Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 07:27 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nope. The Dems had him between a rock and a hard place. Took three years of trying, and then this virus appeared out of nowhere. They saw their opportunity to keep people unemployed, and they took it.

Why ELSE would you demand that unskilled workers making $1600 a week get $3500 if they remain unemployed? Because the Dems WANT people unemployed, at least until Election Day. Even the NYT wrote a piece questioning how high the unemployment rate needs to be in order for Trump to lose. (I think they're wondering if they overshot.)

Why can't procedures be implemented by the states that employers identify employees that refuse to go back to work.

LEt's be problem solvers.

The suggestion is Trump is powerless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 07:27 AM

16,934 posts, read 12,478,619 times
Quote:
Nope. The Dems had him between a rock and a hard place. Took three years of trying, and then this virus appeared out of nowhere. They saw their opportunity to keep people unemployed, and they took it.

Why ELSE would you demand that unskilled workers making $1600 a week get $3500 if they remain unemployed? Because the Dems WANT people unemployed, at least until Election Day. Even the NYT wrote a piece questioning how high the unemployment rate needs to be in order for Trump to lose. (I think they're wondering if they overshot.)
You mean per month?
$3500 a week?!? Where. Even here in NJ it would be ~1300 a week max.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:38 AM

25,174 posts, read 12,331,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump has no power, no great deal making skills and just a puppet for all the bad, evil people in the world?

That's sad.
Were the 195 Federal Judges NOT really appointed to lifetime terms?

Is there no power in reshaping the Judicial branch of the federal government?

How about all the new trade deals? Were those all a mirage?

How about the Space Force? Did it get sucked in to a giant Black Hole?

How about the Chinese tarriffs causing China's GDP to slow to the lowest level in decades? Trump did build that

I could go on & on, but I dont want to bore readers to death. This is ample to knock you claim into the dirt.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 05-18-2020 at 08:34 AM..

Old 05-18-2020, 07:44 AM

39,793 posts, read 26,284,582 times
Quote:
Why can't procedures be implemented by the states that employers identify employees that refuse to go back to work.

LEt's be problem solvers.

The suggestion is Trump is powerless.
I'm sure that will happen. The enhanced unemployment payments are coming to an end. And when they do and people look for jobs, I'm pretty sure employers will be checking work history to see if they refused to go back to work when offered a job and instead chose to sit home and collect UE. I would expect those that abused the system will have a hard time getting a job when this is over. Especially at a time when government actions have destroyed a large percentage of small workers and it becomes a "employer's market". The deadbeats will be the last to get hired.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:49 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,345,345 times
Quote:
Nice try, but the Leftists had Trump over a barrel - delaying the bill until they could get their demands met. Trump knew people needed money, and Dems essentially said "give them TWICE what they could earn or they get nothing at all."
Last time I checked, Republicans controlled the presidency and the Senate.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:52 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,436,131 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
You mean per month?
$3500 a week?!? Where. Even here in NJ it would be ~1300 a week max.
My mistake. Pre-coffee. I meant $1600 a month working an unskilled job vs $3500 a month being unemployed.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:54 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,436,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Last time I checked, Republicans controlled the presidency and the Senate.
Asi explained, the Dems were refusing to put forth a bill granting the $1200 emergency relief unless it also bribed people to stay unemployed. Trump was in a no-win position, thanks to the devious Democrats.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:05 AM

23,736 posts, read 14,840,115 times
Was Mnuchin not in the room with the Dems? Too bad the Rs are getting run over by greedy dems.

Those lazy ass Dems should be as clever as the beauty shop owner. Get a $18,000 small business loan/grant. don't pay your employees a cent. Then defy the area order stay shut.

Then all the rebels can give you half a million bucks.. That's easier than applying at the bank.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:05 AM

6,387 posts, read 4,079,864 times
You guys just noticed this phenomenon? I started a thread on this very subject weeks ago but nobody was interested LOL.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ave-lapse.html

Old 05-18-2020, 08:06 AM

35,921 posts, read 30,469,451 times
Quote:
Trump has no power, no great deal making skills and just a puppet for all the bad, evil people in the world?

That's sad.
Well the bolded is correct. The president does not have the power to write and pass legislation. that is what congress does. The president can only sign it, veto it, or do nothing.
Maybe this will help ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

Man, some people like to say Trump is a dictator or wants to be then they complain that he isnt one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies