Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 12:48 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times

Advertisements

Call me a pessimist. I call myself a realist who sees things as they really are, and we have to face reality: Coronavirus has got America by the throat and it's not going to let go. By a margin of 60% to 30%, Americans want to see America continue to be shut down while we wait for Corona to go away. But it's not going to go away. It doesn't behave like the ordinary flu. The latest alarming effect of this virus is that it brings on a Kawasaki Disease-like condition in children that can be fatal. This along with its ability to hide in asymptomatic people as they infect hundreds of others around them and the possible irreparable damage it does to the cardiovascular system of its victims, among other devastating anomalies.

Unemployment hit 14.7% U-3 level in April. At U-6 it was about 22.8%. Projections are for these numbers to get worse in May. June is anybody's guess but it doesn't look good. The moment we open up businesses in an attempt to kick-start the economy the number of Corona cases will spike and we'll have to shut everything down again. In an attempt to save every last life in America we are bankrupting the country.

Some economists are acknowledging it's not possible to protect every last person. A large number of people will have to die so that the economy can survive. A large number of people will have to be turned away at the hospitals or our healthcare system will collapse. On our current trajectory I personally see us in a state of collapse by the start of next year. Cuomo's stance that every life must be protected at the cost of jobs is insane. So is Newsome's. This is the reality we face in America going into 2021.

If Trump is reelected his inability feel compassion or empathy for anyone but himself can actually work in America's favor. He has the strength of will to allow people to die to save the economy and this is exactly what we need in a President right now to rescue us from the bleeding-heart liberals who are decimating our country.

"Life will never be the same after the pandemic passes, says public health journalist"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/us/li...aurie-garrett/

Last edited by thrillobyte; 05-09-2020 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 01:57 PM

It is every man for himself right now. Don't rely on government to do squat for you in the long term. If you're lucky you'll get the $1200 check--if you're lucky. If you're unemployed, don't count on getting through the unemployment phone number. If anything, as the number of unemployed goes up it will get impossible. Those with no savings are toast. They will have to turn to crime to live. Eventually the National Guard will have to be deployed to maintain order. If government protective services like military, national guard and police start breaking down God help us, but He won't. The only thing between you and death will be your .44 Magnum.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Call me a pessimist. I call myself a realist who sees things as they really are, and we have to face reality: Coronavirus has got America by the throat and it's not going to let go. By a margin of 60% to 30%, Americans want to see America continue to be shut down while we wait for Corona to go away. But it's not going to go away. It doesn't behave like the ordinary flu. The latest alarming effect of this virus is that it brings on a Kawasaki Disease-like condition in children that can be fatal. This along with its ability to hide in asymptomatic people as they infect hundreds of others around them and the possible irreparable damage it does to the cardiovascular system of its victims, among other devastating anomalies.

Unemployment hit 14.7% U-3 level in April. At U-6 it was about 22.8%. Projections are for these numbers to get worse in May. June is anybody's guess but it doesn't look good. The moment we open up businesses in an attempt to kick-start the economy the number of Corona cases will spike and we'll have to shut everything down again. In an attempt to save every last life in America we are bankrupting the country.

Some economists are acknowledging it's not possible to protect every last person. A large number of people will have to die so that the economy can survive. A large number of people will have to be turned away at the hospitals or our healthcare system will collapse. On our current trajectory I personally see us in a state of collapse by the start of next year. Cuomo's stance that every life must be protected at the cost of jobs is insane. So is Newsome's. This is the reality we face in America going into 2021.

If Trump is reelected his inability feel compassion or empathy for anyone but himself can actually work in America's favor. He has the strength of will to allow people to die to save the economy and this is exactly what we need in a President right now to rescue us from the bleeding-heart liberals who are decimating our country.

"Life will never be the same after the pandemic passes, says public health journalist"

It's always helpful when a Doctor of Infectious diseases or an expert epidemiologist comes along to enlighten us with his wisdom. Thank you for debunking myths such as the following:

Quote:
Disease modelers at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention project that as much as 65% of the American population could eventually be infected by the new coronavirus.

The models: According to the report, the CDC shared its models with 50 expert teams, all working to estimate how fast the virus will spread and how severe the cases of flu-like illness it causes will be.

The worst-case figures reflect what would happen if no action is taken to slow the virus, which spreads from person to person. If this transmission is unchecked, each person with the virus could infect about two to three others, causing the contagion to grow.

The CDC projected that 2.4 million to 21 million people in the US could end up in the hospital, overwhelming emergency wards and ICUs. The number of deaths in some models ranged from 200,000 to 1.7 million. The fatality rate of the virus is estimated as high as 3.5% by the World Health Organization.

MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW

So you want to take anywhere from 2.4 million to 21 million sick and dying Americans and refuse them hospital care. That's a lot of bodies we will be stepping across in our country's streets. But Wall Street will be happy and that's what matters. "Say bye-bye to Granny now, honey. The Sanitation Department will be here any moment to wash her body into the sewer along with all the others."

The conservatives have always had cruelty as one of the more important planks in their party platform. However, the advent of the Coronavirus has shown us the true nature of their little black hearts - they don't have any.

So, on the basis of pure speculation, you want our country to enact what many might call a genocide and what all would call one of the cruelest actions ever taken by any nation on this earth. Even Hitler would be jealous - he only managed to kill 6 million or so.

I hate conservatives these days, and I don't mind shouting my sentiments to the world. You are disgusting.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:05 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:

America will recover and return to prosperity. Desperate situations always resolve; its just hard to believe in the middle of a crisis.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
America will recover and return to prosperity. Desperate situations always resolve; its just hard to believe in the middle of a crisis.
Especially when considering this is world wide and not just America's economy going into a tailspin.

Giving priority to what economists say over and above what trained physicians say about a medical calamity is akin to asking a firebug to be the night watchman at the explosives factory.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It's always helpful when a Doctor of Infectious diseases or an expert epidemiologist comes along to enlighten us with his wisdom. Thank you for debunking myths such as the following:

MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW

So you want to take anywhere from 2.4 million to 21 million sick and dying Americans and refuse them hospital care. That's a lot of bodies we will be stepping across in our country's streets. But Wall Street will be happy and that's what matters. "Say bye-bye to Granny now, honey. The Sanitation Department will be here any moment to wash her body into the sewer along with all the others."

The conservatives have always had cruelty as one of the more important planks in their party platform. However, the advent of the Coronavirus has shown us the true nature of their little black hearts - they don't have any.

So, on the basis of pure speculation, you want our country to enact what many might call a genocide and what all would call one of the cruelest actions ever taken by any nation on this earth. Even Hitler would be jealous - he only managed to kill 6 million or so.

I hate conservatives these days, and I don't mind shouting my sentiments to the world. You are disgusting.

>>>>You are disgusting.

Tough. You are too. Live with it, dreamer.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:49 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Worst case scenario is what will happen if we keep the Right Wingers in office. Whens the last time we had the right wing in office that WASN'T a "worse case scenario?" Yea I dont know either.

Reagan destroyed the middle class busted up unions.

Bush- invades countries, puts us trillions in debt and gets off without a slap on the wrist.

Chump? Dont even get us started on this clown

Old 05-09-2020, 03:51 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Are we back to talking about "millions" of deaths from COVID again? LOL, I thought we moved on from that after we found out it's considerably less deadly than first feared.....

The fear of COVID, and the overreaction it has caused, is considerably worse than the actual disease.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I hope you're right. Pulitzer-prize winning public health journalist Laurie Garrett estimates it will take 36 months before things start to turn around. Look at us after 3 months: 35 million unemployed; 25% of businesses shut down; bread lines in every state that stretch for miles; 1 in 8 children at risk for malnourishment. That's after only 3 months! What will things look like in fall when this thing reemerges along with the flu 4 months from now?

Old 05-09-2020, 03:56 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
I hope you're right. Pulitzer-prize winning public health journalist Laurie Garrett estimates it will take 36 months before things start to turn around. Look at us after 3 months: 35 million unemployed; 25% of businesses shut down; bread lines in every state that stretch for miles; 1 in 8 children at risk for malnourishment. That's after only 3 months! What will things look like in fall when this thing reemerges along with the flu 4 months from now?
All of those things are a result of the overreaction to the virus, not the actual virus itself. Things will be fine if they allow people to go back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies