Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2020, 12:44 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,936 times

Advertisements

ARe all of the airplanes coming from china still being stopped and not allowed to land here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 01:03 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
ARe all of the airplanes coming from china still being stopped and not allowed to land here?
They were never not allowed to land here. The "travel ban" forbid foreign nationals from coming here from China. American citizens could continue to travel there and back subject to certain restrictions. Many airlines suspended flights out of caution and lack of demand, but there have been flights going from China to the West Coast since March.

Old 05-17-2020, 02:31 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
They were never not allowed to land here. The "travel ban" forbid foreign nationals from coming here from China. American citizens could continue to travel there and back subject to certain restrictions. Many airlines suspended flights out of caution and lack of demand, but there have been flights going from China to the West Coast since March.
Why do I get the feeling you just dumped a whole bunch of cold water on this thread.

you and your truth and everything.......

CN

Old 05-17-2020, 05:04 PM

273 posts, read 96,731 times
I support the travel ban but wish it would have been more strict as it allowed an exception for foreign Chinese nationals if they were international students, and the U.S. has around

500,000 Chinese international students,yep HALF A MILLION chinese students flew into U.S. during the peak of the outbreak,

that is not an exaggeration, look it up, and they are all rich, most all have parents in the CCP , many are extremely xenophobic ,I remember rich chinese students at my university putting giant stickers of the Chinese flag on their car, I'm sure many of them joked about not caring if they spread the virus to Americans or not,

and 99.9% return to china for the xmas break, as going home during New years is important in Chinese culture, then all HALF A MILLION of them came back during the peak of the virus outbreak.

I remember when the media started finally covering the outbreak a lot of it was about how Chinese international students returning back to the U.S. from xmas break in China were being possible victims racism on American campuses. and how the U.S. and college communities should use this time to embrace their chinese international students, and provide support for the ones in Wuhan who had loved ones die.........wow were we Naive

YEP 90% of media coverage in my town , in Jan and Feb was about how our community should take this time to support the Chinese students from Wuhan who have returned to the U.S. and lost family and friends back in Wuhan,

meanwhile i was joining the reserves and waking up to how ridiculous it was the CCP blocked domestic flights but not intl flights

I support the travel ban, but many people don't realize HALF A MILLION chinese international students were exempt , and they all went back to china then returned to the U.S. during the peak of the outbreak, including HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS from Wuhan.

these students could fly in and out of Wuhan, but they could 100% definitely not fly out of Wuhan into Beijing or any other part of China, but the CCP had no problem in HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of students flying out of Wuhan to the western world. I mean come on , that was ridiculous . China blocked domestic flights from Wuhan but not international flights, i mean come on , what the heck is that?

the irony is that most all of them have now left the U.S. and are back in China now anyway.

Australia banned all foreign nationals including Chinese students from returning and i think it played a large part in their success

on a side note of how rich Chinese intl students are,, the number of chinese students i heard talking about buying a greencard for half a million was ridiculous, i didnt even know that was possible until i heard so many chinese talk about buying greencards

apparently if you invest half a mil you get a greencard,,,, guess what country is leading in that,, China

Last edited by mizzou88; 05-17-2020 at 05:40 PM..

Old 05-17-2020, 05:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Planes weren't stopped.

The US govt. limited entry to the USA from China to American citizen and green card holders only.

So planes didn't stop.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:07 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
The virus doesn't get frequent flier miles for flying Chinese airlines.

Are you sitting down?

I just don't want you to be shocked, because people from other countries go to China and Chinese people go to countries other than the US.

You're in Hamburg, Germany. You board a Lufthansa flight with a Chinese person with COVID-19.

Now you and other passengers have COVID-19.

You land at JFK and then you and the other infected spread COVID-19 all over JFK airport.

Then you get on a subway car and infect people there, and then at the platform everyone changes trains and now it spreads to 100s of others.

See how that works?

Or, you board a Delta flight in London and sit next to an American who had lunch with a Chinaman then you land at JFK, Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Blocking flights from China is about as stupid as putting a teeny tiny dab of sun-tan lotion on your arm then crying because your entire arm got burnt and not that teeny tiny spot.

Also, you do understand that COVID-19 was around in August/September, right?

Flu Season in China is the same as the US: October-March.

People showing up in Chinese hospitals in October with flu-like symptoms and then dying is not going to raise any suspicions for the same reason it would not raise suspicions here.

It isn't until December when 10s of 1,000s have already been infected and you have more people than usual dying that anyone starts paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies