Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 12:59 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Apparently this dog was impounded previously for a very vicious attack on the lady's boyfriend.

https://people.com/crime/woman-kille...rench-bulldog/

Quote:
On Saturday, a suburban Chicago woman was attacked and killed by one of her French bulldogs. The dog had previously been removed from her home after biting her boyfriend, according to authorities.

Lisa Urso, 52, died after being extensively bitten and scratched inside her Ingleside, Illinois home, Lake County Coroner Dr. Howard Cooper tells PEOPLE.

Bleeding heavily, Urso managed to make it outside to the porch, where her body was later found by friends, he says.

"There was a struggle," Cooper says. "She was being attacked; there's no question."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 01:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times
So she can now compete, posthumously, for the Darwin award. If you read the article it is clear she will be a contender.

Old 05-15-2020, 02:43 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Apparently this dog was impounded previously for a very vicious attack on the lady's boyfriend.

I don't think its right to judge the whole program due to one little mistake.

Old 05-15-2020, 02:55 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
I would never keep a vicious animal. Years ago I had a male cat who started attacking all the other cats and me after his sister had kittens. I tried to be patient and keep him in a pet carrier when I couldn't supervise. It got worse. I had to rehome him for the safety of everyone else. I once had a pit mix that attacked me and tried to attack a neighbor after I fought her off. I took her to the animal shelter and told them what happened. They likely put her down. No vicious animals allowed.

This story is a good reason why. The dog already demonstrated that it was vicious. It should never have been taken back inside the home.

Old 05-15-2020, 02:57 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

All the pitbulls are wonderful loving dogs and great pets right up until they kill you........same ol story different day. Ask the veterinarians and they name three breeds that will attack unprovoked.......#1 Pitts
#2 Rottweiler #3 Great Danes..........ask all the owners and they will love them all..........and just laugh at the thought they could die..........until they're laying on the floor like this moron in a pool of blood.........

Old 05-15-2020, 03:04 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
All the pitbulls are wonderful loving dogs and great pets right up until they kill you........same ol story different day. Ask the veterinarians and they name three breeds that will attack unprovoked.......#1 Pitts
#2 Rottweiler #3 Great Danes..........ask all the owners and they will love them all..........and just laugh at the thought they could die..........until they're laying on the floor like this moron in a pool of blood.........
Either unprovoked, or more likely, not understanding what the provocation was, either way the result is the same.

It seems like many female owners of aggressive dogs suffer from ("yeah my little baby is aggressive towards others, but they're just protecting me and they've never done anything but give me kisses") and many male owners of aggressive breeds just simply don't care (or even like the notion that their dog is aggressive). I've met both and both are worrisome.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:22 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
I find it amazing that tiny dog could kill an adult human. She must have been one hell of a submissive, cowardly person.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:38 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Very tragic. Poor woman. Requiescat in pace.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:12 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
French Bulldog. It's in the headline and everything...

Old 05-15-2020, 04:14 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I find it amazing that tiny dog could kill an adult human. She must have been one hell of a submissive, cowardly person.
I agree. Most people could drop kick a Frenchie right across the room or out the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies