Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 04:26 PM

29,881 posts, read 11,440,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Anyone who thinks quarantining is somehow political has serious issues.
Before the pandemic I would agree. But looking at the distinct difference in the way most democrat and republican governors have handled things, as well as local officials. There is a political ideology difference between the parties, with a few exceptions.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-21-2020 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 05:35 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think a lot of Dems in the high death states of NY, NJ, MA, CN, MI will change parties, or just stay home and not vote in November.

The Dem Governors in nearly all of the top 10 most deadliest C-19 states have blood on their hands.
LOL! In your dreams.

After they watch Trump fumble and bumble any national response to save lives?

Lawl. I want some of what you're smoking.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:11 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,081,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Personally I am not a member of either of the two dominant parties. But I am watching in amazement to all that is going on. It seems like most people are falling in line behind what either blue or red states are doing but I am sure there are some who feel betrayed by their party.
How is it being partisan to follow what the experts and the rest of the world are doing?

Old 05-21-2020, 06:20 PM

15,459 posts, read 10,379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Personally I am not a member of either of the two dominant parties. But I am watching in amazement to all that is going on. It seems like most people are falling in line behind what either blue or red states are doing but I am sure there are some who feel betrayed by their party.
Nope, haven't really been watching much politics. Pretty pleased with my governor. City officials acting like turds, but I ignore them. Just been hanging around the house trying to stay safe and careful. Started doing that before being advised too. Cases going down, will now go out more, not rocket science or political.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh bull ---- our governor had no problem closing beaches --- proud boys didn't show up to protest it here though.
There are examples of GOP governors doing an excessive power grab but the vast majority are Democrat leaders.

I probably won't change my party because I have been a 3rd party voter for decades but the Democrats actions do worry me. I almost bought some property in New Mexico last year and I am very glad now that I passed on it.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How is it being partisan to follow what the experts and the rest of the world are doing?
The experts said flatten the curve. Don't let the hospitals get swamped. Its been obvious for a while that we are not going to swamp the hospitals. We accomplished that.

There is no one single way the world is dealing with this. And that is the same for our states. We have had states that forbid people on the streets unless it was an emergency and other states that requested people to stay home but did not enforce it. And as far as reopening its been the Republican states that have lead the way. Look Hawaii for a month now has had single digit daily cases, some days zero. 17 total deaths yet just a few days ago they finally started to open things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies