Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 10:44 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Along with those, you forgot that Trump called counties with black leaders "s-hole countries."

Also, don't forget that a group of black tenants in one of Trump's apartment buildings successfully sued him for racist housing practices in the past.

He also referred to "inner-city neighborhoods" (AKA predominately black areas of big cities) as "crime-infested hell holes that no decent human being would want to live."

I've been asking Trump supporters here on City-Data how they feel about all these statements from Trump for months, but none of them ever answer. Much like Donald himself, City-Data Trump supporters don't like having to answer tough questions and they usually just ignore or deflect.
And the same people that are going to pass on defending this are the same ones asking for evidence of when Trump has ever been racist.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:

I've been asking Trump supporters here on City-Data how they feel about all these statements from Trump for months, but none of them ever answer. Much like Donald himself, City-Data Trump supporters don't like having to answer tough questions and they usually just ignore or deflect.
I dont think anyone is racist. It's just the "i know it all" and narcicissm. Many of them here dont even know how to be polite and courteous. And just by the content and tone, you can easily figure out they all vote republican.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:47 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How many more of these instances are you guys going to swallow before you admit that Trump is a racist?

A Hispanic judge can't be impartial b/c they are Hispanic...

2 Black, 1 Hispanic, and 1 Middle Eastern legislators can't criticize his administration b/c they come from corrupt, crime-infested countries and should go home...

Jewish voters shouldn't support Democrats b/c that's being disloyal to Israel...

A Chinese reporter can't ask a valid question b/c she needs to check in with China first...

It's so clear that Trump views people's heritage as the defining characteristic of someone's motivations, like it's an inherited trait based on where you're born. If you're not from America or Europe, your opinions don't count b/c you owe your allegiance to some other country. Any objective person would clearly classify that as a racist view on ethnicity and heritage, yet his supporters keep playing dumb.
It depends how strongly people cling to that “heritage” and the cultural values which come with it rather than identifying as Americans who are first loyal to this country and have adopted its’ values, standards and culture as their own. You cited a Chinese reporter. To me that’s a reporter from China who is filtering their thoughts by Chinese standards and who may seem to advocate for Chinese interests over those of our country. Or who plays the race card when convenient.

I don’t believe a first generation immigrant should be in any office, elected or otherwise, by which they influence the running of this country or any community within. My wife is an immigrant so don’t start with the ‘you just hate immigrants’ chants.

The whole hyphenated American thing is an insult to our country. The first obligation of Immigrants to any country is total and complete assimilation to that country’s culture and interests.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:47 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
So the argument is that he's not racist, he just likes to act racist?

Would you agree that framing someone's motivations as dependent on their ethnicity is a racist viewpoint?
No. I'm not saying he is or isn't racist.

I'm saying that he's using insults (racist ones are as good as any other) to hide his frustration/inability to have a conversation. To hide he has no effin clue what he's talking about.
Remember when kids in middle school did this?
And the more vile the insult (those tend to be the racist/misogynist ones), the faster the bullies would shut people down.

I'm sure MANY (if not all) presidents have been racist in one way or another. I'm discussing more about why this is manifesting so publicly.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
One thing's for sure, he's been treated fairly by the msm.

Said no rational human being, ever.
I'm sorry, is the msm changing the words that are coming out of his mouth LIVE on tv?

That's a neat bit of cgi trickery.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:55 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Wow. Trump haters must be feeling desperate right now if we have to go back to “muh racist!”

Dems are more interested in sucking up to China over anything else

By the way the Dem nominee said Obama was very articulate for a black man

Old 05-12-2020, 11:02 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Truth bothers you until it works for you
It's gonna be fun watching you and your fellow righties go after a "democrat" president when he "evades" questions from this same press corp.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Wow. Trump haters must be feeling desperate right now if we have to go back to “muh racist!”

Dems are more interested in sucking up to China over anything else

By the way the Dem nominee said Obama was very articulate for a black man
They are back in their comfort zone with the false accusations and race baiting !!!

Old 05-12-2020, 02:39 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
How many more of these instances are you guys going to swallow before you admit that Trump is a racist?

A Hispanic judge can't be impartial b/c they are Hispanic...

2 Black, 1 Hispanic, and 1 Middle Eastern legislators can't criticize his administration b/c they come from corrupt, crime-infested countries and should go home...

Jewish voters shouldn't support Democrats b/c that's being disloyal to Israel...

A Chinese reporter can't ask a valid question b/c she needs to check in with China first...

It's so clear that Trump views people's heritage as the defining characteristic of someone's motivations, like it's an inherited trait based on where you're born. If you're not from America or Europe, your opinions don't count b/c you owe your allegiance to some other country. Any objective person would clearly classify that as a racist view on ethnicity and heritage, yet his supporters keep playing dumb.
Yawn. Hope you're ready for his second term.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:43 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Along with those, you forgot that Trump called counties with black leaders "s-hole countries."

Also, don't forget that a group of black tenants in one of Trump's apartment buildings successfully sued him for racist housing practices in the past.

He also referred to "inner-city neighborhoods" (AKA predominately black areas of big cities) as "crime-infested hell holes that no decent human being would want to live."

All that is true on its face. You have an agenda and choose to interpret it to fit your view. We know your game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies