Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 09:18 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

For those individuals that refuse to cooperate with contact tracers and/or refuse testing, will not be allowed to leave their homes to purchase basic necessities such as groceries and/or prescriptions.

https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2020/05/12...-for-covid-19/

Good or bad idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 09:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Bring it, Inslee, you *****.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:44 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Unconstitutional!

Old 05-17-2020, 10:56 AM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
This same article, I believe, was already posted somewhere here on the forum, maybe in our state forum. I agree this approach was a BIG overreach.

Inslee HAS walked some of this plan back in the days since this was published. So it is possible some later articles, if different, will be more accurate. Original plans for restaurants to maintain customer logs, for example, have been scrapped or made optional. (https://www.king5.com/article/news/h...f-8de66c50807c)

I wish there had been no over-reach at all, but I am glad to see that when there is valid push-back, we are being heard. Definitely keep watch, and don't just give in when they go to far. Keep speaking out, particularly to the governor himself, not just here. I have. No one else will be watching for our lost freedoms if we don't.

And the laws giving Health Dept officials sole discretion in determining whether isolation and quarantine need to be made mandatory, with no due process... are still on the books... Whether Inslee wants to admit that in a press conference or not.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 05-17-2020 at 11:16 AM..

Old 05-17-2020, 11:07 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Trump supporters so fearful of contact tracing that they refuse or give false information will not be notified if they have been exposed to the virus. As a result, they could unknowingly expose others that may be especially vulnerable. Trump has created so much paranoia among his worshipping flock that they will ultimately cause their own harm. Trump only received 36% if the vote in Washington but they act like they matter more. They don’t. They will just be less informed which will be their own fault.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:10 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump supporters so fearful of contact tracing that they refuse or give false information will not be notified if they have been exposed to the virus. As a result, they could unknowingly expose others that may be especially vulnerable. Trump has created so much paranoia among his worshipping flock that they will ultimately cause their own harm. Trump only received 36% if the vote in Washington but they act like they matter more. They don’t. They will just be less informed which will be their own fault.
Turn on your brain. This isn’t a Trump supporter thing. I don’t support Trump either yet I wouldn’t want this. It’s insanity.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 AM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Turn on your brain. This isn’t a Trump supporter thing.

Yes! We need to stop making this a partisan political thing and *think*

Old 05-17-2020, 11:38 AM

39,872 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
For those individuals that refuse to cooperate with contact tracers and/or refuse testing, will not be allowed to leave their homes to purchase basic necessities such as groceries and/or prescriptions.

https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2020/05/12...-for-covid-19/

Good or bad idea?
Inslee has acted like a petty, little tin-pot dictator ever since he took office. Last fall the votes passed a law via initiative process fixing vehicle licensing fees at $30. Inslee threw a temper tantrum. Can't have the voters having a choice now-and he needs those vehicle fees (and extreme gas taxes) to subsidize mass transit and ferry boats for the rich in King County and the surrounding area. He directed his lackley AG to ignore that law and just jacked up rates.

He has done the same throughout the China bug-going out of his way to punish counties and cities that voted against him-while supporting those that supported him. King and Snohomish counties were at the center of the outbreak, with by far the most cases and deaths in the state. Yet Boeing, that employees thousands in those counties is allowed to operate...while small businesses and home builders are shut down across the state. Seattle is allowed to open parks-while FISHING, a sport that typifies social distancing is banned. He also banned recreation on state owned lands-no ATVing or dirt biking, no hiking, no camping on the widely dispersed lands around the state. But liquor stores and pot shops are open and booming.

His totalitarian streak may just drive the citizens of the state to remind him why we have a 2nd amendment. Storm the governor's mansion, take him into custody and lock him in a county jail until this is over.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:42 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Turn on your brain. This isn’t a Trump supporter thing. I don’t support Trump either yet I wouldn’t want this. It’s insanity.
You don't have to. Just don't complain when you aren't notified that you were exposed to the virus. Simple really. I find it fascinating that a right wing blog today lamented at the paranoia of those on the right about this virus.

"...it seems almost axiomatic that conspiracy believers are on the right. These theories run the gamut from claims that COVID-19 is a Chinese bioweapon to theories that Bill Gates will use a vaccine to inject “mark of the beast” microchips into Americans to the belief that Coronavirus death statistics are inflated to keep the economy shut down and make Trump look bad.

It is ironic that these conspiracy believers want to reopen the economy but attack the tools that will be used to do so: masks social distancing, contact tracing, and vaccines, something I touched on yesterday. It seems that to the conspiracy crowd the only acceptable methods for dealing with the virus are hydroxychloroquine, UV light, and disinfectants.

What I’ve Learned From The Pandemic
https://theresurgent.com/2020/05/17/...ndemic-so-far/

Old 05-17-2020, 11:44 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You don't have to. Just don't complain when you aren't notified that you were exposed to the virus. Simple really. I find it fascinating that a right wing blog today lamented at the paranoia of those on the right about this virus.

"...it seems almost axiomatic that conspiracy believers are on the right. These theories run the gamut from claims that COVID-19 is a Chinese bioweapon to theories that Bill Gates will use a vaccine to inject “mark of the beast” microchips into Americans to the belief that Coronavirus death statistics are inflated to keep the economy shut down and make Trump look bad.

It is ironic that these conspiracy believers want to reopen the economy but attack the tools that will be used to do so: masks social distancing, contact tracing, and vaccines, something I touched on yesterday. It seems that to the conspiracy crowd the only acceptable methods for dealing with the virus are hydroxychloroquine, UV light, and disinfectants.

What I’ve Learned From The Pandemic
https://theresurgent.com/2020/05/17/...ndemic-so-far/
Sigh.

This isn’t a conspiracy. The Wa governor literally tried to roll this out.

Turn off Alex Jones and take off your tin foil hat, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies