Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 05:26 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacove View Post
anyone that thinks trump is not making money off of the government is delusional. Trump charged the secret service $65k to use his elevators in trump tower for two months and that was before he took office. He charged them to ride in his plane. He charges them to stay in his hotels, to use his golf carts. Foreign dignitaries that want to curry favor with trump stay at his hotels, including the dc hotel. So does the gop, which selects his properties for government meetings and events and trump's hotels can virtually name their price because tax payers are the one to pay.

Trump is making far more than the $400k annual salary he would make otherwise and taxpayers are the ones paying.
Quote:
the u.s. Government has paid at least $970,000 to … trump’s company since trump took office — including payments for more than 1,600 nightly room rentals at trump’s hotels and clubs, according to federal records obtained by the washington post.

Since march, the post has catalogued an additional $340,000 in such payments. They were almost all related to trips taken by trump, his family and his top officials. The government is not known to have paid for the rooms for trump and his family members at his properties but it has paid for staffers and secret service agents to accompany the president.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:27 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Anyone that thinks Trump is not making money off of the government is delusional. Trump charged the Secret Service $65K to use his elevators in Trump tower for two months and that was before he took office. He charged them to ride in his plane. He charges them to stay in his hotels, to use his golf carts. Foreign dignitaries that want to curry favor with Trump stay at his hotels, including the DC hotel. So does the GOP, which selects his properties for government meetings and events and Trump's hotels can virtually name their price because tax payers are the one to pay.

Trump is making far more than the $400K annual salary he would make otherwise and taxpayers are the ones paying.
Recently released:

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintell...EEm64KCGOJCMcQ

Quote:
The U.S. government has paid at least $970,000 to … Trump’s company since Trump took office — including payments for more than 1,600 nightly room rentals at Trump’s hotels and clubs, according to federal records obtained by The Washington Post.

Since March, The Post has catalogued an additional $340,000 in such payments. They were almost all related to trips taken by Trump, his family and his top officials. The government is not known to have paid for the rooms for Trump and his family members at his properties but it has paid for staffers and Secret Service agents to accompany the president.
Emoluments clause be damned I reckon.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:44 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
He’s not a billionaire. That’s one of the reasons he doesn’t want his taxes released; they will show he’s not as rich as he claims.
I doubt that Trump is a billionaire. As far as I know, we have only his word for it, and we all know what Sir-Lies-a-Lot's word is worth.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yes. Any mention of it recieves accusations of "boasting" and, "if he had real compassion he'd donate annonomously and not boast". Dude cant win with people like you., er, i mean the tds crowd.

Better tell the irs

It really is pathetic with you people.

Please don't try to discourage their insanity. It is so entertaining.

Yeah, we're laughing at you fools. Laughing, laughing, laughing!

Old 05-16-2020, 07:32 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Poor Bernie Bros. "How come Trump has more money than I do? I'm so much smarter. I'm not orange!"

Old 05-16-2020, 07:34 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
He hasn’t. When he had his falling out with Epstein it was over Epstein saying Trump wasn’t worth what he said he was. And now he’s dead under mysterious circumstances with an obvious cover up...

Old 05-16-2020, 07:41 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
He hasn’t. When he had his falling out with Epstein it was over Epstein saying Trump wasn’t worth what he said he was. And now he’s dead under mysterious circumstances with an obvious cover up...
Are you seriously linking some dustup w/ Trump about his net worth as the reason that Epstein is dead?

WOW

I don't think there's a smilie that I can use that expresses my amazement at that one.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:46 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Really? His dad gave him a few million. He made the rest. ...
I think it was more like $400 million. Sooner or later, you're talking about real money.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:47 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I think it was more like $400 million. Sooner or later, you're talking about real money.
A small loan of a million dollars, 400 million dollars: Whats the difference when you are a liar supported primarily by other liars?

Old 05-16-2020, 07:48 PM

256 posts, read 87,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Can someone explain how someone that can tell the public to ingest bleach or be woefully out of their depths that shows the world that can't do the job have so much wealth?

Regardless, if he is a con-man, his cons should be evident with anyone with at least 3 brain cells. Most people don't buy fake rolexes from vendors off the street corner at retail price. How do you fall for it and do business with him?
We don't know if he's a billionaire and won't know until his taxes are released. Since he has trouble telling the truth about anything, I tend to doubt he has as much money as he claims. He's the king of exaggeration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies