Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 05:26 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Exactly. It’s what a mother does when her kids acted like spoiled, entitled children - give them a time-out. If Trump were to continue to engage with such hateful “journalists,” it teaches them that their behavior is acceptable, which it is clearly not.

Quite a contrast with the lovefest from journalists during Obama’s pressers, huh?
There was no love fest between Obama and the press.
https://www.cjr.org/analysis/the_pre..._the_press.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 05:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lolz

No.

You have a right to speak.

You don't have a right to an audience with the President or to be listened to and answered.

Because if that applied to a reporter.....it would have to apply to everyone to be a first amendment issue.

When do I get my interview with the President??
It would make an interesting Supreme Court case regardless. Personally I think it would go against the idea of a free press. I would say that if Obama did that to Fox News or that idiot from One American News that put forth softballs to Trump in a few past Covid-19 press briefings.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:45 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How does one make the leap from "thinking Trump is a horrible person/president/businessman" to "hating the US"?

If you were familiar with his postings, you wouldn't be asking that question.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:57 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That's some Rose-colored lenses you are wearing there.

Trump causes his own problems. He makes broad generalizations and unsupported claims; he completely BS' on topics he knows nothing about (...anyone can get a test to why can't the general public get a test before going back to work?). When called out or questioned, even mildly, he lashes out with insults and throws a temper tantrum and claims media bias - for them doing their job. The guy is a huge snowflake.

How can everyone not see this ? Because it has been on display at nearly every press conference this year. IT IS NOT BEING PARTISAN TO ASK A RELEVANT QUESTION ABOUT A CLAIM MADE DURING A PRESS CONFERENCE!!

TRUMP SUPPORTERS: What would be your reaction to Obama behaving like this ?? Rhetorical question because we all already know the answer to this.
If you know the answer to your own question, don't waste our time asking.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:12 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
The president is a public servant. He serves the public. Not vice versa. If we had a king, then yes, we could go on about how the king should be respected (no matter how self-serving, incompetent and childish he was).
Pelosi is a public servant also and she comes right out and tells reporters she isn't answering questions. If it's good for the goose.....

Old 05-12-2020, 06:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Default what do you think of Trump's response to journalist Jiang ?

Read she asked Trump why are you asking me to ask China? etc...

And Trump said that is how he would respond to a nasty question etc

Old 05-12-2020, 06:24 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
what do you think of Trump's response to journalist Jiang ?
you go first

Old 05-12-2020, 06:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I'm not convinced he was purposely racist -- but some would argue that doesn't mean he wasn't.

More importantly, I just wan adult in the White House. I get it - he was frustrated because she challenged his misinformation on USA being the best at testing, It isn't -- per capita it isn't BUT...it is getting better 12 weeks in and it is better .......so there's a million and one ways an adult would respond to that question.

If Trump continues to make false statements, media will continue to challenge him. That's what they do.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:30 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm not convinced he was purposely racist -- but some would argue that doesn't mean he wasn't.

More importantly, I just wan adult in the White House. I get it - he was frustrated because she challenged his misinformation on USA being the best at testing, It isn't -- per capita it isn't BUT...it is getting better 12 weeks in and it is better .......so there's a million and one ways an adult would respond to that question.

If Trump continues to make false statements, media will continue to challenge him. That's what they do.

Yes - that is the job of a journalist - especially when Trump makes such obviously false statements.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you go first
I think he did right.. just my personal view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies