Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 04:45 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And another America-hating leftist.
In reality, they hate themselves. White Privilege and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 04:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
In reality, they hate themselves. White Privilege and all.
Yup. Self-loathing whites. I once had a date with a leftist. He chose a movie showing “white man bad” and spent the rest of the evening talking about how horrible “we” are. I just can’t imagine going though life like that.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:08 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,394,266 times
Quote:
Yup. Self-loathing whites. I once had a date with a leftist. He chose a movie showing “white man bad” and spent the rest of the evening talking about how horrible “we” are. I just can’t imagine going though life like that.
Wow, why don’t you just trot out all your fantasies/stereotypes of the left? Earlier on this thread I posted about both loving your country AND caring about what your allies think. Also, if you care to take to take just a little peek at my posting history, you will see that I am absolutely no fan of the bankrupt discourse of “white privilege.” And, guess what? It is not just me, but a lot of other of other “liberal” posters have complex personal takes on the issues and do not just regurgitate whatever they have heard via the fake news of their choice.

I suppose it makes you feel really good to stereotype, reduce and demonize those who don’t think exactly like you, And it’s all about feeling great & better than everyone else isn’t it? Talk about low self-esteem.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Wow, why don’t you just trot out all your fantasies/stereotypes of the left? Earlier on this thread I posted about both loving your country AND caring about what your allies think. Also, if you care to take to take just a little peek at my posting history, you will see that I am absolutely no fan of the bankrupt discourse of “white privilege.” And, guess what? It is not just me, but a lot of other of other “liberal” posters have complex personal takes on the issues and do not just regurgitate whatever they have heard via the fake news of their choice.

I suppose it makes you feel really good to stereotype, reduce and demonize those who don’t think exactly like you, And it’s all about feeling great & better than everyone else isn’t it? Talk about low self-esteem.
Wait a sec? “Your” country?? You’re not even an American, and you’re making these anti-American comments? And then hitting me with how I have low self esteem and demonIze people? Have you HEARD what the liberals are calling Trump voters? Nazis and morons and Hitler followers and racists. If we deviate at all from the liberal narrative, they descend with a degree of hatred I’ve never seen before. The hypocrisy is unreal.

I’m DONE. It’s bad enough that there are so many Americans on this forum with nothing but disdain for my country. The last thing I need is to defend it to a foreigner who jumps on the bandwagon.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:39 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times
Did your French-friend have anything to say about Nancy Pelosi and Bill De Blasio? And if not, why not?

Old 05-16-2020, 06:09 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,394,266 times
Quote:
Wait a sec? “Your” country?? You’re not even an American, and you’re making these anti-American comments? And then hitting me with how I have low self esteem and demonIze people? Have you HEARD what the liberals are calling Trump voters? Nazis and morons and Hitler followers and racists. If we deviate at all from the liberal narrative, they descend with a degree of hatred I’ve never seen before. The hypocrisy is unreal.

I’m DONE. It’s bad enough that there are so many Americans on this forum with nothing but disdain for my country. The last thing I need is to defend it to a foreigner who jumps on the bandwagon.
What do you mean I am not an American? Just because I have a French friend doesn’t mean I’m a foreigner. LMFAO.

Do you want me to produce a birth certificate? LOL

Going back to what I was saying about stereotypes and demonizing the other ...

Old 05-16-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
What do you mean I am not an American? Just because I have a French friend doesn’t mean I’m a foreigner. LMFAO.

Do you want me to produce a birth certificate? LOL

Going back to what I was saying about stereotypes and demonizing the other ...
You just said in your post before this last one, when addressing me, “your” country! You didn’t say “our” country. You also said “your” allies as opposed to “our” allies. That is not the way an American would think! So naturally I assumed you are a foreigner.

Now if you’re telling me you ARE an American, but contemptuously say “YOUR” country when speaking to another American, well.....that is very telling. You have such disdain for your own country that you can’t even say “our.”

Reminds me when I was a kid and did something naughty: “Look what YOUR daughter did!”

Old 05-16-2020, 06:18 AM

35,558 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I literally cried when he won the Republican primary in 2016 and I have spent the past three years hoping and praying that we would have better options in 2020 - it certainly never dawned on me that in 2020 Trump would be the most coherent of any pair of candidates, and yet, here we are. However, I don’t give a crap what other countries think of my current president, just like I didn’t care what they thought of Obama, either Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Ford, Johnson, Kennedy, or Eisenhower.
Not thinking of what others think is a very good thing. However, what we do ripples through out the world. I just read some countries, very close to the USA (as in good relations)-just delayed their opening of the airport until June 30. They are afraid of the US tourist, bringing the virus back.
Many countries try to follow the USA in many aspects, we are leaders, and trend setters, like it or not. If American girls wear bell bottoms the other girls in those countries will do the same. If American presidents said we don't need this or that, people around the world trust his word over their own leaders, which are known to be corrupt. It does matter. If ever lived OS/or traveled any length of time, they might know or remember that.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:29 AM

4,596 posts, read 3,271,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

The Radicalized Democratic party in DC has spent the last three years concentrating on NOTHING but trying to stop the president from doing anything and doing all they can to remove him from office so they dont have to face him I. Another election. They want POWER. That is ALL they want.
I refer you to the last administration and the behavior of the Republican party at that time. In fact, they were quite blatant about it, as I recall. Mich McConnell said, and this is a direct quote: "We're going to make it our sole priority to make sure this guy is a one term president."

It's a fact of life these days that the "out" party spends most of its time thinking how to get to be the "in" party. Nothing wrong with that. To my mind, the problem arises when the general population gets so aroused that they can never come together to address the issues that arise during any administration. When it mattered, as in the past three months, Congress has come together to try and help the people who are suffering. Let's hope this can keep happening until all these troubles are over.

It's also a fact of life that articles in foreign newspapers discussing our president and his policies are everywhere these days. Europeans think more globally than Americans, mostly because of geography, and so they are much more aware of what's going on in our country than we are in theirs. The tenor of these articles about the president has changed in the past year from astonishment to amusement as the president's actions have given them plenty of fodder.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:35 AM

35,558 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:

Save your breath- they only have one script.... the left is evil... that is all they know. You can't get blood out of turnips or common sense out of trumpettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies