Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 03:21 PM

2,276 posts, read 1,670,725 times

Advertisements

I don’t believe much coming out of the WH but I do think he is taking this drug.

He is a known germophobe and I would think that hearing his personal valet was positive for the virus really shook him up. Being obese also seems to contribute to vulnerability. Now there is constant testing plus masks have appeared in the West Wing.

The WH message that everything in the USA is ready to be opened up has been compromised. Almost no business can afford the type of vigilance that the WH has now. Classic case of “good for me but not for thee”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 03:38 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
I don’t believe much coming out of the WH but I do think he is taking this drug.

He is a known germophobe and I would think that hearing his personal valet was positive for the virus really shook him up. Being obese also seems to contribute to vulnerability. Now there is constant testing plus masks have appeared in the West Wing.

The WH message that everything in the USA is ready to be opened up has been compromised. Almost no business can afford the type of vigilance that the WH has now. Classic case of “good for me but not for thee”.
Funny he would put himself at risk taking a drug like HCQ, but won't do something as simple as wearing a mask, lol.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:23 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Funny he would put himself at risk taking a drug like HCQ, but won't do something as simple as wearing a mask, lol.
That's a good point. If he is really taking it. Not sure what to believe with him because of all the lies.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:37 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Joe Scarborough is addicted to OxyContin.

See, anybody can say anything. The OP acts as if, just because Joe Scarborough says it, that it must be true.

Even though the very first line of the article says that Scarborough is speculating.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:14 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Joe Scarborough is an idiot, and MSNBC is nothing more than conspiracy theory pushing fake news.

Funny, I thought you were talking about Sean Hannity and Fox news. I didn't see the MSNBC part.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:20 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hydroxychloroquine is helpful for obese people.

So Trump should be taking it.

Hydroxychloroquine Improves Obesity-Associated Insulin Resistance and Hepatic Steatosis

Listen, Trump will outlive a lot of 30 YO's in here. He's healthy as a horse. He's been blessed with super genes that keep him fit as a 40 YO no matter what junk diet he eats. He wants to be President for life like his good buddy, Putin and I think he'll manage to pull it off, so we might as well kiss America goodbye.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:00 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post

I agree. He's scared because of so many close calls in his immediate circle. I don't blame him for wanting to take something to try to help and this is the drug that he believes in. He won't wear a mask because he doesn't think it makes him look good. (Yet surgeons wear masks and they don't worry about how they look wearing them. It might give Trump more of a look of authority if he wore a mask but for him it's more about vanity)

Old 05-19-2020, 08:10 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Listen, Trump will outlive a lot of 30 YO's in here. He's healthy as a horse. He's been blessed with super genes that keep him fit as a 40 YO no matter what junk diet he eats. He wants to be President for life like his good buddy, Putin and I think he'll manage to pull it off, so we might as well kiss America goodbye.
Not a good choice of animals as an analogy to Absolute Power. Horses are immediately put down for being lame. Used for dog food, glue, and carpet pads. In the wild, horses are either strong or dead. Horses will let a person ride on their backs, allowed to be whipped, and run to they die from exhaustion.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:14 PM

613 posts, read 815,300 times
I wouldn’t venture to guess whether he is taking the drug or not.

On one hand he is a compulsive liar.
So maybe he isn’t.
On the other his lack of knowledge is deep and profound.
So maybe he is.
On the other hand he is trying to distract from his own incompetence.
So maybe he isn’t.
On the other hand he gets his medical advice from pundits on Fox News.
So maybe he is.

At the end of the day, I don’t personally care.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:18 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Like I said... Trump and family more than likely invested in the drug and are trying desperately to profit off of it.

That dude is a grifter.
FFS, it is a generic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies