Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 10:56 AM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
and they have also lost loved ones in nursing homes because of the governors negligence and incompetence.
They will always find an excuse to blame Republicans, even when their aren't any to be found
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 11:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Should be investigated. Democrats in New York State are clearly not trusting of Cuomo.

He deserves what he gets with this not being transparency.

Governors who chose strategies to mislead by shifting numbers/deaths etc.....should be held accountable.

And staff who report them should not be treated as criminals.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:09 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This is a very telling thread....no leftist responses....I wonder why?
Those responsible in Cuomo's organization absolutely should face consequences for this. I agree with you though, mentioning the left/right responses in this thread is interesting. They speak to a trend I see more and more between the left and the right. Those on the left are not shy about calling out those in their own ranks who are corrupt. Threads like this? I'm in full agreement, it is horrible. Many on the right anymore seem to take the stance that they have to defend EVERY right wing politician. We only grow if we are willing to call out the corrupt in our own ranks. That's something the left does better than the right, right now at least.

Last edited by Lekrii; 02-15-2021 at 11:49 AM..

Old 02-15-2021, 02:07 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
However the Democratic Party mayor of NYC and a Democratic Party member of the state legislature have also called for an investigation.
Again. I just said if there was criminally involved it should be prosecuted and investigated. Nobody is arguing that...

The argument is the fake outrage and fake caring about people who died. You don't give a crap about that. All you see is YES gotcha! It's all politics.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Trump did absolutely nothing"? Even though Trump screwed up on Covid, which most likely cost him the election, it's ridiculous to say he did nothing: Hospital ship to N.Y., shutting down flights early, with Dems crying about it, Putting in place "Warp Speed" to help facilitate the creation of a vaccine. Easy enough to just say he did nothing, but not true.
Wow. The bare minimum lets all clap and celebrate. Doing the job is having a plan. Telling the America people the truth. Covid was suppose to go away last easter I though? It's just a hoax? Liberate. Don't wear a mask. Don't listen to the doctors. I'm not responsible. Leave it to the states cause this is not a nationwide issue?

Please. If a Democrat was president and if he or she did what Trump tell every single Trumpster would be screaming from Earth to the Sun.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Those responsible in Cuomo's organization absolutely should face consequences for this. I agree with you though, mentioning the left/right responses in this thread is interesting. They speak to a trend I see more and more between the left and the right. Those on the left are not shy about calling out those in their own ranks who are corrupt. Threads like this? I'm in full agreement, it is horrible. Many on the right anymore seem to take the stance that they have to defend EVERY right wing politician. We only grow if we are willing to call out the corrupt in our own ranks. That's something the left does better than the right, right now at least.
Exactly. The right has always saw politicians as cult figures. Everyone needs to follow 100% right wing talking points....If even a tiny nudge set out of those talking points immediately you're extreme left and the isms.

Politicians work for us. They should not be cult figures. Right wingers always need to feel "outrage" .......they always need a boogey person to vent anger at.....Cuomo is the prefect politician. He's in a blue state. A huge power name in the state. And most importantly people from across the US would watch him during the daily press conferences when there no leadership coming from the white house.

As I have said in this thread criticizing Cuomo is fair game, but one cannot say Trump did an excellent job at covid. He did all he can...Does NOT work that way. It really shows the person they are. They made Trump into a cult figure who literally can take everything away from them and find someone else to blame.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:47 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Lefty here......

Cuomo made mistakes. Nursing homes made mistakes and are STILL making mistakes. If pressed real serious issues will surface. Remember. Hospitals and nursing homes are for profit. But the biggest mistake of all was Trump telling the American people that this was a "hoax" and sniffles .
how many times have you totally believed what some politician has told you? Most people should know by now that simple common sense dictates what you should do to keep yourself safe.............

Old 02-15-2021, 09:07 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Wow. The bare minimum lets all clap and celebrate. Doing the job is having a plan. Telling the America people the truth. Covid was suppose to go away last easter I though? It's just a hoax? Liberate. Don't wear a mask. Don't listen to the doctors. I'm not responsible. Leave it to the states cause this is not a nationwide issue?

Please. If a Democrat was president and if he or she did what Trump tell every single Trumpster would be screaming from Earth to the Sun.
Yep.... But instead Trump told America to "breathe deeply". WTF..... I can't even begin to imagine what the past year would have been like if we had a real leader in charge. A very different world. We are at a dangerous point in history.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
how many times have you totally believed what some politician has told you? Most people should know by now that simple common sense dictates what you should do to keep yourself safe.............
If common sense was common 1/3 of my neighbors wouldn't believe democrats frazzledrip and that I worship Morloch.

Morloch is real but covid isn't. ,

Old 02-16-2021, 12:08 AM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post

Let's see? You said "Trump did absolutely nothing". I pointed out a few examples where you were 100% wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies