Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 09:00 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
It's strange.

Not even the African Americans I know hype him up as some great awesome president than white liberals.

If Obama was white I don't think they would fawn all over him
I don't know of anyone who said he was a God. Personally, I think he was a decent President. A great improvement over his predecessor. Not perfect, by any means. For one thing, I think his Middle East policy was a total failure. His signature achievement, Obamacare, came early in his term and he didn't have many great successes after that.

Compared to Trump, Obama was an intellectual genius, a brilliant orator and an inspiring leader. Which has nothing to do with skin color. I always remind people that Obama was a white President to the same degree he was a black President.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:06 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama was BY FAR the worst President in my lifetime. Utterly corrupt, liar in chief. They only reason he got elected was due to White Guilt and a MEDIA that promoted him and repeated his far left lies. .
If he wasn't black, Hillary would have been the nominee, and McCain would have won.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Probably being sarcastic. Anyone who listened to his policies and cared about the truth knew he'd be a failure and he was.
Indeed the country was better before Obama came along. We were losing 745,000 jobs a month with the DOW hanging around 8,000 and that colored fella came along and ruined all of that.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Why do the Dems (not saying you are) keep doing this? Using Trump Whataboutisms when it’s totally irrelevant to the topic. Do you think many who elected him, or Independents who didn’t, don’t know his personal character flaws? He’s a freakin’ politician.

I wish instead of spending so much time and effort vilifying and attacking him/his policies since his election, the Dems had taken the higher road, waited the 4 year out, and offered the voters something better than Trump offered for their votes. You know, a viable platform.

Instead both parties are just circling the drain now. And sucking the country down with them.
Same reason whataboutism is used all the time when defending Trump's failings.

I hate it.

I think comparing Obama to Trump blah blah -- isn't addressing the topic of the thread.

The OP was clearly suggesting that white people who supported OBama have white guilt.

The only whataboutism that is worth bringing up what the white people who support a white President have.....and what a black person who supports a white President has.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Indeed the country was better before Obama came along. We were losing 745,000 jobs a month with the DOW hanging around 8,000 and that colored fella came along and ruined all of that.
Oye. Again with the race card. The fact that so many of us disapproved of him had nothing to do with his being bi-racial; it's due to liberal politics. Didn't like them then, and they've only gotten worse. Now we have libs talking about giving $10,000 a month to families until....whenever....and bribing illegals to come here with promises of free health care, free college, and protection from law enforcement.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:12 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
I'm white and socially liberal with a dash of fiscal conservatism. Not a contradiction. Recognizing inequity or flawed policies is different from throwing money at all of them.

In reference to the OP's comment, there's an element of truth to it. I think Obama was a good president who governed from a mostly moderate position, but he came from central casting to be the first African American President. I don't know if anyone saw him as God, or even God's ungodly messenger like so many now see the Trump, but Obama benefited from something like white guilt to be more anointed than selected to run, and then again in being elected.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:25 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Because if he had been a first term senator named Barry O'Banion with the exact same credentials, he would not have even been a top 1,000 candidate for president let alone won.

He won because of his skin color.
He won despite his skin color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Perhaps if McCain hadn't chosen Sarah Palin (the gateway idiot who opened the door to Trumpism) for his VP, he would have gotten more votes.
McCain was very low in the polls when he selected Palin. She gave him a temporary boost, but in the end did not make a difference in McCain's loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Could it be because McCain was such a horrible candidate? Nah, couldn't be.
McCain wasn't a horrible candidate. I thought he was a good senator. Running for President exposed his weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If he had been a white first-term senator from Illinois, he would not have defeated Hillary Clinton.
Hillary Clinton had her weakness and they caught up with her. Despite her qualifications, she was going to lose to a good candidate.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:26 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Dude. Have you watched our president in a press conference? Have you ever read a verbatim transcript of his remarks? He would make one of those same 3rd graders sound like Winston Freaking Churchill in comparison.
Apparently you never read Obama transcripts. I did and he never said anything of significance. His 'gift' was reading a teleprompter with a preacher cadence that mesmerized many people. They mistook it for great oration. Off-teleprompter he stumbled, stuttered and made gaffes which was why he was rarely allowed to do so. How many times did we hear, "Oh, he just misspoke" ?

Anyway, do intelligent people vote for a candidate because they think he is a great orator? Is that where we are?

Old 05-12-2020, 09:30 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
He was gifted at reading a teleprompter, but a terrible speaker off the cuff. My thinking that makes me a racist?

Right there was a big problem with Obama. Anyone who criticized him for anything was called a racist (by liberals of course). It’s only gotten worse from there as the radical left has jumped on the bandwagon to label anyone with a dissenting opinion a racist
dissenting opinions are fine, but George Bush and Trump supporters shouldnt be making arguments about being bad off the cuff speakers.

If it was a genuine criticism, both would have gotten it said more about them, but instead its a weird attack on Obama, just like golfing.

Quote:
I can’t tell you how many times liberals have said conservatives didn’t like Obamacare because it came from a black man.
probably had more to do with it coming from a Democrat than a black person, but that was likely part of it too.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Oye. Again with the race card. The fact that so many of us disapproved of him had nothing to do with his being bi-racial; it's due to liberal politics. Didn't like them then, and they've only gotten worse. Now we have libs talking about giving $10,000 a month to families until....whenever....and bribing illegals to come here with promises of free health care, free college, and protection from law enforcement.
The whole thread is playing the race card.

By suggesting if someone who is white supported OBama for his liberal politics -- they are suffering from white guilt.

So race card okay when it is insulting or attacking someone who voted for Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies