Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 08:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,689,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
People who see presidents as gods have a lot more than white guilt to worry about.

At any rate, Obama is old news. Most president worshippers have moved on to Trump, and they are not suffering from white guilt, but they are obsessed with whiteness.
or obsessed with orangeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Here is the thing that really sticks in the craw of Trump supporters...…….Barack Obama got through (wait for it) TWO terms, not just one, without a fraction of the problems and confusion that Donald Trump has experienced in less that ONE term ! Moreover, when he left office, he did it with his head held high, and the adoration of millions and millions of Americans.

Think about it, the first black President in our long history, and he not only survived those two terms, but he left with a booming economy (after he inherited something akin to a depression) and we were respected by people all over the world for his leadership and intelligence.

Trump, on the other hand, can not get through one single day without some major screw up or problem. Most days, he can't even make it to lunchtime without doing something wrong or causing some major argument with someone.

All his supporters can do is fabricate ridiculous claims about Obama, and even ugly comments about his wife. They know, deep down, that he was head and shoulders above the inept clown they voted for, so that is all they really can do. I can guarantee you that, if Obama were in that office right now, our response to this virus and the final outcome would have been very different.

Donald Trump has no frickin' idea what to do next, and his only concern is the election in November.
Good points! The only thing I would add is how do people think history will view Obama and Trump? Think about Presidents like FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter, Reagan, Clinton. How will Obama and Trump compare in 20, 40, or 60 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Whites that voted for Obama believe they were doing blacks a favor. All that white guilt spoon fed since birth by the media, academia, and government. They finally had a chance to relieve themselves.
I voted for Trump twice. (I also voted for the Bushes 4 times.) I voted for the person I thought was the best candidate. I absolutely did not vote for Obama because I though I was doing blacks a favor. That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on C-D.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:43 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Are you capable of following links contained within articles that describe studies?

I'm sure you are. But I think you're afraid of what you'll find. Because deep down, you probably know it's true. You see it in the way your fellow whites talk and interact with minorities.

You see it in the way you get that same feeling looking at some 45 year old Honduran illegal immigrant on TV that you would looking at a puppy on an ASPCA commercial.

You hear it in the way your fellow white liberals "down shift" their vocabulary when speaking to minorities.

Absolute garbage people masquerading as "defenders of the underdog!" And the funny thing is, minorities know this and exploit your vulnerability and weakness in this area to their benefit. And you either go along with it because you're oblivious, or see it as some sort of penance!

(Which circles us back to the quasi-religious theme of white liberalism!)

"ANES is a collaboration of Stanford University and the University of Michigan, with funding by the National Science Foundation."

some 'blog' you got there, buddy

Old 05-13-2020, 08:46 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,716,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
It's strange.

Not even the African Americans I know hype him up as some great awesome president than white liberals.

If Obama was white I don't think they would fawn all over him

This sounds an awful lot like one of those twisty Trumpy attempts to exploit race and cause chaos and division in our diverse United States of America.

Geez, OP. It is 2020. Color-blind Americans elected a highly competent, well -respected, literate & compassionate president in 2008 and again in 2012. Get over it.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-13-2020 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: oops typo

Old 05-13-2020, 08:48 AM

41,994 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Name one white person who sees Obama as a god, or as God. Please provide evidence.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:49 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,280,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Could it be because McCain was such a horrible candidate? Nah, couldn't be.
Tell me why someone that was a POW veteran would be a horrible candidate? He definitely had more to offer the country than a first time senator. Could it be that black people, some that never voted before, were bused in to vote for Obama for no other reason but the color of his skin? Now if that isn't racist, I don't know what is.

The Left seems to throw the race card around, accusing Republicans of being racist. When you look at the whole picture, it is the Left using them for their own political gain, which is sad. I didn't vote for Obama, but after his victory speech, I thought maybe he will be unbiased and I had hoped he would do the right thing. I didn't have a hissy fit over it for 8 years, calling him names like I was still in grade school.

The Left is flipping out because Trump isn't a career politician and now the truth is coming out about all the corruption in the Federal Government. Barr wouldn't be exposing the truth if they would have kept their mouths shut and let PT do his job. They bit off their noses to spite their faces and it is going to be a very interesting next 6 months.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:54 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,929 times
Funny there’s only one politician some people here treat like God and will go to the ends of the earth to defend everything he says and does no matter how stupid and it’s not Obama.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:57 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Funny there’s only one politician some people here treat like God and will go to the ends of the earth to defend everything he says and does no matter how stupid and it’s not Obama.
Wait, you are the people that call him a King and Dictator. I don't see any Trump supporters calling him a "God". Why be so dishonest? What are you hiding?

Old 05-13-2020, 08:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta loca View Post
You have nothing to worry about anymore. Biden is a white as snowflake. Probably whiter than that.

And Those who want to vote orange, don’t worry no one is talking about white guilt if you side with the Orange man.
I am not voting for either, so I do not worry.

The only people who I have ever heard talking about white guilt is people like you, when you try to project it on others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know many Whites who look at Obama like he's God.
I never heard anyone say it, but we have one poster here who calls Trump "prophet and savior".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Haha haha...... Yeah. Cops love Obama.
Other LE, who Trump refers to as "human scum" love Trump......maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Name one white person who sees Obama as a god, or as God. Please provide evidence.
It's called psychological projection. They see things that way and aren't proud of it, so they try to project it on others.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Wait, you are the people that call him a King and Dictator. I don't see any Trump supporters calling him a "God". Why be so dishonest? What are you hiding?
You don’t have to call somebody king or God it’s how you treat him. Some of you can never say he was wrong about ANYTHING

Old 05-13-2020, 09:12 AM

8,357 posts, read 2,979,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, if being a bad speaker was a genuine criticism, it would be said more about Trump or Bush, which both are far worse than Obama without a teleprompter. The fact that he is sandwitched between 2 presidents who were horrible with speaking off the cuff, but he is the one who gets stuck with the label reeks of him being singled out. Maybe its because he is a Democrat, maybe it is because he was a senator and neither of the other 2 were. Either way, he is treated differently and that is something you should try to clear up.

The person you are responding to, is clearly saying Obama could move people with his speeches, which are likely planned, but have nothing to do with off the cuff speaking( i think thats a genuine misunderstanding on your part, not an attempt to side step)
Obama couldn’t speak without a ‘prompter. It was comical. Dumbest POTUS I’ve ever experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies