Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2020, 06:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Its not the mark of the beast, its the mask of the beast. You can't conduct any financial transactions or have any social contact contact without a mask. Congratulations, we're being stripped of our individuality and identities.
Human rights and freedom are essential.

IMO it's the promotion "of the dark side" of hatred, indifference, love, etc,.....
Next, humans turned into a machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 06:23 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have found the cloth mask with the filter insert are so much better than the others. Find a solution- for the sake of others. You or the asthmatic wont die- only need it for certain times, not 24-7.

Women have to stop using make up- no longer show their pretty faces, got no more smiles... and thinking the next thing is having to wear a burka--- leaving it up to the republicans, they may take advantage of this.

Nobody likes it, but I have to say we are getting creative, with colors and patterns, the new norm... get with the program its NOT that bad-- remember when they enforced seat belts? oh- the horror! The old folks were screaming.

there is always protest to change... oh well
Here in the South people like to socialize and chit chat in the grocery store. Wearing a mask works works in my favor, by the time someone figures out who I am, I'm already at the checkout ready to get the hell outta there.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:24 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,403,354 times
I was down at a well-known cancer center yesterday. Every single person, staff and patients a like were wearing masks. Guess they were all democrats ...

Old 05-16-2020, 06:34 AM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
wearing masks is a joke.....

https://twitter.com/Acadiansheperd/s...66494702862337

Old 05-16-2020, 11:57 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Wearing a bright red clown nose is just as effective as wearing a nasty cloth mask over and over again. All the panicked liberals should wear clown noses. That way normal folks can avoid them.
I think I might have to agree with you about wearing a cloth mask, but it has nothing to do with "panicked liberals." There are just as many panicked Republican's in hospitals all over the country fighting for their lives as well. How many of those kids that are dying across the country have panicked Republican parents?

Here's the thing. We all need N95 masks. They are the most effective in preventing the spread of Covid. Why don't we all have N95 masks? Because we have a lame, inept president that spreads disinformation to save his own sinking poll numbers. Nice try trying to paint the enemy as liberals. This virus knows no political affiliation. Your troll rhetoric just makes you look weak. We all know Trump botched this response. We all know he's hiding in the west wing sucking up a Covid test every day. We all know people are wearing masks and the contact tracing is extensive. If it's good enough for Trump, shouldn't it be good enough for all of us? Why are we wearing rags on our faces when we should all have N95's?

Old 05-16-2020, 11:57 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
If someone has such severe issues, they need professional help and probably meds.
Not necessarily. My anxiety issues are based off of things that I have had to deal with over the past 35 weeks around the death of my husband, taking care of his estate, our kids and people trying to make money off his name. I am also on meds for my anxiety. A mask makes things worse. Try again.

Old 05-16-2020, 01:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Or asthma, or any number of medical conditions. mollygee doesn't get it though. In her mind, people who don't wear masks are the enemy and want everyone else to die.

Their answer to that is always stay home if it bothers you that much. I had one person tell me well maybe you shouldn't be working there if it bothers you. I shouldn't be living here either. I should be living in a house. Ready to pony up a few hundred thousand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Not necessarily. My anxiety issues are based off of things that I have had to deal with over the past 35 weeks around the death of my husband, taking care of his estate, our kids and people trying to make money off his name. I am also on meds for my anxiety. A mask makes things worse. Try again.
I see a therapist already. It doesn't change anything. The best thing for my health is likely a different job (and to move out of state obv when this is all over). I put up with the masks for now because like I say they're the lesser of two evils but it doesn't change the fact it still sucks and I take it off as much as possible.
Meds for me is like vervain to a vampire so I'm better off wearing a mask than taking meds.

I do wonder what a mask could do to my long term health though.

Last edited by Nickchick; 05-16-2020 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-16-2020, 01:04 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
No. It's not simple for someone who struggles with anxiety.

I have severe anxiety and PTSD stemming from a stage IV cancer diagnosis at the ripe old age of 23. I had to wear a mask for 6 months. The first time I put on a mask, I dry heaved. Guess what? I put the mask on. That cancer also caused some lung damage and weather/exercise-induced asthma, so it's harder to breathe which exacerbates my anxiety.

Sorry, not an argument that's going to work for me - take your meds and put the damn mask on or stay at home. If your job cannot be done from home, expect to have to wear a mask, so desensitize yourslef to it.

Your anxiety won't do well if you find out you spread covid-19 to someone because you couldn't put a mask on when interacting with others.

Old 05-16-2020, 02:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have severe anxiety and PTSD stemming from a stage IV cancer diagnosis at the ripe old age of 23. I had to wear a mask for 6 months. The first time I put on a mask, I dry heaved. Guess what? I put the mask on. That cancer also caused some lung damage and weather/exercise-induced asthma, so it's harder to breathe which exacerbates my anxiety.

Sorry, not an argument that's going to work for me - take your meds and put the damn mask on or stay at home. If your job cannot be done from home, expect to have to wear a mask, so desensitize yourslef to it.

Your anxiety won't do well if you find out you spread covid-19 to someone because you couldn't put a mask on when interacting with others.

Are masks mandatory where you live? If not, you may to have to accept that you can’t control everyone and deal with the reality that not everyone will wear them, whether you think their reasons are valid or not.

Old 05-16-2020, 02:27 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are masks mandatory where you live? If not, you may to have to accept that you can’t control everyone and deal with the reality that not everyone will wear them, whether you think their reasons are valid or not.

They are, thank G-d. I have decent leadership in my state.

I'm part of the planning team at work. We expect to require masks at least a year for those who have to come into the office. This is directed by our medical, epidemiology and science research professionals, not politicians who want to make the emotionally weakest among us feel good about refusing to wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies