Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should face masks be mandatory?
Yes, when you are out in public. 25 17.12%
Yes, but only in indoor settings. 26 17.81%
No, my body, my choice 95 65.07%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 05:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
The masks are for those who follow the science, and they protect others. It's kind of "I protect you, you protect me".
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

No, no, no dear. You protect you. I protect me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 05:02 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
The masks are for those who follow the science, and they protect others. It's kind of "I protect you, you protect me".
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
So you think I care about you? That’s cute. Bless your ❤️!!!

Old 10-12-2020, 05:05 PM

8,206 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I don't trust someone else to protect me. I did when I was a child and it sure didn't work out good for me.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I don't trust someone else to protect me. I did when I was a child and it sure didn't work out good for me.
No matter what your libertarian philosophy, or your miserable childhood, which I'm truly sorry for, A MASK WILL MAINLY PROTECT OTHERS FROM YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So you think I care about you? That’s cute. Bless your ❤️!!!
You seem to have made that clear.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:24 PM

8,206 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
No matter what your libertarian philosophy, or your miserable childhood, which I'm truly sorry for, A MASK WILL MAINLY PROTECT OTHERS FROM YOU!

How come when someone catches the virus the pro-mask people say things like 'I guess now they know the importance of wearing a mask' when they insist it only protects those other than the wearer?

Old 10-12-2020, 05:26 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Be your own expert:
https://jordanschachtel.substack.com...atients-report
Quote:
An underreported, recently-published CDC study adds to the pile of evidence that cloth masks or other forms of mandated face coverings only contribute negatives to our COVID-19 problem. The study also displays — despite the constant accusations of widespread misbehavior from public health officials — that Americans are adhering to mask wearing, but mask wearing is not doing us any good.

The CDC study, which surveyed symptomatic COVID-19 patients, has found that 70.6% of respondents reported “always” wearing a mask, while an additional 14.4% say they “often” wear a mask. That means a whopping 85% of infected COVID-19 patients reported habitual mask wearing. Only 3.9% of those infected said they “never” wear a face covering.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:27 PM

828 posts, read 415,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Read this again slowly......the mask for the fearful ones is meant to protect them from others not the other way around. All people who are afraid of catching the virus should wear a mask to protect THEMSELVES not insist that others do.
Dont think you even understand what the mask do. It does little to protect the person wearing them. It stops the infected person from spreading the virus to others. Since when they breath it cannot get airborne and travel to the next person.

I thought everyone knew this by now. If you dont even know anything about mask. You dont have a clue about the virus.

So some dont even know when they have the virus. Others it can kill. So you have infected people walking around and they don't care who they spread it to. These are the selfish ones that dont wear mask.

There are the N95 mask that do offer a lot more protection but not available to general public. Since Libs wanted to keep the factories in China.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:29 PM

828 posts, read 415,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
How come when someone catches the virus the pro-mask people say things like 'I guess now they know the importance of wearing a mask' when they insist it only protects those other than the wearer?
Because chances are they now wish the person they caught it from was wearing a mask.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:07 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The masks are supposedly to protect you from getting the virus so if someone chooses not to wear one why would the wearer have to worry? That's been my position all along.
There are many comedians on CD. Good one !

Old 10-12-2020, 06:11 PM

107 posts, read 60,670 times
I don't need to be told how to take care of myself -- especially from people who change their minds on a monthly or so basis.

If you feel you need to wear one...then wear one. If you are too scared to leave your house...then don't, but don't expect me to have to wear one. It's not the government's position to tell me how to take care of myself. They can make suggestions, but that's about as far as their authority should go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies