Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 09:26 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta loca View Post
If you were so busy with your political agenda you would have noticed that I posted earlier that I don’t think Greta is qualified to speak about anything. She simply has no credentials However that specific poster picked on her looks and disability only. Yes I have a problem with that. You are all grown ups and should know better.
Noting that she is made up to look younger is not an attack on her looks but rather how she is presented to look younger.

Secondly if you slowly re-read their post they were not picking on her disability but wondering about the ethics behind taking a young girl with disabilities and making a global spokesperson out of her and potentially exploiting her.

Now we may not agree with these assertions by that poster but you clearly missed what they wrote and imagined something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
You are the one being abusive picking on a teenager for political purposes.

Why are you picking on the looks of a teenager? Maybe she likes that look. Not everybody likes to wear makeup or dress like a FoxNews host. The tweeter in chief is far more unstable and you seem to admire him. He also has mental challenges or aren’t you aware he’s a narcissist who is unable to control himself? Have you read his tweets where he accuses people of murder?
What did I say that was disparaging to HER? I called out her backers and handlers for making her look like a little kid for MARKETING PURPOSES. But, you know that and are purposely trying to make me look like a bully. So in effect YOU are the one doing the bullying out of pure dishonesty. They are exploiting her which is abusive, especially to someone who may be able to not make good decision for herself. Yet, YOU think it is fine that she is exploited in this manner to advance your nutty agenda.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
However that specific poster picked on her looks and disability only.
They referenced those in the context of claiming that she is possibly being exploited and intentionally portrayed as much younger than she really is.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:31 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1260276108550864896?s=20

Umm.

CNN: Ban doctors from speaking out on COVID-19 on YouTube and Facebook, but Greta Thunberg, that teen climate change activities who has zero medical or epidemiologist experience, sure, bring her on!!
CNN must be complete devoid of any self-awareness. They must be completely devoid of taking the temp or being able to read a room properly. Why the hell would anyone really care what a 17 yr old kid, an annoying kid at that, would have to say about the virus. I mean ask your local neighbor kid, from 6 feet away with a mask what they think, it's about the equivalent.

Why those nitwits would make a townhall type show out it is a joke. It probably explains why their ratings suck.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:33 AM

CNN is getting hillariously torched on social media over this.

It's not just right wingers....it's pretty much everybody.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:36 AM

Also of note, while I generally like Sebelius she was the HHS director for a very short period of time before getting canned because of the horrible roll-out of the enrollment for Obamacare.

Even she is a pretty sketchy selection for a panel on this topic.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I had a helluva laugh reading the comments today.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:39 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...92787071864839

My favorite so far.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:47 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:

It's a clown show over there, I mean literally a clown show. Let's see how many of them we can stuff into a phone box.

It's about the equivalent of this. I mean jeez, who is making these types of calls thinking that heir viewers would be entertained by that annoying lecturing twit. I watched her at a conference where she was off script and she looked like a deer in the headlights. So bad that I about felt sorry for her. Being trotted around like some kind of pawn.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:50 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's a clown show over there, I mean literally a clown show. Let's see how many of them we can stuff into a phone box.

It's about the equivalent of this. I mean jeez, who is making these types of calls thinking that heir viewers would be entertained by that annoying lecturing twit. I watched her at a conference where she was off script and she looked like a deer in the headlights. So bad that I about felt sorry for her. Being trotted around like some kind of pawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bwLt_5t73g

Yikes, just looked this up. Not good. I feel bad for the little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies