Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2020, 10:47 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,679,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
If you're going to take the thinning the herd approach to dealing with a pandemic because you hate the government more than you love grandma and grandpa you need to do it right. Timing is everything. If you drag it out too long your economy implodes and here comes a depression. If you do it too quickly you overwhelm hospitals.

So far the U.S. has been thinning the herd too slowly and its economy is on the rocks while hospitals are laying off staff. It needs to speed up the tempo by encouraging large public gatherings of like-minded people, none of whom are wearing masks and all of whom are engaging in close physical contact. After three days, encourage them to circulate among their friends and family members at events like weddings and other large family gatherings. To make the most of the situation they should make sure everyone's life insurance policies are paid up.

Three or four months later tops the herd should be thinned out and America too can declare mission accomplished.
You’ve posted this kind of thing several times. It speaks volumes.

Last edited by MissTerri; 05-14-2020 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 11:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,823,970 times
Wearing a mask is political because some see it as a forced action. Me I think it is common sense but I have two parents I worry about and need to. I use masks and likely would if I wasn't worried about my parents. Why, I can't tell if I have it and I occasionally cough. I don't want people thinking I have it and I'm reckless while I'm out. Unfortunately allergies are still a thing and I do get them.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:30 PM

2,264 posts, read 966,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You’ve posted this kind of thing several times. It speaks volumes.
There's no easy way to thin the herd. There are a lot of ways that are a lot harder than they have to be though, which is pretty much what's happening now.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:50 AM

12,920 posts, read 13,613,626 times
It brings to mind "the meek shall inherit the earth."

Old 05-15-2020, 06:04 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,839,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Why not? YOU are the one that's sick, Somebody. They "someone" you got within a few feet of probably was wishing YOU had a mask on.

This is really taking a long time to sink in. The mask is for The Other Guy. It's polite. It may even be helpful.

Or we can go the other way:

To not wear it is rude. It may even be harmful.
Wearing a mask is such a simple thing. No one is asking us to carry a load of rocks on our backs. If the commander in chief and president, led by example, there may be no problem. But he flaunts himself like a peacock and practically laughs at the rest of us.

This virus is so scary, because we only see the results, we can't see the danger that lurks out there.

Stay safe, lets at least do what we can to survive this critical time.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:37 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,639,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Wearing a mask is such a simple thing. No one is asking us to carry a load of rocks on our backs. If the commander in chief and president, led by example, there may be no problem. But he flaunts himself like a peacock and practically laughs at the rest of us.

This virus is so scary, because we only see the results, we can't see the danger that lurks out there.

Stay safe, lets at least do what we can to survive this critical time.
lol no it's not.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,679,850 times
https://www.ems1.com/ems-products/pe...uWuS6YYZs9xJg/

Quote:
CLOTH MASKS PROTECT FROM ONLY 3% OF PARTICLES

Additionally, researchers found 97% of particles penetrated cloth masks, 44% of particles penetrated medical masks, and <0.01-0.1% of particles penetrated N95 masks.

A 2016 study in the “Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology” found similar results, suggesting that cloth masks are “marginally beneficial in protecting individuals from particles <2.5um.”

Old 05-15-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
lol no it's not.
What do you mean? How is it not scary?

Old 05-15-2020, 12:14 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,639,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What do you mean? How is it not scary?
Because you're scared of a virus that mainly impacts the elderly and people who shouldn't be out in the first place. For the most part, 99% of people who have it recover.

Boost your immune system (eat healthy, get your vitamin C and D in), use proper hygiene, and don't live your life in fear and you're fine.

Did you know that being fearful actually produces chemicals in your body that LOWERS your immune system?

This virus will pass, just like all of the other ones.

You should be more worried about the officials response to the virus, moreso than the virus itself.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Because you're scared of a virus that mainly impacts the elderly and people who shouldn't be out in the first place. For the most part, 99% of people who have it recover.

Boost your immune system (eat healthy, get your vitamin C and D in), use proper hygiene, and don't live your life in fear and you're fine.

Did you know that being fearful actually produces chemicals in your body that LOWERS your immune system?

This virus will pass, just like all of the other ones.

You should be more worried about the officials response to the virus, moreso than the virus itself.
It isn't just the elderly and comorodities...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...oung-patients/
https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...d-young-people
https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...s-risk-factors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies