Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 06:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He was doing this while the "temporary" hospital was open and never saw a patient, and while the UNSN Comfort was docked there and only saw a handful of patients. The hospitals never were "overwhelmed". Cuomo has blood on his hands, and has by far the worst performance in the nation regarding the bug. 1300 New Yorkers dead per million population, 26,000 people. But yeah, he bleats out "Orange Man Bayd" 20 times a day so he's a hero of the left-in spite of thousands dead.
Cuomo never mentioned Trump unless he was asked about him, and even then, he always said he is focused on what he can do and side stepped the question.

This is one of the few times Trump wasnt going after him, and he wasnt going after Trump. Why take one of the few moments of unity and try to make it partisan ??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 07:02 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The extended shutdown is not primarily about destroying the economy.

It's about using the shutdown as an excuse to get mail-in voting up and running so they can cheat their way to the presidency in 2020.

Never forget that Trump is the primary enemy of these people and they absolutely will not quit until the election is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
How is Mail in voting 'cheating"? Republicans don't vote by mail?
Trump supporters need to loosen their Tin Foil hats.
Here you go...

Mail-In Ballots Make Voter Fraud Easy. I Know Because I Did It.

In 2011, when I was living in Palm Beach County, Florida, I decided to test the system, and so I asked for three voter registration applications.

I filled them out, listing three different names — two that I pulled out of my head Rebecca Bugle and Hannah Arendt — and my own name, Margaret Menge.

A few weeks later I got two notices back, saying applications for Rebecca Bugle and Margaret Menge could not be processed because a driver’s license number or social security number was not provided.

But I also received in my mailbox a new voter information card for Hannah Arendt.

A few days later, I checked the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections website and sure enough, there was Hannah Arendt, listed as an eligible voter — a person who existed in history, the celebrated author of “Eichmann in Jerusalem” — but not a person who was in existence in 2011 in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Not long after, with an election approaching, I called the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections, said I was Hannah Arendt, and asked for an absentee ballot. The employee on the phone asked for a date of birth, and when I gave her information on my initial application — July 20, 1991 — she said she’d send one out.

The absentee ballot for Hannah Arendt appeared in my mailbox a week or two later.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Here you go...

In 2011, when I was living in Palm Beach County, Florida, I decided to test the system, and so I asked for three voter registration applications.

I filled them out, listing three different names — two that I pulled out of my head Rebecca Bugle and Hannah Arendt — and my own name, Margaret Menge.

A few weeks later I got two notices back, saying applications for Rebecca Bugle and Margaret Menge could not be processed because a driver’s license number or social security number was not provided.

But I also received in my mailbox a new voter information card for Hannah Arendt.

A few days later, I checked the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections website and sure enough, there was Hannah Arendt, listed as an eligible voter — a person who existed in history, the celebrated author of “Eichmann in Jerusalem” — but not a person who was in existence in 2011 in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Not long after, with an election approaching, I called the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections, said I was Hannah Arendt, and asked for an absentee ballot. The employee on the phone asked for a date of birth, and when I gave her information on my initial application — July 20, 1991 — she said she’d send one out.

The absentee ballot for Hannah Arendt appeared in my mailbox a week or two later.
Your source is listed as a "high bias" website, and if you think about it, no one is dumb enough to write an article where she'd confess to committing a crime.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Do the naysayers pay attention to Trumps own announcement that HE IS GETTING TESTED DAILY FOR COVID19. If its a hoax or if its all over and we can safely go back to work without any need for frequent testing, then how does this make sense? I think he needs a big group hug from his supporters. Show him he has nothing to worry about and he can safely drink his own Kool-Aid.
Trump's supporters fail to see the inequities in how Trump is being treated during this virus versus how WE are being treated. He, and his staff, get tested every single day, as Joe Average, go out and try to get the same tests yourself. Hell, I can't even get ONE TEST, let alone one per day.

The other strange thing is that Trump keeps minimizing how serious this virus is and how it should not be a long term problem...………...but he still submits to that test every single day himself. Quite the double standard we have here.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:30 AM

615 posts, read 1,075,763 times
Quote:
seriously what percentage of people do you think would even attempt that, maybe .05% ?
Voting fraud is a myth perpetuated by Republicans to justify their unconstitutional and immoral voter suppression. Trump even admitted they don't want everyone voting because Republicans would get outvoted.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:47 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why did you opt for "hard isolation" if you thought it would be of no use?
You pick 2 of my comments that capture what was thought at one time long ago (in covid years) versus what is currently known. However, I thought there was a possibility at the original comment that it could go either way and that's still somewhat true....at the very least, I wanted to build up my immune system and for the health protocols to develop as much as possible before I get the virus.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
There is a lot of tinfoil here:

Firstly it isn't "Democrats" that shut down. Gov. Brian Kemp that idiot in Georgia did. Gov. Doug Ducey did in Arizona. Gov. Mike DeWine in Ohio did. Gov. Abbott of Texas did so as well. Even Gov. Ron DeSantis shutdown Florida. Yet it is all about the Democrats... GMAFB.

Secondly, the purpose is to crash the economy? The purpose is not to crash the economy. The purpose is to save lives. I'm sorry people actually want to save lives and prevent death due to overloaded hospitals. Hell the latter can still come from reopening. Instead we lead the world in infections and deaths. 80K dead.

Thirdly, Mail in ballots? Why is this about mail in ballots? Mail in ballots is to prevent another Wisconsin and even Arizona. Few polling places, long lines and exposure to the virus for yourself and your family and co-workers. There is a better way and that is mail-in ballots. I use it in Arizona all the time. Saves me time before or after work on Election day and I don't need to worry about lines and who touched what. Why should voters be subjected to the virus for two hours+ to vote?

Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your source is listed as a "high bias" website, and if you think about it, no one is dumb enough to write an article where she'd confess to committing a crime.
I'm not even going to bother with you if you can't at some level deal with the content - and are blindly going to cry bias at every other article. If you have proof that the content is false - prove it. Otherwise - quit whining.

No crime was committed as she never voted and made an inquiry about it to the FL Sec of State.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:23 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
I'm not even going to bother with you if you can't at some level deal with the content - and are blindly going to cry bias at every other article. If you have proof that the content is false - prove it. Otherwise - quit whining.

No crime was committed as she never voted and made an inquiry about it to the FL Sec of State.
I live in Arizona and mail in every election. Some elections are strictly by mail mind you (namely local elections like Mayor or bond votes.) The only time mail ins were questioned was last year when McSally and Sinema were so close they had to accurately count mail in ballots. Republicans didn't like it and sued trying to claim some mail in practices were wrong.
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...oters-11015562
Trump even chimed in on Twitter saying signatures didn't match... Mind you if they didn't, the county would call you and ask to verify the signature in person. I

I don't get your irrational fear with mail in ballots. If there was a problem, it would be found in states already doing. Many residents love doing it already.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Step 1: destroy economy
Step 2: ?
Step 3: profit...
Step 1: Destroy economy
Step 2: Blame the bad orange man for it
Step 3: Profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies