Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 04:06 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times

Advertisements

Trump ain't nimble
Trump ain't quick
Trumps a bad President cause
Trumps full of S#IT

Old 05-15-2020, 04:08 AM

654 posts, read 363,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Is this a joke? How old are you? Twelve years? You never heard of George Bush?

Bush was worse than Obama, and Obama was far worse than Trump. Trump's policy is vastly superior to Obama's, or Bush's.
I voted for Bush I and Bush II. Bush II"s second term was a disaster. But he wasn't obnoxious or willfully blind to knowledge.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:18 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
I hope these posts are somewhat cathartic; no doubt some of you are struggling with the acceptance phase.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:35 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Context is everything. With Trump, even moreso.

Testing is good for sick people.... to confirm what they have.

It's probably good for continually at risk people like health care people, so they know and can stop working and get treated.

For the rest of us, it's overrated. I don't need a test. If I got a test today, the very next person I see or place I go, I wouldn't behave any differently. I still have to take care and pretend I might have it, and pretend everyone else has it, to be safe. It wouldn't change anything.

The masses don't need testing, IMHO.
In the opinion of our public health experts ( which include epidemiologists, virologists, CDC & NIH scientists as well as their intelligence and economic professionals and other disciplines) and those around the globe, testing is integral to moving forward in the age of this pandemic. "IT" is part of a sensible and crucial 3 pronged approach.

Quote:
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented public health and economic crises. Viral tests for the presence of COVID-19 infection as well as serological tests for antibodies and potential immunity are critical to measure the spread of the disease. Governments, businesses, and families rely on data from these tests as they make decisions around the path forward.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing

https://www.fic.nih.gov/ResearchTopi...virus-cov.aspx

Old 05-15-2020, 04:55 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
So, if that's their number one issue and Trump has clearly not delivered on his number one promise to them, including that the wall would be built by now and Mexico would have paid for it, why are his ardent supporters not expressing their disappointment in him?

Is it really enough for them that he spouts the racist hatred?

What racist hatred does he spout?

And try actual quotes in context for a change.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:00 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times
[quote=mollygee;58115452]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

A president that thinks only of himself is a dishonorable person and should just leave the oval office asap, before he does anymore damage. JMO
That would mean he has honor, no? He doesn't. Just ego.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump is a failed leader. Just how many bankruptcies has he had? Just how many failed ventures has he been apart of? At least until he became president he didn't kill anyone by his bad decision making... I don't think his intent is to FSU, it is just his programming. Trump America is ending up like any other Trump venture, bankrupt and left holding the bags...

I think he's had like seven bankruptcies?

Didn't look it up.

But.....what folks who like to bring that up always seem to conveniently leave out......

He owns or has owned over 500 companies.

And considering that something like 40% of all business ventures go belly up in the first five years.....

7 out of 500+ is a pretty stellar record.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:02 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Only awful to those who lost... Curious why the people who voted against Trump are the biggest crybabies...
No kidding, if being a billionaire and beating Hillary Clinton without any political experience makes me "awful," where do I sign up?

I want to be awful too.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:06 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump is a failed leader. Just how many bankruptcies has he had? Just how many failed ventures has he been apart of?
Abraham Lincoln has bankruptcies, as well as other presidents.

Quote:
Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, left behind a legacy as one of the nation's greatest politicians. But his financial track record wasn't quite so stellar. In fact, the bearded one filed for bankruptcy on two separate occasions, thanks to failed business adventures that saddled him with debt, and loans from friends and family that took him seventeen years to pay off. But Lincoln wasn't the only president to meet financial failure. Presidents Ulysses S. Grant and William McKinley, also filed for bankruptcy.
https://www.investopedia.com/financi...kruptcies.aspx

Imagine that, ambitious and wealthy leaders have bankruptcies in their past.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
yes, he is intentionally awful, but also incompetent

and he would start WW3 with china just to save his own ass.

Wait, I thought he was starting WWIII with North Korea?

Jeeze, you guys need to make up your mind which country you want him to blow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies