Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 05:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,855,161 times

Advertisements

And just to say -- -the use of the combination of drugs as a preventative for COVID is under trial status right now. There is no medical/scientific support -- there are feelings and we may know in six months or a year or longer.

AND I do know someone who had the combination once testing positive and others have had it and there is recovery...but again no scientific method that proved they wouldn't have healed faster with or without it.

We don't know.

It's just careless for anyone who has unusual power and influence to advocate for anything without more scientific evidence.

It just is.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:09 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,725,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
He's lying. He can't stand that the drug was panned for the virus. He can't let it go. This is his way to come back and somehow try to convince people he wasn't wrong.
Ding ding ding! This^^

We have a winner, folks!

Old 05-18-2020, 05:10 PM

14,360 posts, read 11,859,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I don't need to ask anyone if I should eat lead. The experts have already come out and said not to eat lead. The opinion from the experts is already out there for me to see, regardless if I've asked for it.

There are lots of doctors using and prescribing this drug. They obviously think it has some redeeming qualities. I really don't see why you all are so convinced you know better.

It's bizarre.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:11 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,516,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I don't need to ask anyone if I should eat lead. The experts have already come out and said not to eat lead. The opinion from the experts is already out there for me to see, regardless if I've asked for it.

And, you know.......EXPERTS!!

Old 05-18-2020, 05:14 PM

18,396 posts, read 7,014,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
His doctor didn't recommend it, Trump asked for it.
So?

If I go to my doctor and ask for a prescription for a drug I saw advertised on TV, he will likely give it to me if he thinks it's appropriate.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:21 PM

There is zero factual evidence that the drug combined with the Z-Pack is a working treatment for COVID 19 or a treatment.

Some doctors have prescribed it but there is no medial FACTUAL evidence that it is responsible for the improvement of patients.

It is one of many drugs used for other things -- on its own and maybe with others.

But the combination of the Z-P:ack and this drug was seen to create heart issues for some COVID patients......it is not a fact that is bad for everyone.....but there is cause for concern that it is dangerous for many.

Right now medical health care experts -- not a PResident with a bruised ego trying to prove he was right somehow ---are wary about a common use of the combination of drugs for healing or treating.

The only relative FACT --- is that there is no proof of anything.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,465,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Thanks for sharing the bad information you got and the faulty bias source !!!
Link to prove the info wrong?

Old 05-18-2020, 05:27 PM

12,068 posts, read 9,119,860 times
Here's a statement off the FDA page on hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine:

"We have reviewed case reports in the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System database, the published medical literature, and the American Association of Poison Control Centers National Poison Data System concerning serious heart-related adverse events and death in patients with COVID-19 receiving hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, either alone or combined with azithromycin or other QT prolonging medicines. These adverse events included QT interval prolongation, ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation, and in some cases, death. "

Of course, since this isn't what Trump is saying, the Trumpies will just rant about how the FDA is obviously part of the Deep State and make death threats to the scientists there.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/medical-p...ns-against-use

Old 05-18-2020, 05:30 PM

And be clear -- no MEDICAL EXPERT recommended Trump take the meds... He ASKED For them.

It is HIS Feeling.

A man with a business degree that knows nothing about medicine, viruses, drugs,.....

So all of you bending over backwards to defend his choice ---admit - he feels like it might help.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:30 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,546,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't know if HIS personal doctor recommended against it. You assume because Trump ASKED the White House doctor for it, his personal was okay but we don't know.

Only folks who don't use an insurance company can guarantee their doc will 'work' for them - meaning prescribe what the patient asks for
Fair point !!! I wasn't there !!! In my experience I can say I've never had a Dr. prescribe something he didn't recommend !!! Hydroxychloroquine requires a prescription !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies