Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 08:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
How about we keep all illegal aliens IN THEIR HOUSES, and the government can bring THEM food and medicine?

And there's reason for that. I just looked at the zip codes of where the most virus cases are in my county, and the two highest - by a long shot - are poor areas where illegals have settled. No surprise, either - they live doubled-up in apartments in close quarters. Since the purpose is to contain this virus, would liberals be OK with putting them under house arrest.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Of course it would. The issue is they are assigning a position to Inslee that he has not taken.

It's click-bait fear mongering. Nothing more. This is like saying "if you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed to you". That doesn't mean you have to have a lawyer, right?
Basically, he said that if you can't get a friend to do your grocery shopping, the government would take care of it for you. How can you twist that around as something acceptable?? He's saying that if you don't isolate in your house, the government will provide food if a friend won't. The implication is clear: YOU WILL NOTE LEAVE YOUR HOUSE FOR FOOD IF YOU DON'T SUBMIT TO GOVERNMENT EDICT.

19,622 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Do we get to CHOOSE which foods the government will bring us, or do we just have to eat what they select? I hope there's a kosher option.
I suspect you would give your helper a list and they see you get what you need, same with medicine.

There are volunteers all over now who are doing free shopping and deliveries for the elderly and those who can't go out.

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Why read the article when you can just freak out about the headline while stroking your...rifle, amirite?

Old 05-14-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You only get to eat SOYLENT GREEN. Don't know if it is Kosher or not.
Veggies are kosher, so I'm all set!

Old 05-14-2020, 08:26 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel976 View Post
basically, he said that if you can't get a friend to do your grocery shopping, the government would take care of it for you. How can you twist that around as something acceptable?? He's saying that if you don't isolate in your house, the government will provide food if a friend won't. The implication is clear: You will note leave your house for food if you don't submit to government edict.
BUT you MISSED THE PART where SELF ISOLATION WILL NOT BE ENFORCED I KNOW READING IS HARD

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Basically, he said that if you can't get a friend to do your grocery shopping, the government would take care of it for you. How can you twist that around as something acceptable?? He's saying that if you don't isolate in your house, the government will provide food if a friend won't. The implication is clear: YOU WILL NOTE LEAVE YOUR HOUSE FOR FOOD IF YOU DON'T SUBMIT TO GOVERNMENT EDICT.
He is saying that the government will offer a free service to those who don't have friends and family to help. Absolutely nothing more.

Where does it say you can't leave your house? Quote it for me.

177 posts, read 94,298 times
Quote:
The Lynnwood Times certainly says that, yes. It is conspicuously absent from Gov Inslee's comments.

Quote it for me.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/ForPublicHeal...nandQuarantine

From the linked WAC:

(1) At his or her sole discretion, a local health officer may issue an emergency detention order causing a person or group of persons to be immediately detained for purposes of isolation or quarantine in accordance with subsection (3) of this section, or may petition the superior court ex parte for an order to take the person or group of persons into involuntary detention for purposes of isolation or quarantine in accordance with subsection (4) of this section, provided that he or she:
(a) Has first made reasonable efforts, which shall be documented, to obtain voluntary compliance with requests for medical examination, testing, treatment, counseling, vaccination, decontamination of persons or animals, isolation, quarantine, and inspection and closure of facilities, or has determined in his or her professional judgment that seeking voluntary compliance would create a risk of serious harm; and
(b) Has reason to believe that the person or group of persons is, or is suspected to be, infected with, exposed to, or contaminated with a communicable disease or chemical, biological, or radiological agent that could spread to or contaminate others if remedial action is not taken; and
(c) Has reason to believe that the person or group of persons would pose a serious and imminent risk to the health and safety of others if not detained for purposes of isolation or quarantine.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Chicken Little, click-bait fake news headline.

What he said:

“We will have attached to the families a family support person who will check in with them to see what they need on a daily basis… and help them. If they can’t get a friend to do their grocery shopping, we will help get them groceries in some fashion. If they need pharmaceuticals to be picked up, we will make sure they get their pharmaceuticals… That’s going to help encourage them to maintain their isolation too.

“As far as refusal, it just shouldn’t come to that, and it really hasn’t. We’ve had really good success when we ask people to isolate, and they’ve done so in really high percentages, so we’re happy about that, and we believe that will continue.”

What that says is that the government will have someone who could go and get groceries or prescriptions for them, if they don't have friends/family that can. It's a measure to "encourage them to maintain their isolation". No where does it say they will be prohibited from leaving their homes, that I saw.

Did I miss it?
This governor RECOMMENDS anyone experiencing the first symptoms and their household self quarantine until they receive a negative test results. Sounds like a reasonable RECOMMENDATION to me.

Those who test positive should isolate for 14 days. Groceries and Medi cans will be provided to those without other alternatives.

Yet, some here seem to pontificate their inference they may need to use a firearm to leave their home or that SWAT teams will force compliance.

Perhaps COVID 19 the least of their issues. Imagine it is exhausting to live one’s life with so much anxiety

Old 05-14-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I suspect you would give your helper a list and they see you get what you need, same with medicine.

There are volunteers all over now who are doing free shopping and deliveries for the elderly and those who can't go out.
What if I don't want a helper to do it? What if I want to leave my house and do my own shopping? I can't because the government has me under house arrest.

And you can't relate this to disabled, elderly people incapable of doing their own shopping. The government is saying that able-bodied young adults will not be allowed unless they submit to government edict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies