Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 06:49 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Dr. Russell Blaylock warns that not only do face masks fail to protect the healthy from getting sick, but they also create serious health risks to the wearer. The bottom line is that if you are not sick, you should not wear a face mask.
Quote:
It is known that the N95 mask, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygenation as much as 20%, which can lead to a loss of consciousness
https://www.technocracy.news/blayloc...o-the-healthy/

Apparently some of these masks, such as the N95 mask, can hamper breathing and lower oxygen intake if worn for long periods of time. Face masks can also worsen a person's health if they have a pre-existing lung condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 06:54 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Nice spin. The N95 poses some risk in certain conditions, but that headline isn't quite so alarming is it?

Old 05-16-2020, 06:54 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Great person to reference.....

"Blaylock has called the American medical system 'collectivist' and has suggested that health-care reform efforts under President Obama are masterminded by extragovernmental groups that wish to impose euthanasia.[20] He blamed the purported collectivism of American medicine for the retirement of his friend Miguel Faria. According to Blaylock, the former Soviet Union tried to spread collectivism by covertly introducing illegal drugs and various sexually transmitted diseases into the United States.[20] Schwarcz characterized these positions as "conspiracy theories."[20] "

Old 05-16-2020, 06:55 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,590,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
https://www.technocracy.news/blayloc...o-the-healthy/

Apparently some of these masks, such as the N95 mask, can hamper breathing and lower oxygen intake if worn for long periods of time. Face masks can also worsen a person's health if they have a pre-existing lung condition.
I own a blood oxygen meter. I have tested myself multiple times while wearing a mask, there's no difference.

Most people aren't wearing N-95 masks. I'm not even sure you could get one of those right now even if you wanted one.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Nice spin. The N95 poses some risk in certain conditions, but that headline isn't quite so alarming is it?

From Stanford University:

Quote:
But in filtering those particles, the mask also makes it harder to breathe. N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. If you wear a mask long enough, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening.
https://news.stanford.edu/2020/04/14...19-face-masks/

Go ahead and believe TV people, since TV people tell you to wear masks.
Obey the TV people!

Old 05-16-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I own a blood oxygen meter. I have tested myself multiple times while wearing a mask, there's no difference.

Most people aren't wearing N-95 masks. I'm not even sure you could get one of those right now even if you wanted one.
The N95 medical type masks are the only masks that are significantly effective in stopping some virus spread. The cloth masks that much of the public are using are not effective at all.

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/

Old 05-16-2020, 07:06 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Your quote doesn't change what I said.
It's the n95, mostly available to healthcare workers and people who happened to have them on hand when this hit, certainly not the average person who can only avail themselves of surgical or cloth masks.
Secondly anyone who experiences the dizziness and lightheadedness should have enough common sense to remove the mask. Which would prevent the 'serious' consequences of wearing the mask 'long enough', otherwise known as an extended period of time.
No cigar.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:07 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterful_man View Post
from stanford university:

https://news.stanford.edu/2020/04/14...19-face-masks/

go ahead and believe tv people, since tv people tell you to wear masks.
Obey the tv people!

covid 19_84

Old 05-16-2020, 07:10 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
The N95 medical type masks are the only masks that are significantly effective in stopping some virus spread. The cloth masks that much of the public are using are not effective at all.

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

The ones I'm making and selling to pissed off right wingers who cannot avoid the occasional mandated mask-wearing carry messages like "Fashion Statement" and "Security Blanket".

Old 05-16-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Your quote doesn't change what I said.
It's the n95, mostly available to healthcare workers and people who happened to have them on hand when this hit, certainly not the average person who can only avail themselves of surgical or cloth masks.
Secondly anyone who experiences the dizziness and lightheadedness should have enough common sense to remove the mask. Which would prevent the 'serious' consequences of wearing the mask 'long enough', otherwise known as an extended period of time.
No cigar.
Cloth masks do not work in preventing virus spread:

(This study, link above ^ cautions against the use of cloth masks, because they are not effective)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies