Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 02:09 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,367,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
No. All candidates period. The point of making their tax returns public is to help screen out the dirtbags. You let one guy get a pass on that and look what happened.
Uh, nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 02:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
In order to get more unbiased answers, I've excluded POTUS 45 from this question so Trump supporters can be more objective.

Starting with Biden in 2021, or Trump's predecessor in 2025, do you believe that a presidential candidate must, by law, be required to disclose all personal and any business financials to the public? Do the American people deserve to know?

As I type this, Donald Trump's attorney is before the United States Supreme Court right now, trying to argue why president Trump's finances should be kept hidden from the American people.

Every president for the last 40 years has voluntarily released their tax returns. It's become such the norm that most candidates, regardless of political party, release their tax returns openly and freely, with transparency being the primary motivator.

Trump has defied so many norms with his presidency, I feel like he's exposed a lot of loopholes that voters from both political parties need to be addressed by Congress, with tax returns being one of them. I also personally believe that anyone running for president must have some government experience, whether it's at the municipal/state/federal government level, or having served in the military. But that's a whole separate conversation.

Not including Donald Trump, do you think Congress should change the laws to require every future candidate in the general election to disclose their tax returns? I say yes.
I am all for forcing people to disclose things that IRS has already approved.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:24 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Nope, do not really care about their finances.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:22 PM

10,744 posts, read 4,340,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Charm, ha. The grifter is a total fraud and *******. I'm glad you find something because he is total failure as president in this crisis and as businessman he was questionable at success at best.
Trump is so beloved his son (Donald John Trump Junior) will win the Republican primary in 2024 simply because he shares the same name....

Old 05-13-2020, 04:59 PM

256 posts, read 87,078 times
This isn't a new and novel idea. Presidents have been releasing their tax returns since Reagan. But now, since Trump, it should be law.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
This isn't a new and novel idea. Presidents have been releasing their tax returns since Reagan. But now, since Trump, it should be law.
By consent.
During a Presidency, yes he works for us. As a private person, no ****ing way. 4th Amendment violation.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:49 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,569,264 times
No. I don't think the public needs to see the Presidents tax returns.

For what purpose?

Old 05-13-2020, 10:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump is so beloved his son (Donald John Trump Junior) will win the Republican primary in 2024 simply because he shares the same name....
Please nobody will want a Trump by that point. Lemme guess, you weren't fine with Jeb or Hillary based on names... You are a hypocrite, just like the others that don't want political dynasties...

I notice that your post didn't reply to any of my comments so I have to guess that you admit it is all true.

Old 05-14-2020, 03:03 AM

44,623 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That guy is burning through trillions of dollars of taxpayer money, while spending all his time complaining about how unfairly he is treated.

So, yea, would be nice to know something about his past.
Agree, Trump is afraid revealing will actually show what a loser he is.

Old 05-14-2020, 05:59 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
2016 proved the following:

- tax returns are not needed by the 'murican public.
This is true. The IRS should do their job and handle any violations.

Quote:
- a person's net worth is not needed and is not anyone else's business.
This has always been true.

Quote:
- a person's current or previous sexual liaisons, even if outside the marriage, doesn't matter.
This has always been true. Read about John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Bill Clinton.

However, it is not true if your name is Joe Biden.

Quote:
- a candidate accused of sexual assault is being attacked by the opposition and therefore those allegations may be disregarded.
This is not true if your name is Kavanaugh.

Quote:
- an accuser alleging sexual assault by a candidate should be given no credence.
Only if your name is Joe Biden or Bill Clinton.

Quote:
- uncouth, misogynistic sexual verbiage, even if captured on tape, is fine.
- lying repeatedly is fine.
True. Men behaving like men in a locker room is normal. If you haven't experienced it, you don't live in the real world.

Quote:
- making up or passing along conspiracy theories to the public is A-ok
True. Obama is still doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies