Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 04:07 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times

Advertisements

Really? Now we need a GOP senator sparring with Fauci, claiming he's not the "end all be all?" What is wrong with these GOP senators? And it's such a shame that Rand Paul is a physician.

Not many good things that come out of Kentucky other than Bourbon and horses. You got Rand Paul and then the worst, Mitch the idiot, McConnell.

Stop antagonist talk and come together as a government. Probably something the US government/politics will never do in my lifetime. Half of these idiot politicians shouldn't be making decisions.

"When the senator suggested Fauci was not the “end-all” who makes the decision, Fauci replied: “I have never made myself out to be the end-all, or the only voice in this.

“I’m a scientist, a physician and a public health official. I give advice according to the best scientific evidence. ... I don’t give advice about economic things. I don’t give advice about anything other than public health.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22O2O0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 04:11 PM

989 posts, read 456,203 times
Yeah, Rand Paul sounded like a petulant, petty, little ar$e. As usual, Fauci gave the perfect response. These idiots are so ridiculous they don't even realize that Fauci is just doing his job. They don't like his facts because they might make the cult leader look bad.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:15 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Really? Now we need a GOP senator sparring with Fauci, claiming he's not the "end all be all?" What is wrong with these GOP senators? And it's such a shame that Rand Paul is a physician.

Not many good things that come out of Kentucky other than Bourbon and horses. You got Rand Paul and then the worst, Mitch the idiot, McConnell.

Stop antagonist talk and come together as a government. Probably something the US government/politics will never do in my lifetime. Half of these idiot politicians shouldn't be making decisions.

"When the senator suggested Fauci was not the “end-all” who makes the decision, Fauci replied: “I have never made myself out to be the end-all, or the only voice in this.

“I’m a scientist, a physician and a public health official. I give advice according to the best scientific evidence. ... I don’t give advice about economic things. I don’t give advice about anything other than public health.”

It always amazes me that these right wingers cannot understand the concept of exponential growth even as a mathematical construct much less an epidemiological one.

Fauci knows that even a small slip in discipline regarding mitigation could blow this thing up in certain areas as it has in the meat plants. He also knows that if he tells these right wing congressmen what they want to hear and it blows up then they will all be on his but(t) for that.

Thus he errs on the side of caution.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Yeah, Rand Paul sounded like a petulant, petty, little ar$e. As usual, Fauci gave the perfect response. These idiots are so ridiculous they don't even realize that Fauci is just doing his job. They don't like his facts because they might make the cult leader look bad.
He looked like one too. But, to be fair, it IS hard to get a haircut these days.

Rand think's HE's the end all-be all because he's an eye doctor, doncha know.

Fauci knows he's not running the show - all HE can do is give advice and it's up to the administration whether or not to follow it.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:16 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Well - everyone else makes Fauci out to be the "end-all".

If you don't listen to him - or even just question him, you're an idiot and know nothing. See the OP...

Old 05-12-2020, 04:17 PM

989 posts, read 456,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He looked like one too. But, to be fair, it IS hard to get a haircut these days.

Rand think's HE's the end all-be all because he's an eye doctor, doncha know.

Fauci knows he's not running the show - all HE can do is give advice and it's up to the administration whether or not to follow it.
I'm quite sure Rand Paul will get whatever haircut he needs, when he needs it. Remember, it was so long ago that the COVID-positive "good" doctor decided the rules weren't meant for him and used the Senate gym.

No Rand Paul cultivated the "look" he had going today.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
I'm quite sure Rand Paul will get whatever haircut he needs, when he needs it. Remember, it was so long ago that the COVID-positive "good" doctor decided the rules weren't meant for him and used the Senate gym.

No Rand Paul cultivated the "look" he had going today.
Sad!

But you are probably right. I completely forgot his total disregard of his fellow Senators.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:30 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post

Chicken Little Fauci has been wrong more than he's been right. THe Republicans asked great questions and Dumboccrats typically stupid questions.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:32 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Saint Fauci has been wrong more than he's been right, but that doesn't stop his cult I see.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:34 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Chicken Little Fauci has been wrong more than he's been right. THe Republicans asked great questions and Dumboccrats typically stupid questions.
Fauci has been CONSISTENTLY WRONG. Rand Paul is an M.D. and Eye surgeon, he freaking knows what he's talking about. Fauci is a career, long term, Democrat BUREAUCRAT. Rand Paul goes around the world performing eye surgery for free in his free time, while Fauci sits in an office an then hobnobs with Hillary, Gates, Soros and the other Globalist elites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies