Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 06:16 PM

30,649 posts, read 18,249,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Is there any recourse for Trump after this if he loses?

We all know that Trump's end-game here is to drag this out until after the election. But if he loses the SCOTUS fight, is that it? Is there any other act of desperation or appeal he can try to delay releasing his tax returns even longer?

Or will he be forced to hand over his tax returns to federal investigators in SDNY?
Most likely, the Supreme Court case won't resolve the issue before the election. Even if the Supreme Court rules against Trump, it'll likely send the case(s) back down to a lower federal court to conduct additional fact finding, such as whether certain things could only be found via subpoenaing the records. Note, the arguments against Congress seems strong, and legal analysts today have said the Court may be willing to reject Congress' fishing expedition. Such a ruling by the lower court will be subject to appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 06:20 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Most likely, the Supreme Court case won't resolve the issue before the election. Even if they rule against Trump, they'll likely send the case(s) back down to a lower federal court to conduct additional fact finding, such as whether certain things could only be found via subpoenaing the records. And then such a ruling by the lower court will be subject to appeal. And the Democrats fail to get their big "win" before the election
Have you ever questioned why Trump is fighting so incredibly hard? Didn't he say he would have the most transparent presidency in history? Yet he won't even release his tax returns?

Or are you more concerned with "owning the libs" than you are why Trump has taken his fight to the Supreme Court to hide his taxes, after two lower courts ruled against him?

Old 05-12-2020, 06:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Is there any recourse for Trump after this if he loses?

We all know that Trump's end-game here is to drag this out until after the election. But if he loses the SCOTUS fight, is that it? Is there any other act of desperation or appeal he can try to delay releasing his tax returns even longer?

Or will he be forced to hand over his tax returns to federal investigators in SDNY?
If he loses this he is finished.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:34 PM

30,649 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Have you ever questioned why Trump is fighting so incredibly hard? Didn't he say he would have the most transparent presidency in history? Yet he won't even release his tax returns?

Or are you more concerned with "owning the libs" than you are why Trump has taken his fight to the Supreme Court to hide his taxes, after two lower courts ruled against him?
To fight against harassment isn't troublesome to me. And I think its laughable to argue that these efforts aren't partisan.

Moreover, pushing to have the most transparent presidency doesn't mean opening your personal life and taxes--which are poured over regularly by the IRS in audits--to public scrutiny The president's private life and finances have nothing to do with the presidency, especially for things that leftists allege would have happened well before he took office. Thus, your attempt to "get" Trump as a hypocrite in that sense does not compute.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Well I must say I was concerned that the dems were going to change tactics but am relieved to see they are a one trick pony

Old 05-12-2020, 06:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Forget this is about Trump ----- it is concerning that the President would have immunity to any charges right?

Look, I don't know about criminal law and everything Trump is accused of and whether or not it really can be proven in a court of law...so I'm not specifically thinking about Trump.

In general, the fact that a President might be immune to ANY charges is concerning to me.........

AGAIN for me this isn't specific to Trump and wanting him to be guilty of anything.. I don't know if he is, if he can be proven guilty of anything........I have no clue.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:

I did listen to some this today, and get the sense that NY State Ag has a strong case to obtain Tax Returns .. However, Congressional requests appear to be too broad.. IF Congress alter's somewhat their requests, it's possible???? to obtain limited information!

Either way, DJT is panicking .. as he knows he'll likely lose come November and DOJ under different BARR leadership could very well look into his Criminal fraudulent behaviours by him/Family/Trump's Business!! This explains he unhinged behaviours since he's taken office... as he know's right now he won't survive the upcoming election.... He's humiliated the GOP who parroted his BS and sanctified him during his tenure.. SO, GOP won't be able to HELP him at all ( mostly have been "Defanged)!!

After he leaves OFFice DJT will have a plethora of Legal cases pending.. Flynn will not be helpful.. nor will anyone else he pardoned.. Michael Cohen could very well be his "Nemesis".. He has theGoods on him on so many levels!!M. Cohen should be watching his back right now

NY State will be awaiting for him!! His whole Fam-Damily will also be drawn into their web of deceit!

Right now, Stephen Miller has convinced him has powers (ala Putin) and he can do whatever he wants.. blah blah blah.. I'd bet the farm that DJT will implicate Miller to save his own A$$ too!!

SCOTUS won't back him 100% like he believed!!

Old 05-12-2020, 06:50 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
liberals, Trump has been investigated since he started running in 2015, why hasn't all the evil deeds he has supposedly done been confirmed yet?

Old 05-12-2020, 06:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
liberals, Trump has been investigated since he started running in 2015, why hasn't all the evil deeds he has supposedly done been confirmed yet?
Totally agree --- if nothing is there leave it....but this going to the Supreme Court to find out if ALL Presidents -- not just Trump -- are immune from criminal charges -- that's the key

I don't know if Trump is guilty of anything..........and that's not the issue.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:53 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
I keep forgetting that all this very detailed information will show up in returns....

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/stat...97646481981441
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies