Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 07:37 PM

35,513 posts, read 20,869,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Have you ever read the warnings for over the counter drugs or watched the commercials for prescription drugs where they read off all the side effects which take longer than the actual commercial?
Yes and I won’t take them - I take very little meds like 2

Old 05-18-2020, 07:39 PM

39,033 posts, read 27,446,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AND AS I HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER....I know doctors are prescribing it as a treatment......there are a couple of NEW Studies on preventative......

but it is not ready for people to be prescribed it for prevention.

And indicative of that is none of Trump's doctors suggested he do it.......he ASKED Because he wants to say he took it and never got COVID 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There is no scientific data/recording, studies. medical evidene.

There are anecdotal stories.

It is what it is.
lol relax.

Your reaction about this drug has been downright ridiculous!

NOBODY can get this drug without a doctor's prescription. If the doctor doesn't feel this drug is beneficial, then he'she won't prescribe it, period.

I have asked my doctor uncle to prescribe me this drug just in case, (I like to keep prescription drugs, and I will be honest about it.) he basically told me this drug is NOT beneficial to me since I stay at home, and I don't need it to prevent covid-19. So I really don't know what your problem is about this drug.

Moral of the story is that you need a doctor's prescription to get this drug, it is up to your doctor. Do SOME doctors prescribe this drug to SOME high risk folks early on? absolutely.

I found it odd that you are so obsessed about this drug, it seems like you just don't want others to even give this drug a chance, why is that? It is just a drug, nobody is saying this is some magic pill.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:47 PM

35,513 posts, read 20,869,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Some of you guys need to chill out. Like it or not, people across the country are taking the drug. It's between them and their physician, it's their choice.
I will only say there is plenty of fake and black market pills - CBP and other agencies grabbing as they can go get them off the streets. The bad part of this - is if the powerful all knowing president with fancy Doctors say it’s GTG. Others will start swallowing. Irresponsible statement. But we don’t hold him accountable for squat and his trumpettes defend him.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:48 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,348,155 times
Default Doctors are taking this prophylactically....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
His body his choice... its too bad idiots would follow before consulting a Dr...
He did. He talked to WH doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
People don't take this drug as a preventative measure. Why would he lie about this?

Lol…. what a fruit loop!
Because it's true - see below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why would Trump even say this? There is not much benefit a Covid-19 patient has with it... It anything it makes it worse?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You have to be really, really dumb to take a malaria drug when you don't have malaria.
See below.

Posted 4/22/20 on NJ forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Many doctors (I dont know the percentages) are still taking it prophylactically, but again, not because we know it works, just because we don’t know that it doesn’t work. And such a small, once a week dose, is not likely to have any side effects.

Most of us are taking the once a week dose that is prescribed to prevent (not treat) malaria.

But we dont know if it preventative, or if it is, if that is the right dose. But when you spend day and night surrounded by people who have the virus and are infectious, and you see them dying left and right, it provides a little comfort in the hopes that it might be doing something. Again, not the way we want to be practicing medicine, but there are no good alternatives.
I remember AMD posting something similar at the start of the epidemic - he and many colleagues began HCQ immediately. He is always very clear, no one knows what works and doesn't for sure. Imo, a once-a-week low dose should be safe for healthy people and and may even help.

AMD posts extensively on the NJ forum COVID thread - some really interesting and educational comments direct from the front lines. Well worth following, imo.

Disclaimer: I am a never Trumper. In this case, I believe he is on the stuff.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:49 PM

19,779 posts, read 12,028,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You have to be really, really dumb to take a malaria drug when you don't have malaria. And even dumber to inject bleach.
https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/...1743-422X-2-69

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16115318/

Old 05-18-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I will only say there is plenty of fake and black market pills - CBP and other agencies grabbing as they can go get them off the streets. The bad part of this - is if the powerful all knowing president with fancy Doctors say it’s GTG. Others will start swallowing. Irresponsible statement. But we don’t hold him accountable for squat and his trumpettes defend him.
More people are turning to the black market for life-saving medications. This is certainly not the first and will not be the last drug they will find in the black market.

It's all about choices. If they want to get certain prescription drugs without doctor's approval, they are basically gambling with their lives.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:00 PM

For people who want to keep an open mind, please read this article

Doctors Are Hoarding Unproven Coronavirus Medicine by Writing Prescriptions for Themselves and Their Families
as coronavirus cases multiply and protective gear for medical workers vanishes from emergency rooms, many patients and physicians see the drugs as the only hope to reverse the course of serious disease.

https://www.propublica.org/article/d...their-families

Read the whole article.

If you are young, healthy, fit like me, if you decided to stay home, then I don't think you need to worry about using this drug.

If you have a loved one who is old, sick, and is high risk, definitely talk to your doctor about this drug. Keep an open mind. Never let politics clouding your judgment.

Honestly, what do you have to lose? Your doctor prescribes this drug, and he/she probably knows what is the best for you anyway.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 4,521,763 times
And every malaria patient that gets it in the tropics or third world gets an electrocardiogram? Sometimes can't fool around with conservative please don't sue me medicine.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:07 PM

6,720 posts, read 4,386,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
lol he’s full of ****..I took it when i was in the hospital and it gave me heart palpitations and put me in ICU.

It’s not something you take casually

He's 73 with a common form of Heart Disease. This drug is known to cause heart problems. Wonder if they thought this through carefully.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 11,935,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He's 73 with a common form of Heart Disease. This drug is known to cause heart problems. Wonder if they thought this through carefully.

Do you really think you know Trump so much better than he and his own doctors do? The hubris on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.