Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 08:31 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times

Advertisements

Before we sound the victory bells, lets give it 3 weeks at least. Most people who get Covid-19 take 1 week to even begin feeling symptoms, some take two weeks. So the ramifications of these actions will take some time to be felt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 08:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I've stopped by and supported my local coffee shop almost daily since this started. Here in SC nobody is really all that diligent about wearing masks, although you do see them more often since this whole thing started. In Charleston County, where I live, which includes the metros of Charleston, North Charleston, Mount Pleasant etc. Population of approx 300k, we've had 8 deaths and like 700 cases so far. There's been far more fatalities due to cardiac arrest, car crashes, gang shootings, drownings and suicides than the 8 that have passed due to Corona.

I know in other areas, where public transportation is rampant, and people live in stacked housing, have had more of an issue with this virus, but it really hasn't affected anyone I know. I know of one family who had several members test positive, the worst of them getting a fever and laying low for a few days, but there's absolutely no reason why Charlestonians are sitting at home with all public schools, beaches, and businesses closed.
I live in Mt. Pleasant SC and yup -- -folks don't wear masks at the beach . I don't go to coffee shops so I haven't seen that.

Grocery store -- everyone is masked up.

And it is true -- because there have been no concerts, movie theaters, crowded facilities --- we've managed to mitigate the spread. That's a good thing.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:45 PM

And folks -- they aren't reporting when there are outbreaks at your Target or Walmart....

Old 05-11-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Actually they did. They had a concept to bring down the current government in power, saw an opportunity and ran with it. Drummed up a story, caused an overblown knee-jerk reaction by the public and our leaders, and frankly wrecked the economy in order to sell ads and change a regime. It's been tried before you know...

10 Trillion spent for a little bit of a flu strain.
You really believe this federal government is that incompetent and that the world played along.....

Old 05-11-2020, 09:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Where's the proof?
the more testing they do...the more people they find that have it.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:27 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:

10 Trillion spent for a little bit of a flu strain.
"A little bit of a flu strain"?

When it was flu season, tell us which city in the US had so many dead from the flu that they had to store the bodies of the victims in refrigerated trucks?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-burials.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...or-coronavirus

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/22/...new-york-city/

COVID-19 is NOT "a little bit of a flu strain". Far from it.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:00 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Why aren't we seeing mass casualties at Harris Teeters, Walmarts, and Lowe's? Those chains have been open and packed full of bored shoppers since day one of this "pandemic". Did those stores somehow figure out how to instantly kill all pandemic startin viruses at thier front doors?

Or perhaps it's just a bad strain of the flu for old folks and the rest of us really don't have much to worry about?

Anyways, I'm off to get me a Nothingburger with a side of fries today.

We the people really need to demand that our media be non-biased, impartial, and without corruption. We the people need our media to not have agendas, sell out to political parties based on how much revenue that party can generate for that media group, and we need to hold them accountable for lying to us.
The only way to do that, is to vote for Trump. Whether or not you think he has done a good job, or a bad job - vote for him again as a message to the lying corrupt establishment.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:50 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The only way to do that, is to vote for Trump. Whether or not you think he has done a good job, or a bad job - vote for him again as a message to the lying corrupt establishment.
Based on the last 3 years, I would submit the current Administration And Congress has become the lying corrupt establishment.

God I wish we had term limits for both Senators and Representatives.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:39 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
From what I have read the virus does not do as well in warm humid climates vs cooler dryer climates. That is one factor to consider. Eventually, however, you are just asking for it by not taking cautions. Good luck, though.
We took a lot of cautions here, sheltered in place and everything. Turned out to be a huge nothingburger.
Whether or not climate had everything to do with that who knows. I suspect it's more about not living on top of each other and sharing transportation (taxis, subways, etc).

Old 05-12-2020, 06:41 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"A little bit of a flu strain"?

When it was flu season, tell us which city in the US had so many dead from the flu that they had to store the bodies of the victims in refrigerated trucks?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-burials.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...or-coronavirus

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/22/...new-york-city/

COVID-19 is NOT "a little bit of a flu strain". Far from it.
Compared to "a doozie of a flu strain" this is a mild form of virus. There have been some real "pandemics" out there in the past. 1918 flu killed approx 50 million. In America, in October of 2018 we lost 200,000 in one month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies