Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 12:47 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

This is a trend that I have notice over the past few months; leaders like Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Brian Kemp, and Ron De Santis being incessantly condemned for the deaths suffered by their respective constituents, but never Merkle, Mattarella, Macron, Cuomo, Murphy, Newsom, or even Jinping. The difference between these two groups appears to their political leanings.

This is most blatantly seen with Trump and Cuomo. Trump is fervently blamed for the Covid suffered by the nation, but Cuomo does not get any such blame even though his state has the most deaths from the virus. In fact there has been a "Draft Cuomo" movement for the upcoming election. I do not understand how the high number of Covid deaths simultaneously proves that Trump is incompetent and Cuomo competent.

If anyone would like to explain this dichotomy I am all ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 01:30 AM

273 posts, read 96,702 times
all i know is even though we did respond poorly , the media should use the words "Chinese Bioweapon" more often ....and they will

Old 05-18-2020, 01:33 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
all i know is even though we did respond poorly , the media should use the words "Chinese Bioweapon" more often ....and they will
A "bioweapon" with a mortality rate of 0.2% or so, isn't much of a weapon.

Nice try.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:37 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
A "bioweapon" with a mortality rate of 0.2% or so, isn't much of a weapon.

Nice try.
See:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post58105647

Old 05-18-2020, 01:38 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
A "bioweapon" with a mortality rate of 0.5% or so, isn't much of a weapon.

Nice try.
If it was a bio weapon, I'd call it "Operation Darwin" when it comes to people who don't know how to act during a pandemic...

Old 05-18-2020, 03:20 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

This is most blatantly seen with Trump and Cuomo. Trump is fervently blamed for the Covid suffered by the nation, but Cuomo does not get any such blame even though his state has the most deaths from the virus. In fact there has been a "Draft Cuomo" movement for the upcoming election. I do not understand how the high number of Covid deaths simultaneously proves that Trump is incompetent and Cuomo competent.

There is a good article at Pro Publica regarding Coumo and how he (and DeBlasio) really screwed the pooch regarding the virus and reacting to it. Cuomo himself is arrogant, as is DeBlasio.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...-as-california

As far as why many that want Cuomo to run vice Biden, heck that is easy. Biden is really that bad. At least Cuomo has good presence, and can string a coherent sentence together.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
This is a trend that I have notice over the past few months; leaders like Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Brian Kemp, and Ron De Santis being incessantly condemned for the deaths suffered by their respective constituents, but never Merkle, Mattarella, Macron, Cuomo, Murphy, Newsom, or even Jinping. The difference between these two groups appears to their political leanings.

Funny because I've seen that Cuomo is number one enemy -- being responsible for all of the deaths in New York for policies that were set by CDC, etc.

You see what you want to see.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
There is a good article at Pro Publica regarding Coumo and how he (and DeBlasio) really screwed the pooch regarding the virus and reacting to it. Cuomo himself is arrogant, as is DeBlasio.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...-as-california

As far as why many that want Cuomo to run vice Biden, heck that is easy. Biden is really that bad. At least Cuomo has good presence, and can string a coherent sentence together.
And herein lies the issue,

Cuomo is criticized for not reacting fast enough -- which would have been shutting down the state. That's the biggest critiicism.

THose same folks head off to the threads attacking Democrat Governors who imposed stay at home orders.

WHAT? Wait a minute....lol......

There will be lots of time to review the crisis and find out that all leaders didn't react as quick as they could have, hindsight is 20/20.

Right now is where we should focus.

We need strong messaging, coherent policies and our political leaders should be making sure we know what the messaging is.

I'm not a huge fan of Cuomo --- and I don't live in New York so I'm not going to spend too much time analyzing his performance.

I think the buffoon of the year award goes to Kemp. Who will ever forget him so publicly owning that he had no clue and just realized human to human contact some 8 weeks after human to human contact was confirmed. He's clueless. It may turn out okay for Georgia -- but for someone to stand there and own his stupidity like that --- and seemingly not even realize his misinformation was disturbing.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:22 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Funny because I've seen that Cuomo is number one enemy -- being responsible for all of the deaths in New York for policies that were set by CDC, etc.

You see what you want to see.
Did the CDC recommend putting Covid positive patients into nursing homes?

Old 05-18-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Did the CDC recommend putting Covid positive patients into nursing homes?

Yes the CDC set up extensive policies for caring for patients in Long term care residences IN those facilities.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-r...dents-covid-19

And other states had similar policies.

They didn't have the rate of spread or death , but that is as much about population density.

AND the reality --- the rate of death in nursing homes is bad in every state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies