Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 04:03 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Anyone who really knows anything about what's going on in China knows it is far far far worse than the gullible western MSM will bother reporting. When the "conspiracy theorist" reports come in accusing China of slaughtering Falun Gong practitioners and Uighurs, then harvesting and selling their organs for profit, one would think it would be of tremendous interest for the CCP to prove to everybody in the world that no such things are happening. Instead, they obfuscate, ignore, change the subject, and actively demonize anyone daring to broach the subject. In short, they act guilty as hell, for all the world like they have something to hide. News media that even dares suggest that there is any truth to these "rumors" are tossed out of the country and banned from ever coming back. If you don't tell the stories the CCP wants you to, you aren't welcome in China.

There is some debate about whether or not you and the rest of the 50 cent army are actually paid. It also believed that you're not paid and that it's just part of your expected duties to remain members of the CCP in good standing. Having the Chinese Nazi Party's good favor is more than payment enough, no doubt. It becomes painfully obvious who you are and what you're about. You will seldom find any real Westerner that does not question their own government and every government on the planet. We tend to be highly suspicious of our own very democratically elected leaders. Virtually no Westerns are gullible enough to believe it when somebody tries to paint a soul-crushingly authoritarian government as brutal and notorious as the Chinese Nazi/Communist Party as virtuous or benevolent or even remotely good. They're terrible tyrants and everybody on planet earth knows it. So when folks like you come along singing the praises of the CCP, you stick out like a sore thumb. On a politically aware forum like this, everybody knows exactly what you're up to, even if they don't know why you're doing it.

The brainwashing that the Chinese people undergo throughout their lives is astoundingly effective. Many ex-pats who completely despise the PRC will continue to hold some of the most ridiculous believes for decades. Often for the rest of their lives. A good friend of ours who grew up in Shanghai is very much like that. She's been a US citizen for years and is married to a fairly politically savvy white American guy. There's just so much to deprogram. Her sister also came to America and is married to a white American guy. The sister is constantly spouting CCP propaganda, even though she has no good reason to continue to believe all the nonsense. That's some serious brainwashing you got there!!

So basically I get stacks and stacks of that free epoch times that Falun Gong put out to bash china and I use it for my dogs to poo and pee pee on. At lease they are put to good use. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 06:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
They don't have enough power to do anything like that in the first place. I agree the war in Iraq was a mistake. Going to Afghanistan wasn't. I never said we are perfect. GWB was a disgrace. But when you play (and pay to be) the world's police things get complicated. What "battles" are you speaking of that Canada and UK, etc, are picking? They don't do anything but hide behind us.

Vietnam was a mistake too but, again, it's a lot more complicated than you make it out to be. It's easy to be Canada or wherever you fantasize about and sit and armchair judge us. I don't think why we went in in the first place was a mistake. But yes, get into the late 1960s it was a huge mess.

Lol. It matters what allies an insignificant nation like Canada has? Don't even get me started on Europe.

This is your TDS on full display. National stupidity? America is finally rightfully feared again (by the people whom it applies to) and until China ruined the world we were more prosperous than we had been since the 1950s, maybe more. Of course the rest of the world is jealous, so they hate on us.

Yeah, hate your country country I couldn't give a s*** less. But it's pathetic to paint half the country as Waffle House drunks who only drink Milwaukee's best. I like Waffle House and I drink maybe 3 times a year. I went to college, I'm successful. Joe Biden can't even recite the alphabet without a cue card, and people really think he can handle the job?

The other side is so pathetic it's a joke. It's beyond a joke. I'm sure you watched the CNN Town Hall with Greta. It was okay for Nancy to tear up the SOTU where Trump mentioned CV as a threat. And she gets the pass for the Chinatown party a month after Trump shut down China, fighting alleged discrimination. People aren't mad at the Chinese living here, they're mad at China, myself included. China is a sneaky, evil communist country.

Yeah, it is a free country.
Meh...yeah, this was a mistake and that was a mistake and it’s more complicated than that and those countries are jealous of us (SMH...you flattering yourself) and you hate the country and blah blah blah.

Again, I served this country, so stop wasting your time with the lame flag waving. It doesn’t work on me.

And yeah, I’m a snob who looks down on a huge number of my fellow countrymen. Why? Because they deserve it. Other liberals might be afraid to say it, but I prefer the elitists. I don’t like hayseeds. I’m allergic to ‘em.

BTW...no I didn’t watch the CNN Town Hall. I watched paint dry instead. Greta? Lol...stop it.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...yeah, this was a mistake and that was a mistake and it’s more complicated than that and those countries are jealous of us (SMH...you flattering yourself) and you hate the country and blah blah blah.
Yeah, no nation is perfect. If you think reasons for the Vietnam and Iraq 2 war can be summed up in 2 sentences I have a bridge to sell you. Especially if you claim to have been in the armed forces. Yes, it's complicated when you're the most powerful country on Earth and have to play the world's police. I say cut off every penny of foreign aid personally.

Quote:
Again, I served this country, so stop wasting your time with the lame flag waving. It doesn’t work on me.
I doubt that, but whatever.

Quote:
And yeah, I’m a snob who looks down on a huge number of my fellow countrymen. Why? Because they deserve it. Other liberals might be afraid to say it, but I prefer the elitists. I don’t like hayseeds. I’m allergic to ‘em.
All starting to make sense now. Just tell me now you live in Nob Hill, San Francisco and the picture will be completed. The people who claim to be elites are the biggest hypocrites in this nation.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, no nation is perfect. If you think reasons for the Vietnam and Iraq 2 war can be summed up in 2 sentences I have a bridge to sell you. Especially if you claim to have been in the armed forces. Yes, it's complicated when you're the most powerful country on Earth and have to play the world's police. I say cut off every penny of foreign aid personally.

I doubt that, but whatever.

All starting to make sense now. Just tell me now you live in Nob Hill, San Francisco and the picture will be completed. The people who claim to be elites are the biggest hypocrites in this nation.
Tell you what...name the units you served with and I’ll name mine.

Old 05-19-2020, 01:17 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Meh...you grossly overestimate our military value to Canada.
Not in the least... And let's he honest here, anything that could be construed as positive about the US, you'd probably underestimate.

The US military budget is twice as high as the entire federal budget for Canada; most of their military equipment was either made or developed by the US. There are clear advantages to having an alliance with the US, which the Canadian government seems to be at peace with.

Quote:
They have two oceans on their flanks, and they don’t go around making enemies. They don’t need us as long as they mind their own business. And generally speaking, they do.
Yes, they generally do, which is great. But they also have to consider that the resource-rich northern territories are close to Russia, and if they didn't have a unified front with the US as a deterrence, most likely there would be much more aggression from Russia.

Regardless of your opinions on the matter, Canada still clearly believes that it has more to gain from its relationship with the US than lose, or it would simply disregard the US and move closer to China's orbit.

Quote:
BTW...American intelligence isn’t very good. I’d dismiss it if I were the Canadians.
You should tell that to the Canadian government. It's almost like they know things you don't...

Old 05-19-2020, 01:18 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So basically I get stacks and stacks of that free epoch times that Falun Gong put out to bash china and I use it for my dogs to poo and pee pee on. At lease they are put to good use. Lol
You always have the most constructive and mature posts relating to China.

Old 05-19-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Not in the least... And let's he honest here, anything that could be construed as positive about the US, you'd probably underestimate.

The US military budget is twice as high as the entire federal budget for Canada; most of their military equipment was either made or developed by the US. There are clear advantages to having an alliance with the US, which the Canadian government seems to be at peace with.

Yes, they generally do, which is great. But they also have to consider that the resource-rich northern territories are close to Russia, and if they didn't have a unified front with the US as a deterrence, most likely there would be much more aggression from Russia.

Regardless of your opinions on the matter, Canada still clearly believes that it has more to gain from its relationship with the US than lose, or it would simply disregard the US and move closer to China's orbit.

You should tell that to the Canadian government. It's almost like they know things you don't...
The United States military budget is so high because we’re stupid. That’s not an indication of efficacy....only an indication of having more money than national brainpower.

With all that money being spent, we’ve failed in Iraq and we’re busy failing in Afghanistan. I wouldn’t brag about how much dough we spend if I were you. That money would be spent better elsewhere.

Secondly, the Canadians have nothing to fear from Russia. That’s boogeyman nonsense. Russia has more resources than they can ever use. Canada has nothing that Russia doesn’t have, and the last time I remember, the Russians weren’t thirsting after the world’s supply of maple syrup. At the most, the Canadians and Russians may have some dispute over some islands somewhere, but that’d be about it. Russia has their hands full in their own hemisphere.

Lastly, U.S. intelligence is a joke. I mean, be serious here. Why would the Canadians rely on it? Gimme a break. They can rely on intel from several other allies that actually get it right. Hell, even the French warned is that we were about to screw the pooch in Iraq. Bin Laden was right under our ally’s (so called) nose in a big ass house in Pakistan. We didn’t know that till 2011. Great intelligence, right?

Trump just told us that he killed Soleimani based on Intel reports that he was planning terror attacks, and Pompeo said that they’d soon be providing the evidence.

Turns out, there IS NO evidence. It was all bunk. We let Jamal Khashoggi walk right into an ambush in the Saudi embassy in Turkey where he was dismembered. His killers used Israeli spyware to hack into his friend’s phone...spyware that was certainly furnished by Israel to his Saudi killers. Our intel didn’t pick that up either.

So please...spare me. There are lots of intel services around the world that are far better than ours.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
The United States military budget is so high because we’re stupid. That’s not an indication of efficacy....only an indication of having more money than national brainpower.

With all that money being spent, we’ve failed in Iraq and we’re busy failing in Afghanistan. I wouldn’t brag about how much dough we spend if I were you. That money would be spent better elsewhere.

Secondly, the Canadians have nothing to fear from Russia. That’s boogeyman nonsense. Russia has more resources than they can ever use. Canada has nothing that Russia doesn’t have, and the last time I remember, the Russians weren’t thirsting after the world’s supply of maple syrup. At the most, the Canadians and Russians may have some dispute over some islands somewhere, but that’d be about it. Russia has their hands full in their own hemisphere.

Lastly, U.S. intelligence is a joke. I mean, be serious here. Why would the Canadians rely on it? Gimme a break. They can rely on intel from several other allies that actually get it right. Hell, even the French warned is that we were about to screw the pooch in Iraq. Bin Laden was right under our ally’s (so called) nose in a big ass house in Pakistan. We didn’t know that till 2011. Great intelligence, right?

Trump just told us that he killed Soleimani based on Intel reports that he was planning terror attacks, and Pompeo said that they’d soon be providing the evidence.

Turns out, there IS NO evidence. It was all bunk. We let Jamal Khashoggi walk right into an ambush in the Saudi embassy in Turkey where he was dismembered. His killers used Israeli spyware to hack into his friend’s phone...spyware that was certainly furnished by Israel to his Saudi killers. Our intel didn’t pick that up either.

So please...spare me. There are lots of intel services around the world that are far better than ours.
They didn't pick up on it or they completely ignored it?

Old 05-19-2020, 10:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Yeah, no nation is perfect. If you think reasons for the Vietnam and Iraq 2 war can be summed up in 2 sentences I have a bridge to sell you. Especially if you claim to have been in the armed forces. Yes, it's complicated when you're the most powerful country on Earth and have to play the world's police.
Because politicians want to nation build. That was just one sentence.

Quote:
I say cut off every penny of foreign aid personally.
Agreed.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:35 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Tell you what...name the units you served with and I’ll name mine.
I don't care, I still don't believe you. Also I never claimed to be in the armed forces.

If you actually were you were probably dishonorably discharged, lol. Would partly explain the hate you have for your country.

Enjoy your life being a phony elite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies