Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 10:48 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,067,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
It's strange.

Not even the African Americans I know hype him up as some great awesome president than white liberals.

If Obama was white I don't think they would fawn all over him
I'm a 45 year old white dude. I voted against Obama in 2008 and cast my vote for John McCain, one of the last great, true moderate Republicans.

That said, I was no big fan of Obama. But anybody that considers themselves to be an honest person would admit Obama did a hell of a job pulling the United States economy out of a recession and housing crisis that he inherited from his predecessor.

I found Barack Obama to always be very respectful and presidential.

Not my favorite human being, but he was nice enough and overall did a pretty good job as president, especially considering what was handed to him when he took office. A deep recession and two wars.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:51 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,691,226 times
Quote:
It's strange.

Not even the African Americans I know hype him up as some great awesome president than white liberals.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I respect and like Obama for two things...……...the kind of person he is, and what he did for this country.

As for the "white guilt", total BS. There are a lot of black people I have no respect for, and there are a lot of white people I have no respect for. I judge each person on their own merits, regardless of sex, race, religion, etc.

If Donald Trump had a fraction of the integrity, strength, intelligence, and respect that Barack Obama had (and still has), he would not be constantly getting himself into hot water. Obama/Trump is like apples/oranges. Obama is a man, Trump is a baby-man.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:57 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Life long dyed in the wool racists blaming Obama for their racism is nothing new. They marched with MLK back in the day.
Wrong: Anyone calling for blacks to have the same rights as whites is clearly divisive and a racist. Clearly, anyone calling for that doesn't "know their place".

You will never convince a current Trump supporter that Obama was anything but bad, just like you'll never convince them that Trump is anything but a saintly uniter. That's just how it is.

Just like the guys in Georgia who hunted a black man down with guns, in the street, like a dog, killed him in "self defense". You can't penetrate their racist resolve. Might as well accept, to them, Obama was a racist.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:48 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times
It's always been about white liberal guilt.
And if you are affected by it, you are labeled a racist.

Quote:
It's strange.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:50 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times
oh you mean as a soothsayer? Telling people what they wanted to hear?
Apparently his skin color did matter because if you didn't vote for him you were labeled racist no matter if you did not approve of his policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why can't he be respected for how he conducted himself and how he spoke when representing this country on the world stage? Who cares what his skin color is...

Old 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
He had more credentials in 2008 than Donald Trump in 2016. Are you saying that Trump won because of his skin color?
Based on what? The President is a part of the Administrative Branch, this has very little to do the Legislative Branch where Obama came from. Hate Trump all you want but when he entered office he had administered a heck of a lot more than Obama ever had.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Obama is an incredibly gifted orator. Anyone black or white who is not an incredible bigot can easily see that.
Only in your dreams. Even When when using a teleprompter, he can't get it right.

Guess you haven't seen his latest outburst. Can't even put 2 words together.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:02 PM

19,149 posts, read 16,970,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
oh you mean as a soothsayer? Telling people what they wanted to hear?
Apparently his skin color did matter because if you didn't vote for him you were labeled racist no matter if you did not approve of his policies.
I think what I wrote is pretty clear, at least President Obama had the table manners to be seen in public which is more than I can say for some. But you all keeps twisting it around your good at that,,,

Last edited by VA Yankee; 05-12-2020 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-12-2020, 01:04 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,350,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I'm not a Democrat. I voted for McCain and Romney.

But, to your point, this entire thread is about Obama. So, yeah, my comments are germane.
Romney...I couldn’t vote for him; that binder full of women meant there would be no room for me.

(And you can never trust someone that good looking with a full head of perfectly greying hair.)

Old 05-12-2020, 01:16 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,673,898 times
Once again look at the OP's join date and then consider the thread.

I do not know of anyone who regarded Obama as God. Perhaps the OP is influenced by the relationship between Trump cultists and Trump and has that mixed up with President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.