Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 08:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Loveshiscountry - Good information can be found on City-Data's own Covid-19 page:

https://www.city-data.com/coronavirus/

In addition, I use this site quite a few times a day as well:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

and this one too:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...es-of-america/

On the last site, it has projections for each state.

I've noticed that the states that have re-opened large swaths of their businesses have started to rise up the list towards the top. Texas used to be in the middle along with Georgia and Florida, but they're all moving upwards. While they don't have the tragically high numbers of New York and New Jersey, their number of cases are starting to accelerate. North Carolina seems to be doing well relative to them.

One good thing: While we may disagree on many subjects, the fact that we're typing away on our computers, means we're not out in the world getting exposed to any disease. Perhaps we'll be a new sub-forum at some point. "The City-Data Immortals"!

Stay Healthy!
Because of testing, which unfortunately give us false positives and negatives, the numbers of course will go up. No doubt.

I'm in the camp of too many deaths are listed as corona when it was a contributing factor at best. That is the problem with the numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 09:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is not 1918. I expect our president to be on top of this from the first moment he was briefed which I assume was in January. He dismissed it and didn't take it seriously. He didn't listen to the experts. He is on video at one of his rallies saying this was the next democratic hoax. He said it would just go away. Well it's not going away. Governors have been the ones who have had to step up and take charge. But they have no clue how do deal with a global pandemic. I think many are doing a good job. You may not like what some governors have done but they are doing the best they can to keep their state safe.
Trump did what he did based on what the experts said. We know this. Too blame any of this on Trump is what a typical partisan does.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Of course, you ignore many protesting know there is a virus, but view restrictions as more harm than good, to extent they crushed the economy. 43 million will likely lose insurance with job cuts. You do know what that leads to, correct, for medical issues for them, in some cases?

Contrary to left-wing belief, hiding under the covers will not solve anything..
Here is the flaw in your theory. You say you "view the restrictions as more harm than good", so is being restricted worse than death ? You are not going to make a lot of money if you are dead !

People can recover from an economic setback, but they will never recover from dying...…...you ain't coming back. It is our RESPONSIBILITY to be smarter than this killer virus, our RESPONSIBILITY to do whatever we need to do to protect our loved ones and other people, and our RESPONSIBILITY to perhaps suffer a little to show leadership and to come out on the other side of this thing unscathed.

If you are 6 feet under, your paycheck isn't going to mean a damn thing to you.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:09 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Trump did what he did based on what the experts said. We know this. Too blame any of this on Trump is what a typical partisan does.

Huh uh, nope ! Trump dismissed the advice of all the experts who were trying to warn him about this virus, that is on record. He was afraid that if it came out his chances in November would be damaged. That was ALL he was looking out for.

His attitude was " Oh, this virus will go away and we are going to lose maybe 9 or 15 people, no big deal, it will go away".

Go back and study the timeline and you will see what I posted is correct. He knew, and he did not want us to know. This falls directly on Donald Trump, he is the man at the helm, not the experts.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:23 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Show me where it says anywhere that it's just republicans complaining about their rights. I suppose all you liberals are just staying all hunkered down and listening to your wise democratic governors in NY, CA, IL, and MI?

The left is, and always will be, a complete f'n joke.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:58 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Show me where it says anywhere that it's just republicans complaining about their rights. I suppose all you liberals are just staying all hunkered down and listening to your wise democratic governors in NY, CA, IL, and MI?

The left is, and always will be, a complete f'n joke.
Their mentality lead to millions walking into gas chambers to be executed.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:03 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Their mentality lead to millions walking into gas chambers to be executed.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:05 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Your attempt to repurpose an already referenced biblical story doesn't read as witty as you think that it does.

Moreover, after the Russia collusion hoax there isn't a commie in the nation that can call anyone else a "manchild idiot".

We'll keep electing anyone who focuses on our borders. Field a candidate that will, at minimum, not treat border control like an option and you won't get someone worse than Trump next time. Don't do that and you will.

Oh please. Stop whining about your entitlement to embedded partisan subversives. One day the shoe might be on the other foot.

After trying to overturn our election with a conspiracy theory and by implying that Trump voters were either Russian agents or that their votes were invalid because they read the wrong propaganda, no Leftist will have any moral platform to complain about "American rights" for a very long time.

You don't care about this country, and it reads as sociopathic to claim that you do.

And you people attempted to overturn an election and undermine the social fabric of this nation using every manner of conspiracy theory about Russia. Its a symptom of sociopathy to not be aware of one's own transgressions while ostensibly pointing out those of another. Especially when your transgressions are incomparably worse.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
Read this and see what's really happening on the front lines. See what your careless behavior is causing. The doctor in last last few paragraphs is an ER doc in NJ. He is my friend's cousin. His inlaws died of the virus a month ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/h...imes&smtyp=cur
Too bad for those in the line of duty. Nonetheless we are well on our way to reopening. We aren't going to turn back, and as we see daily, the governors and lesser elected personnel are powerless to enforce their anti-business restrictions.
Those that oppose this will simply have to adjust accordingly or go underground.

I'm in Northern Virginia and Northshore New Orleans. I travel by air back and forth frequently. I dont know a single person with the virus. Maybe its because i dont know many liberals!

Come up out of your hiding place and face the warm sun. Everything will work out------naturally.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:31 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
But those Republicans that are sitting in a bar packed like sardines in Texas, Georgia and Wisconsin sure are!
When people make comments like this - I think to myself how stupid! Did you actually go down there and ask each and every person their political affiliation where by you can make that comment - NO - you are assuming they are Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies