Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 03:24 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,860,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
We got what we deserve. Shame on us all.
Don't blame me, I voted for Rand Paul in the '16 primaries.

The Republican primary voters always reject the candidates who believe in small government, maximum liberty, and freedom. Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 03:40 PM

25,202 posts, read 12,342,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
What do you expect? America is a plutocracy. All that “freedom and democracy” stuff they taught you in school was BS.
We have freedom, but no democracy, we have a Constitutional Republic, quite different than mob rules.

The freedom we have is in jeopardy because of 533 corrupt politicians who are stealing Trillions from us in broad daylight. The greatest heist of all time. Facilitated by an ignorant & brainwashed electorate debating Red vs. Blue.

They've stolen from our past (Social Security lock box, & Fort Knox), our present (Monopoly money which devalues all the paper we hold), and our future (borrowing from China, Japan, private citizens, & underfunded pensions).

They are the thieves of the past, present & future...3-level chess, while your debating Red vs. Blue and binge watching Game of Thrones.

But wait there's more...used to be Dad worked, Mom stayed at home to raised the kids. Dad retired at 65. Leave it to Beaver (Eddie Haskell r.i.p.).

Now, Dad AND Mom both have to work, the kids are upto their eyeballs in student debt, and Grandma & Grandpa are still working well into their 70's. After Dad & Mom "retire", they'll do side gigs to offset their declining SS income.

Not much left to squeeze. Soon, kids will start working at age 10, and the family pet will work too! Only the top 1% will retire.

The income and wealth gaps will be much worse than they are now. There will be the Executive office (CEO, CFO, CMO), the Board of Directors, & the front line minimum wage slave...no more.

They haven't figured out how to steal from small business owners, home equity, or retirement accounts yet, but trust me, they're working on it.

Meanwhile, the band plays on...and your small Pavlov Dog brain is fixated upon Red vs. Blue.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I don't know if this still holds true or not, but it used to be that Republicans didn't mind spending money for the military and law-and-order related programs, and Democrats didn't (and obviously still don't) mind spending money for "welfare" type of programs.

Personally, I am in favor of cutting spending across the board!
Aha! The 1 person in a Thousand who gets it. Welcome to the Titanic my friend!

Old 05-19-2020, 08:26 PM

The fact that this thread went nowhere proves that nearly every poster here is a hypocrite.

I trot out 2 politicians who:

are fiscally responsible, and prove it in their votes time & time again. They walk the talk.

no women are accusing them of anything sexual, or nefarious. They are both squeaking clean.

they are both solid family men never divorced.

and NOBODY here will support them...except for 2 of us thus far.

This proves you are all hypocrites. Morals are meaningless. Responsible spending..meaningless.

A farmer and a eye doctor are too boring for you all.

It's beyond sad. Will somebody please admit it...these values are meaningless. Quit lying to yourselves.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:36 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,237,752 times
hey I wanted Rand Paul in 2016, too!!!

Old 05-19-2020, 09:21 PM

76,858 posts, read 47,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
533 voted for the Great Heist, and only 2 Voted against it

Rand Paul (Dentist), & Thomas Massie (Farmer) ,both of Kentucky, voted NO. The last 2 responsible politicians left in DC. Sad.
I don't think they voted at all, since they were absent.

The GOP wrote the bill, and crammed it down our throats with the Dems help, and they'll do it again if they are allowed to stay in power.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,449,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Republicans are only fiscally conservative when a Democrat is in the White House.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:50 PM

45,680 posts, read 23,818,728 times
Which bill are you adddressing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies