Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 06:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
Black Obama supporters are genuine

So many of his white supporters are fake AF
Why do you feel a white person couldn't possibly genuinely support a black person?

Also, does it work the other way, that black supporters of white politicians are fake, and that they should stick to supporting people of their own color?

Your way of thinking is classic alt-right.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:40 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why can't he be respected for how he conducted himself and how he spoke when representing this country on the world stage? Who cares what his skin color is...
Because for the conservatives Obama being black was the ultimate insult and having a black president was even more of an insult.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:42 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Black Obama supporters are genuine

So many of his white supporters are fake AF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you feel a white person couldn't possibly genuinely support a black person?

Also, does it work the other way, that black supporters of white politicians are fake, and that they should stick to supporting people of their own color?

Your way of thinking is classic alt-right.
Because that poster is racist - against whites.

I voted for the black candidate in my last Congressional race - because I liked his politics, which were conservative - and he lost. I guess all these liberals in my district wouldn’t vote for the black man. They’re so racist!

Old 05-13-2020, 06:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Because for the conservatives Obama being black was the ultimate insult and having a black president was even more of an insult.
Then explain to me why I, and all my conservative friends, voted for the black man who was running for Congress in my district. Get it through your head: it’s about policies, not skin color!

Old 05-13-2020, 06:44 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
It's strange.

Not even the African Americans I know hype him up as some great awesome president than white liberals.

If Obama was white I don't think they would fawn all over him
Have never met anyone who thinks he is a God, so can't comment.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Then explain to me why I, and all my conservative friends, voted for the black man who was running for Congress in my district. Get it through your head: it’s about policies, not skin color!
Why can’t you apply that to Obama and white voters who liked his policies?

Politics isn’t a one way street.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:51 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
White liberals demonstrably DO have something "wrong" with them. Psychologically.

In a study that looked at "in group preference," white liberals were the ONLY demographic group to express GREATER feelings of "warmth" and affinity towards NON-WHITE people (out-groups) than they did their own group (other white people).

No other group had this finding. Not blacks, Asians, Latinos, or non-liberal whites... nobody else. Just white liberals. All others had positive affinity towards their own. But white liberals? That's anathema to their worldview and self-image. You can see it demonstrated in the way white liberals employ self-deprecating (or even, malicious) humor towards white people. Especially in situations where it will ingratiate them to those who are perceived as non-white.

They are "one of the good ones," you see? [Incidentally, though in general, even conservative white people hold less in-group preference than the average minority for their own... which again, does not lend evidence to the narrative of white supremacy and white exclusion. Expect no "social science" evaluation of these findings as it goes against the billion dollar victimhood industry in the western world.]

When surveyed about race relations and racism in America, white liberals ALSO are more likely than minorities to express misgivings. They think racism is a problem more than the average black person surveyed. White liberals also have a HUGE blind-spot when it comes to minority racism and minority-on-minority racism.

White liberals are damaged. The funny thing is, they're the ones who run around anointing themselves the enlightened ones with the self-appointed burden of having to "educate" their "fellow hu-whites." They don't understand that normal, non-liberal whites loathe THEM in the way they THINK non-liberal whites loathe minorities!

Old 05-13-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So, all your conservative friends live in the same districts....? I find that hard to believe, but either way, what you have presumably done is 100% irrelevant. It is a well known fact that many pseudo-conservatives vote for the letter behind the candidates name and nothing else matters. This is about those people in your party who agree with alt-right views.

IOW I am trying to ask the alt-right OP to explain why he argues white person is fake is he/she supports a black person.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I know many whites who did, and they did it because they likes his views, not because he is black.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
White liberals demonstrably DO have something "wrong" with them. Psychologically.

In a study that looked at "in group preference," white liberals were the ONLY demographic group to express GREATER feelings of "warmth" and affinity towards NON-WHITE people (out-groups) than they did their own group (other white people).
No clue what study this might be (sounds like a weird one), but Jesus defended the under-dogs too.

If the study shows that Republicans whites in US show feelings of "warmth" and affinity towards whites only, then it proves the racial divide is alive and well at least within the conservative camp.

I don't show feelings of "warmth" and affinity towards any particular group (I see people as equals), but I know the whites in US, as a super-majority racial group, are doing just fine. I am white, and as a non-pseudo-conservative I do not feel threatened by other groups whatsoever. In 2008 & 2012 I did not feel compelled to vote for Obama and pulled for 3rd choices instead because of their political views.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:01 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Here is the thing that really sticks in the craw of Trump supporters...…….Barack Obama got through (wait for it) TWO terms, not just one, without a fraction of the problems and confusion that Donald Trump has experienced in less that ONE term ! Moreover, when he left office, he did it with his head held high, and the adoration of millions and millions of Americans.

Think about it, the first black President in our long history, and he not only survived those two terms, but he left with a booming economy (after he inherited something akin to a depression) and we were respected by people all over the world for his leadership and intelligence.

Trump, on the other hand, can not get through one single day without some major screw up or problem. Most days, he can't even make it to lunchtime without doing something wrong or causing some major argument with someone.

All his supporters can do is fabricate ridiculous claims about Obama, and even ugly comments about his wife. They know, deep down, that he was head and shoulders above the inept clown they voted for, so that is all they really can do. I can guarantee you that, if Obama were in that office right now, our response to this virus and the final outcome would have been very different.

Donald Trump has no frickin' idea what to do next, and his only concern is the election in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies