the questionnaire. This time I slammed the door in their faces.

Are they going to bring the POLICE with them to your door for this COVID-19 Testing? I won't answer a questionnaire. Think I will voluntarily take a test?

Old 05-10-2020, 06:52 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I can move to a burner phone. Straight cash with a new one every two weeks. Of course that means going to WalMart to get one, but I've already found that their 'mask required' rule doesn't mean diddly at the front door. As Nancy said, 'Just Say No Thanks".
Yes, you can avoid tracking this way but the general public and those on here screaming this violates their privacy conveniently forget their every move is already being tracked.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:00 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
There is no description of the bill, not even a Summary. Clicking on that it says "Summary version coming". What exactly does this proposed legislation actally say? Don't want the general public to know?

Old 05-10-2020, 07:02 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Ok, not sure who's on first anymore - but this is EXACTLY what Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and others did / are doing - and I've heard nothing but disdain for the preparation of our own gov't. compared to them - so now that there's a bill to make us - like them - we're going to fight it?

I've said before here - what they do - will never work here - because no one wants that kind of system. That folks here would rather die of the virus than give in to that type of "preparation."

Maybe I was wrong...
The UK, Australia and India created contact tracing apps (by the government).

In Australia over 1 million have downloaded it in less than 2 weeks.
The UK is testing theirs now on the Isle of Wight.
India is mandating that people with smartphones download and install the app.

A smartphone app "will never work" ? LOL...Americans will download it by the millions.

And just like the Patriot Act, it will be sold as a bill of goods "to help us" and "save us".

The NSA already has several huge data centers and won't hesitate to build more to collect more data.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:38 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
they don't (always) track you. they CAN track you. That's different. I can turn my phone off

You only think your phone is off, it is still awake and talking.

Quote:
Can't do that in Taiwan without consequences.

We asre talking about Ventura County California, not Taiwan.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:49 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
people won't even fill out the Census but they're going to do this?

What are these idiots in the House trying to do? ...eventually they'll want to break into our homes.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:00 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
people won't even fill out the Census but they're going to do this?

What are these idiots in the House trying to do? ...eventually they'll want to break into our homes.
Well yeah, that’s kinda the point. Break and search homes for people and forcibly test them.

I can definitely see them doing it in areas like Baltimore and Chicago.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 18,646 times
Very well said!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies