Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 07:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And there are a good number of deaths that are underreported, have been underreported and will be going forward until we get a project warp speed on testing and not just a single test. My mother who was supposed to have surgery tomorrow before her doctor said she can't, had her pre-op Covid-19 test on Friday. Now due to the availability of tests in Arizona she had a test that should have gone to someone who needed it. My mom found out her doctor changed her mind AFTER the test was done... Had she not had the surgery she wouldn't be getting tested.

I doubt we’ll ever get adequate testing. There is no evidence that Colorado has been underreporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 07:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent find.

Hospitals are being paid around $30,000 for each patient they claim died from COVID. So if a patient in Stage 4 lung cancer is admitted to the hospital in his last week, catches the virus in his weakened state, and dies, it is a COVID death.... not a cancer death.

What will be interesting is to see if there was a big drop in cancer and heart disease deaths this spring when compared to springs past.

Yes, indeed! How are they going to explain that?

Old 05-17-2020, 07:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I doubt we’ll ever get adequate testing. There is no evidence that Colorado has been underreporting.
There is no proof they aren't underreported either. It is just common sense that the Covid-19 deaths are. Let's remember 2009's Swine Flu deaths were between 8,800 and 18,000 deaths (the 12,469 deaths are the median) but only 4,000 lab confirmed deaths happened. You don't think the number will go by a quarter or half as the CDC goes through and adds in likely Covid-19 deaths due to an uptick in symptomatic deaths similar to Swine Flu's?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

Old 05-17-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
There is no proof they aren't underreported either. It is just common sense that the Covid-19 deaths are. Let's remember 2009's Swine Flu deaths were between 8,800 and 18,000 deaths (the 12,469 deaths are the median) but only 4,000 lab confirmed deaths happened. You don't think the number will go by a quarter or half as the CDC goes through and adds in likely Covid-19 deaths due to an uptick in symptomatic deaths similar to Swine Flu's?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html
Deaths counts are likely inaccurate worldwide. It would be great if they were 100% accurate but they aren’t. Not for covid, not for flu. We should take the word of the coroners first and foremost, in my opinion.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Deaths counts are likely inaccurate worldwide. It would be great if they were 100% accurate but they aren’t. Not for covid, not for flu. We should take the word of the coroners first and foremost, in my opinion.
Yes and largely because we didn't have and still don't have testing. Trump don't care about tests outside of the White House and he is proving it day by day so we will have off-counts.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:06 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
It really makes you wonder in how many other states this is happening.
I'll go on a limb and say New York.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
I've always thought a simple test should tells us the answer. How many people died in say April 2019 in New York, long before cover was around? How many people died in April 2020? This is just a death count. Not interested in the cause. Let's say the two are the same. What does that tell you?

Old 05-17-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I've always thought a simple test should tells us the answer. How many people died in say April 2019 in New York, long before cover was around? How many people died in April 2020? This is just a death count. Not interested in the cause. Let's say the two are the same. What does that tell you?

That would be something worth looking at.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
It means we replaced deaths. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:43 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I think what the poster meant by this is that Covid19 has replaced heart disease as the default cause of death on a death certificate.
There is no "default" cause of death on a death certificate. If the cause is unknown, that is what should go on the certificate. Coroners are not involved with all death certificates. Most are filled out by the attending physician at the time of death.

https://www.mdedge.com/familymedicin...-easy-it-seems

Quote:
Quote:
That would be something worth looking at.
Here you go.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...york-city.html

"Even with these high totals, the recent numbers in our charts are most likely an undercount of all deaths in the city. In normal times, death certificates take time to be processed and collected, and complete death tallies can take weeks to become final. But even if the current count is perfect, roughly 27,600 New Yorkers have died of all causes since the beginning of the epidemic. That’s about 20,900 more than is typical."

What does that tell you?

It is a worldwide phenomenon:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ng-deaths.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies