Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 07:32 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,099,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Melania Trump is 5'11' and wearing 3'' heals.
3 in heels don't make you 3 in taller. Regardless Justin Trudeau IS 6'2. Does Trump look taller than Trudeau?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 07:33 AM

23,666 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You mean that despite getting FDA approval in April and Trump declaring that its working for him in May, it's still just an "old drug for Malaria" and thats all.
No, I'm suggesting that if you want to bring up who's getting rich off of which c19 therapies, that conversation is probably not going to turn out the way you want or expect it to.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:42 AM

23,666 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
doing something ridiculous like this
Hilarious. You guys really, really need to expand your horizons with regard to what information you consume, and how.

Doctors around the world are taking it as prophylaxis. Are they all Trump devotees who don't know what they're doing?

Doctors around the world are seeing that it's effective for many patients. Are they all Trump devotees who don't know what they're doing?

Have you just not been exposed to the information, or did you simply reject it for emotional/political reasons?

There's nothing ridiculous about it, at all. It's actually quite prudent for the President of the United States to be using a drug which can prohibit the virus from taking hold, especially when you consider that people in the White House have tested positive.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:24 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,953,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Hilarious. You guys really, really need to expand your horizons with regard to what information you consume, and how.

Doctors around the world are taking it as prophylaxis. Are they all Trump devotees who don't know what they're doing?

Doctors around the world are seeing that it's effective for many patients. Are they all Trump devotees who don't know what they're doing?

Have you just not been exposed to the information, or did you simply reject it for emotional/political reasons?

There's nothing ridiculous about it, at all. It's actually quite prudent for the President of the United States to be using a drug which can prohibit the virus from taking hold, especially when you consider that people in the White House have tested positive.
And where did you get your sweepingly unfounded opinion from???. Guess you pulled it out of the air. Pure anecdotal. "Doctors around the world....." There have been NO scientific studies yet proving this drug acts as a prophylaxis for Covid19. So until there are i think you should be more circumspect in touting a drug which also can come with serious side-effects. I guess you just ignore those things also.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:35 AM

13,565 posts, read 4,874,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Trump's hydroxychloroquine use has been confirmed by his WH doctor.

Scarborough is a pathological idiot.
False. The doctor wrote a memo:

"After numerous discussions....we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

Note he did not specifically say that he prescribed hydroxychloroquine or that Trump was taking it. Now why would he phrase it that way?

Personally I don't care one way or the other, but that was also my gut reaction when Trump announced he was on HCQ - he's lying.

1) Trump lies about everything
2) He's transparent as a 5 year old. It's so easy to tell when hes lying.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:43 AM

13,565 posts, read 4,874,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You guys need better sources for your debating skills.
WH Dr. is all over FOX and the internet, affirming it.
Link please??

Old 05-20-2020, 09:36 AM

15,740 posts, read 6,447,235 times
He's taking a placebo.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:58 AM

12,920 posts, read 13,613,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
No, I'm suggesting that if you want to bring up who's getting rich off of which c19 therapies, that conversation is probably not going to turn out the way you want or expect it to.
How much money will Bernard Marcus co-founder of Home Depot contribute to the Trump campaign for Donald's stunt?

Old 05-20-2020, 10:12 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,443,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

"After numerous discussions....we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

Note he did not specifically say that he prescribed hydroxychloroquine or that Trump was taking it. Now why would he phrase it that way?

Personally I don't care one way or the other, but that was also my gut reaction when Trump announced he was on HCQ - he's lying.

2) He's transparent as a 5 year old. It's so easy to tell when hes lying.
I've already addressed this. You are the one who is actually wrong, Leo. What is truly remarkable is the confidence in the absolute belief that you are right. Now, are you gonna have the stones to admit you were wrong or are you going to slink off, quit talking about it, and move on to a new leftist talking point?

Old 05-20-2020, 10:15 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

2) He's transparent as a 5 year old. It's so easy to tell when hes lying
Good points.

Trump will lie to back up a previous position that makes him look discredited. He could easily be lying.

Lying about taking it vs actually taking it and revealing that fact both have the same public effect. If he wants us to think he is taking it the truth really doesn't matter.

I still think there is a money trail.

A lot of this stuff is made in India and imported by the major drug companies. It could be Modi is connected with some pharmaceutical producers and Trump is doing this for them. Not just that but the other possibilities are numerous. With Trump it usually involves money or favors which ultimately lead to financial gains further down the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies