Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 09:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times

Advertisements

I choose to be free. I choose to have liberty, how does that threaten your health if you choose to house arrest?

The same can be said about this rushed untested vaccine that is going to be forced upon you....
If you are vaccinated, why are you worried I'm not. You are immune..... right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 PM

805 posts, read 1,086,541 times
I have often wondered the same thing. If I exercise my RIGHT to assembly and be out and about with others who are doing the same, how am I a threat to your health?

Going by this same logic...

- Am I also a threat to your health if I drive on the road? After all, I might make a drastic mistake while driving and cause an accident.
- Am I also a threat to your health if I let my kid play football and potentially injure another kid? Cause a concussion?
- Am I a threat to your safety by exercising my right to free speech and saying something offensive? Something politically incorrect?
- Am I a threat to your health by driving a gas-guzzling SUV that you believe is causing global warming?

See this for what it is, folks. Many of the pro-lockdown folks are die-hard leftists, authoritarian to the core. It's becoming quite scary how their solution is to censor, lock down, and ban anything that they don't agree with. If any person exercising their RIGHT and LIBERTY conflicts with the "common good," well too bad according to them. That's anti-American and has no place in this country. People give the government power, not the other way around.

Listen to this wonderful explanation of how Gov. Noem (South Dakota) explained that she would NOT be enacting any more authoritarian (and unconstitutional, I might add) protocols:

“Our state motto is – ‘Under God, the people rule.’ That is what our system of government is all about. The people of South Dakota are the source of the power and the legitimacy of our government, not the media, not the politicians, not political parties. That's a healthy perspective for an elected official to keep in mind,” Noem said on Tuesday.

“So in today's plan, I am not announcing any new government programs, more red tape, more prescriptive phases or tight controls or anything like that. That is not South Dakota. Rather, the plan I'm unveiling today puts the power of the decision making into the hands of the people where it belongs. Today's plan relies on South Dakotans to continue to exercise common sense, reasonableness, innovation and a commitment to themselves, their families and in turn, their communities.”

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/gov-noem-...MdJGPXNpOkQyMM

How refreshing is that? A politician that truly gets it- power to the people to make their own choices. Where they can weigh the risks and act accordingly and don't require a nanny government to tell them what to do. Makes me want to pack up and move there immediately!

Old 05-07-2020, 09:23 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,415 times
2 words...ASYMPTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Old 05-07-2020, 09:29 PM

35,760 posts, read 21,122,405 times
Individualism plays no part in a pandemic which you refuse to believe exists. If you could see the virus or the effects on some one you cared for- your tune would change.

Old 05-07-2020, 09:32 PM

29,855 posts, read 24,968,315 times
You are deemed a threat to mankind if you voted for Trump, according to the left. So how can it come as a surprise when they deem you a threat for anything else you do?

Old 05-07-2020, 09:34 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,127,792 times
Because someone is gonna have to leave their cave for themselves or someone they’re taking care of at some point. Minimizing the amount of people coming to supermarkets etc reduces the chances that person catches it and possibly gives it to loved ones...

Old 05-07-2020, 09:39 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Because someone is gonna have to leave their cave for themselves or someone they’re taking care of at some point. Minimizing the amount of people coming to supermarkets etc reduces the chances that person catches it and possibly gives it to loved ones...

Yep...Haven't been to a supermarket in 2 months because of people like this. Taking care of 85 year old mom (in good shape) and disabled brother...will fight to the death to protect them.

Old 05-07-2020, 09:43 PM

6,376 posts, read 2,924,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I choose to be free. I choose to have liberty, how does that threaten your health if you choose to house arrest?

The same can be said about this rushed untested vaccine that is going to be forced upon you....
Vaccines are never 100% effective. Most routine childhood vaccines are effective for 85% to 95% of recipients. That's enough to achieve herd immunity.

But I agree that we should be keeping vulnerable people isolated until the pandemic is over. It's not fair to keep everyone locked down and unemployed if they are willing to take the 0.003% - 0.01 % chance of dying from COVID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
We should set up food and medicine delivery for vulnerable people.

Old 05-07-2020, 09:43 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,427,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Who is under house arrest?

Old 05-07-2020, 09:51 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,120,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Vaccines are never 100% effective. Most routine childhood vaccines are effective for 85% to 95% of recipients. That's enough to achieve herd immunity.

But I agree that we should be keeping vulnerable people isolated until the pandemic is over. It's not fair to keep everyone locked down and unemployed if they are willing to take the 0.003% - 0.01 % chance of dying from COVID.

We should set up food and medicine delivery for vulnerable people.
Everyone is vulnerable. All age groups are affected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies