Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 01:53 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So hilarious to watch his little ego get busted.

What happened to the STRONG leader? he can’t even handle questions.
The STRONG leader is actually weak and pathetic. November 3 can't get here soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 01:54 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Not bright? He defeated the Democrat Party, the mainstream media, and HiLlArY cLiNtOn.

Love how he manhandles the media, putting them in their place.
The media treated him like a rock star during the campaign. He was like a strange carnival attraction. Trump himself acknowledged all of the free publicity he received, so he didn't defeat the media, on the contrary they gave him a pass.

Even so, with all the media help and all of the Russian efforts Trump received 3 million less votes than Clinton did. He never had a mandate, the people rejected him. Trump knows that, which is why he was so obsessed with crowd sizes compared to his predecessors. He wanted to create the illusion that he actually had a mandate from the people.

Trump won the electoral college by 77,000 votes, less people than have died in the last two months from the Coronavirus.

People don't like him, he knows it (not that he cares), and he knows he will not win a fair election. He is all stressed out about that, and the Adderall doesn't seem to help.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:56 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Not bright? He defeated the Democrat Party, the mainstream media, and HiLlArY cLiNtOn.

As his approval ratings sink to new lows.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:56 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Quote:

He ran away. How is that putting them in their place? Please tell me. He avoided the question and then he left..it’s what he does. He can’t face anyone. He goes on Twitter and to his rallies and name calls. He doesn’t face them. And he loss the popular vote by the way. Yes he won the electorate.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:57 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
President Trump delivers remarks and holds a press briefing on testinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkK7Y4G7nDc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
“When did you stop beating your wife?” is a nasty loaded question when asked of the average Joe because it bakes in the unfounded assumption that poor Joe is beating his wife. Unlike the above, the question: “Why are you making this a global competition?” does not bake in an unfounded assumption. It is utterly and completely obvious that Trump is making this a global competition. He is constantly crowing about how the US is doing better (by some carefully chosen metric) than every other country. It’s like asking a notorious, proven wife-beater, when he stopped beating his wife. Totally legit.
Agreed! The reporters arrived at the briefing where there were two large signs that read:

Quote:
AMERICA LEADS THE WORLD IN TESTING

Weijia Jiang asked the question, "Why is this a global competition to you when Americans are losing their lives every day?"

Trump was obviously trying to make a point with his signs and should have been prepared to respond to questions about the signs. Instead he goes into a meltdown and says, "Maybe that's a question you should ask China." Her question had nothing to do with China, but had to do with the two signs Trump had created as his backdrop.

President Trump delivers remarks and holds a press briefing on testing

Last edited by villageidiot1; 05-12-2020 at 02:24 PM..

Old 05-12-2020, 02:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
it is amusing that the Left calls us deplorables or trumpkins, as in illiterate bumpkins who can't read or spell yet IMHO, we deplorables are the ONLY ones who truly understand what's going on.

we understand how deceptive and manipulative the media is.

we understand how the media is bound and determined to destroy Trump.

i have never seen a man of more inner strength than Trump. no other president could withstand the hate thrown his way. no other man would throw it right back in their faces.
This is laughable.

Your so-called understanding is based on the fact that you've been deceived and manipulated by the media. The right wing media. Are you really going to try and tell me that Breitbart, Infowars and Fox News are more reliable and accurate than NBC, PBS, WaPo and NYT? (I know you think that, but it's because you've been duped)

And the media is not bound and determined to destroy Trump. They are having to defend themselves from his attacks. Something he's been known for for decades. Attacks against anyone who speaks against him. The media is not interested in destroying anyone, they are interested in screaming headlines and keeping viewers engaged for 24/7, when there is not 24 hours worth of news. So whether they are left-leaning CNN or Right Leaning Fox, or on the outer fringe, or the most biased network out there, their job is to sell adds. To sell adds they have to keep viewers and to keep viewers they have to be first out with stories, and have headlines that capture attention of viewers.

In another thread, someone took exception that I called Trump a Narcissist, but to think that the media doing what the media has done for ever is suddenly about Trump is the epitome of narcissism.

Trump is possibly the weakest, most fragile person I've seen at that level ever. Always, the ones with the most bluster are covering up insecurities. Tell me why someone with so much stregnth has to pick on a reporter that he doesn't eve value. Why can't he just rise above it, answer the question, and show them they are wrong? (Answer: Because they are not, because he does not have the mental strength to control his fragile ego-driven emotions, and because he does not have the answers to prove his lies.)

But we all know, I think what I think and you think what you think, and nobody is changing anyone's mind.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:00 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Trump has always been a whiner. Many people can't see it, mainly because birds of a feather flock together.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:10 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The media treated him like a rock star during the campaign. He was like a strange carnival attraction. Trump himself acknowledged all of the free publicity he received, so he didn't defeat the media, on the contrary they gave him a pass.

Even so, with all the media help and all of the Russian efforts Trump received 3 million less votes than Clinton did. He never had a mandate, the people rejected him. Trump knows that, which is why he was so obsessed with crowd sizes compared to his predecessors. He wanted to create the illusion that he actually had a mandate from the people.

Trump won the electoral college by 77,000 votes, less people than have died in the last two months from the Coronavirus.

People don't like him, he knows it (not that he cares), and he knows he will not win a fair election. He is all stressed out, and the Adderall doesn't seem to help.
I have been saying for years he was snorting Adderall or something similar and then rebounding on some type of benzodiazepine. I worked in the addictions and mental health field for 30 years and I swear it explains so many things. The tape of him last week slurring and saying “ hello everybody” I seriously thought he might end up in the hospital in the next week. Although if he did we would never know. Been lots of signs there. Just last week I saw someone else say it and I told my husband ...” see other people are seeing it too.”

Old 05-12-2020, 02:14 PM

8,693 posts, read 11,081,311 times
Maybe it’s time WH start to ban MSM at press conference. Have real independent reporters

Old 05-12-2020, 02:21 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Three female so called reporters quickly organized into a wolf pack trying to attack the president with their argument ? They lost their minds trying to grandstand !!! Its never their job to argue with the President !!! Any reporters that didn't get a chance to ask one of their questions can thank the wolfpack's grandstanding which brought an end to questioning !!!
In the future they should act like reporters and not wild animals and remember their job isn't to end the press briefing and prevent others form getting their questions answered !!!

Whadaya mean it was the "wolfpack" that brought the questioning to a close????? Trump is the one who had a meltdown right on stage because he couldn't handle a simple question and walked off leaving everybody with their mouths hanging wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies