Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 02:53 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
Lockdowns can stop but individual consumers do NOT have to risk their health or lives to go to a restaurant or movie theater. Stopping a lockdown may not save many of these businesses anyway. Charles Darwin said survival depends on being able to adapt and change with one's environment. These businesses need to do just that - adapt and change, or die out.

In particular I am sick of restaurants telling, shaming and guilting the public to "save them" by coming to their restaurant. My life is worth soooooo much more than your restaurant business. I can cook at home!

I haven't noticed any restaurants trying to guilt or shame people into coming to their businesses.

They may ask for your patronage, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Remember, these places employ cooks, wait staff etc that depend on their jobs to buy food for their families so THEY can go home and cook for themselves.

The restaurant business is hard enough without a freaking global pandemic ....

My favorite places can count on my business when the time comes in addition to the takeout I get now to try to help them stay afloat.

Because they've always provided a valuable service to me.....and I just feel like it's just the right thing to do to return the favor.

But that's just me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 03:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In Maryland near DC.

But most of the country needs to open up in June or it's going to reach the tipping point.
Most of the country is opening up ---- in some form.

I suspect it is tougher on communities/states i the north east.

Hope nicer weather and easing spread help to give you guys some space.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:02 PM

11,770 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And let me guess....you are a subject matter expert? Again, my beef is not with shuttering parts of the economy or not....its that people on the right do not even want to participate in social distancing and wearing masks. It's a POLITICAL statement of defiance. It's an anti-liberal motivation and movement that has NOTHING to do with the virus....led by fearless leader Trump. Trump has a cult following of worshipers who will follow him off a cliff. His stupidity transfers to these hypnotized masses. There should be NO country in the world who contains the virus better than the US. We are the leading power in the world!!!

Not wearing a mask or social distancing is the new MAGA hat.
You may only hear and see stories about people on the "right" but I'm telling you that those on the left are not wearing masks either. My neighbors across the street are die hard Democrats and they host friend and family gatherings each weekend. They have never worn a mask. My next door neighbors are Democrat, older and with health conditions - they will not wear a mask so their daughter does their shopping for them.

A lot of people don't like to wear masks. Doesn't make all of the Republicans - if you think otherwise - you're fooling yourself.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:05 PM

11,770 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I haven't noticed any restaurants trying to guilt or shame people into coming to their businesses.

They may ask for your patronage, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Remember, these places employ cooks, wait staff etc that depend on their jobs to buy food for their families so THEY can go home and cook for themselves.

The restaurant business is hard enough without a freaking global pandemic ....

My favorite places can count on my business when the time comes in addition to the takeout I get now to try to help them stay afloat.

Because they've always provided a valuable service to me.....and I just feel like it's just the right thing to do to return the favor.

But that's just me....
I haven't seen shaming or trying to make people feel guilty either. These restaurants are allowed to be open for curbside pickup. If advertising that people can still order from their favorite pizzeria or TGIF is shaming someone - people have to get a life. They are not made to order from any restaurant.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Rush is absolutely correct. The communist democrats and the never Trump RInos will do everything in their power to save the swamp. And if the American people are collateral damage so be it!

It will be a war between good people like me versus evil power hungry liberal progressives. With the help of God hopefully good will triumph over evil!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ump_loses.html

How cute that you quote that 'great ' RW BS artist who also told us that Covid-19 was nothing but the common cold weaponized by Democrats. There's a Scarlet Macaw in my neighborhood that speaks both more intelligently and more truthfully than blowhard Limbaugh.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:30 PM

35,008 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenchi View Post
People need to cast off these governments, go back to work, ignore the cities and states, and do as they always have. These governments have no legal standing, there is already lawful precedence to which shows they have no legal authority in this case. People need to stop acting like dumb animals and exercise their rights. Those who want to cower in fear can stay home.
I agree and repped you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
A lot of people don't like to wear masks. Doesn't make all of the Republicans - if you think otherwise - you're fooling yourself.
I am a hard-left Democrat. In general my rule of thumb is "masks indoors", "no masks outdoors."

Old 05-13-2020, 03:34 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You may only hear and see stories about people on the "right" but I'm telling you that those on the left are not wearing masks either. My neighbors across the street are die hard Democrats and they host friend and family gatherings each weekend. They have never worn a mask. My next door neighbors are Democrat, older and with health conditions - they will not wear a mask so their daughter does their shopping for them.

Yes...that is true. There are people on the left who do this also....but the people I know who are that way generally don't follow any rules. It's not a political statement. It's these people who spread the virus in the AA community.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:45 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times
Quote:
This foolery is the MAIN reason and BLAME for America not controlling the virus. People thinking it's all a grand conspiracy, by the WORLD, led by American democrats, to remove Trump from office in the next election. Note the use of the term "War". In war....you ACCEPT CAUSALITIES as part of the cost. Thus, right there it tells you that people on the right are willing to see many people DIE....just to keep Trump as president.
Furthermore, 40% of Americans actually believe it.

If Trump doesn't stay President, they can't ban abortion and drive gays back into the closet. They need one more SCOTUS justice so they can demolish the First Amendment. All they care about is winning the culture war and establishing their theocracy.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:56 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Cite, please. Which "liberals" are advocating for "shutting down forever" or until the virus is gone?

Garcetti
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._RLD3TkdqpO-Rw

Old 05-13-2020, 04:58 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,818 times
Quote:
And let me guess....you are a subject matter expert? Again, my beef is not with shuttering parts of the economy or not....its that people on the right do not even want to participate in social distancing and wearing masks. It's a POLITICAL statement of defiance. It's an anti-liberal motivation and movement that has NOTHING to do with the virus....led by fearless leader Trump. Trump has a cult following of worshipers who will follow him off a cliff. His stupidity transfers to these hypnotized masses. There should be NO country in the world who contains the virus better than the US. We are the leading power in the world!!!

Not wearing a mask or social distancing is the new MAGA hat.
Everyone needs to start wearing Red MAGA2020 masks...the libs won't know what to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies