Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,668,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
Taking hydroxychloroquine will not prevent someone from getting corona virus. Do you really believe that it does? YIKES.

If it did, we would have a lot of problems solved right now.
Right.. if it would have been helpful or a cure, it would have been being utilized.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:31 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,240,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Liberals have kept bashing President Trump for not wearing a mask at various public appearances, including recently when he visited a factory making Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). They insist he is making a poor example, sending mixed message, confusing people etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/polit...ona/index.html

So today they found out he is taking Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ)... and are bashing him again. Never mind that his White House doctor told him it would have no bad effects on him and might encourage other doctors to prescribe it for their patients who need it. Liberals are suddenly convinced it is dangerous, and is NOT a good example.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...preventatively

Apparently the leftist fanatics only want the President to listen to liberal-approved doctors. Though they have not given any guidelines in finding out which doctors they approve. Apparently a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.) is suddenly not enough.
If you think they are outraged now, just wait until after the November election when Trump squeaks by again, for FOUR MORE YEARS.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
He’s lying.

And the White House doc issued a memo - not admitting to prescribing it to him.

Lying to “protect” his image.
OH, Dear God...he went into such an elaboration, too. What a nutcase.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,987,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Liberals have kept bashing President Trump for not wearing a mask at various public appearances, including recently when he visited a factory making Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). They insist he is making a poor example, sending mixed message, confusing people etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/polit...ona/index.html

So today they found out he is taking Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ)... and are bashing him again. Never mind that his White House doctor told him it would have no bad effects on him and might encourage other doctors to prescribe it for their patients who need it. Liberals are suddenly convinced it is dangerous, and is NOT a good example.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...preventatively

Apparently the leftist fanatics only want the President to listen to liberal-approved doctors. Though they have not given any guidelines in finding out which doctors they approve. Apparently a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.) is suddenly not enough.
There may have been concenn for his refusal to wear a mask -- especially given that there is evidence people working close to him have had the virus.......and yes there is concern that our President is participating in the experimental use of a drug combination that the FDA and other medical experts have issued health warnings on.

IF you see that as outrage --- okay.

and if you aren't concerned -- okay.

But I think your level of 'outrage' surpasses mine ....lol

Old 05-19-2020, 05:44 AM

30,347 posts, read 19,114,527 times
I think Trump should wear a mask to lower his risk but glad to see he is taking hydroxy....probably why he hasn't come down with covid.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm no expert, but it seems Nancy had some more surgery during her vacation. that's why there's always a scarf.
No, no...this is what she's using as a face-covering, conveniently doubling as a fashion-piece when she is having to speak.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:59 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,190,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Heck, I'm a liberal. I was never against use of Hydroxychloroquine prescribed by doctors. I'm fully support President Trump taking as damned much Hydroxychloroquine as he pleases. He might as well reason the more of it the better. Sorry, I don't view things like conservatives say I'm suppose to.

Just thinking out loud - wow a liberal in O K L A H O M A (thinking of the OKLAHOMA song lol), can't be too many of you there. I have distant relatives there btw.

Please calm down now and don't worry as I assure you that President Trump will be an ex-POTUS the day after his second term.

IMO he's probably taking that drug not so much as to avoid CV, but is using it as a "buffer" just in case he contracts CV that he would be asymptomatic of such.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what? Republicans also have a disconnect from reality as this quote so well proves:

‘When you test, you have a case. When you test you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.’
President Donald Trump

If one is asymptomatic and they don't test = to them and the world one less case even if they actually had/have CV.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:07 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,520,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
He’s lying.

And the White House doc issued a memo - not admitting to prescribing it to him.

Lying to “protect” his image.
And his ego like always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzHF...&feature=share

Old 05-19-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
No, no...this is what she's using as a face-covering, conveniently doubling as a fashion-piece when she is having to speak.

She has to speak?
Or did she have "throat skin burn surgery" from eating so much $13 ice cream? j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.