Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 09:58 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Echoing Dr. Bright's warning to the House panel that we are facing the "darkest winter in modern history" I strongly encourage people to not delay making preparations. Believe me, based on Trump's record of success on Coronavirus so far:

If there is a way to screw up our response to the pandemic, Trump will positively find it, no two doubts about that.

It's every man for himself and his family. Stockpile food and provisions for yourselves. Try to get as much money as you can put away in a good bank and keep a percentage of it at home in a safe place. Be prepared to be locked in for long periods, only going out for food and provisions when you can't order them online. Get a good credit card with no credit used on it for your online purchases.

I've learned to hope for the best and plan for the worst and right now we have to plan for the worst because based on the experts, who are saying the opposite of what Trump says, we are indeed heading into the worst winter of death, mayhem and lawlessness of our lifetimes.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Echoing Dr. Bright's warning to the House panel that we are facing the "darkest winter in modern history" I strongly encourage people to not delay making preparations. Believe me, based on Trump's record of success on Coronavirus so far:

If there is a way to screw up our response to the pandemic, Trump will positively find it, no two doubts about that.

It's every man for himself and his family. Stockpile food and provisions for yourselves. Try to get as much money as you can put away in a good bank and keep a percentage of it at home in a safe place. Be prepared to be locked in for long periods, only going out for food and provisions when you can't order them online. Get a good credit card with no credit used on it for your online purchases.

I've learned to hope for the best and plan for the worst and right now we have to plan for the worst because based on the experts, who are saying the opposite of what Trump says, we are indeed heading into the worst winter of death, mayhem and lawlessness of our lifetimes.
Well bless your little heart. Atta boy!

Old 05-14-2020, 10:04 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:

I thought it was Republicans who were full of fear.......

Old 05-14-2020, 10:06 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Leftists are all Elmer FUD(d)s!

Old 05-14-2020, 10:07 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Here in upstate NY, it’s still winter right now.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:09 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Here in upstate NY, it’s still winter right now.
Did you guys get snow?

Unseasonably cold here.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:10 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Quote:

simmer down little fella

Old 05-14-2020, 10:10 AM

610 posts, read 263,870 times
Dramatic much?

If this apocalyptic break down of society you mention did not happen the first go-around (when we were flying completely blind) why would it happen almost a year later?

Old 05-14-2020, 10:13 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
There will probably be another flare-up when fall comes around and the temps drop. It won't be any different from what happened this time around. Yes, there will likely be layoffs and lockdowns again. You will have to wear masks, but there isn't going to be this mass lawlessness you describe. There wasn't this time.

You should always be prepared for the worst.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:16 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:

You need a Snickers, buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies