Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should face masks be mandatory?
Yes, when you are out in public. 25 17.12%
Yes, but only in indoor settings. 26 17.81%
No, my body, my choice 95 65.07%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:24 AM

3,886 posts, read 4,537,512 times

Advertisements

I have asthma and certainly dont want this virus, but I'm personally live and let live about masks. If a store requires it no problem. If I'm at a place where people aren't wearing one, it's up to me to keep my distance and pull the bandana I wear around my neck up over my face. I have older relatives that I visit on the phone and will continue to do so during the pandemic whether or not I've come face to face with the dreaded non mask wearer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 04:56 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,688,265 times
Forrest Gump replied “Stupid is as stupid does."

Don't wear a mask. May you RIP.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Bleat and yammer. Polls don't lie.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:16 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Forrest Gump replied “Stupid is as stupid does."

Don't wear a mask. May you RIP.

You wear a mask to protect others if you have the COVID-19 virus, not yourself. That is the only reason I wear would wear a mask as I would not want to make other's sick. In other words, your post makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Bleat and yammer. Polls don't lie.

Yep, that is what I am going to be posting about. We now have enough votes now to conclude that the majority of Americans, on city data at least, do not want to be slaves and be forced to wear a mask against their will. There is hope!

Last edited by Katie the heartbreaker; 05-26-2020 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 05-26-2020, 03:27 PM

25,437 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
You wear a mask to protect others if you have the COVID-19 virus, not yourself. That is the only reason I wear would wear a mask as I would not want to make other's sick. In other words, you post makes no sense.

Yep, that is what I am going to be posting about. We now have enough votes now to conclude that the majority of Americans, on city data at least, do not want to be slaves and be forced to wear a mask against their will. There is hope!
The majority of Americans, not on city data, have worn masks. Many still do and will.
https://www.houmatoday.com/news/2020...e-survey-shows

Old 05-26-2020, 03:34 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
whats done is done-- now we wait for the memorial day party in two/3 weeks-- I hope "memorial" will not linger with those- who had to go bare.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:34 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,166 times
It made sense maybe 2 months ago but now the masks don't make much sense anymore. The virus has proven to have a 99.9% survival rate, and also, data has come out that heat from sunlight kills the virus and that it doesn't last on surfaces.

The masks have now become a psy-op by the govt to remind us that COVID exists so they can roll out their weird, Orwellian laws. This is all this is now. That and the good ol "divide and conquer strategy" between mask wearers and non-mask wearers.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:37 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post

I doubt a poll of 84 people well represents what over 350 million people think.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:40 PM

25,437 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It made sense maybe 2 months ago but now the masks don't make much sense anymore. The virus has proven to have a 99.9% survival rate, and also, data has come out that heat from sunlight kills the virus and that it doesn't last on surfaces.

The masks have now become a psy-op by the govt to remind us that COVID exists so they can roll out their weird, Orwellian laws. This is all this is now. That and the good ol "divide and conquer strategy" between mask wearers and non-mask wearers.
Not really sure what the survival rate is, but even those who survive can have long term health issues, depending on the severity of their illness. I'm not willing to chance that I have long-term or permanent damage to my heart, kidneys, liver or other organs. From what I've read and seen, many people tend to be of the same mind-set.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The majority of Americans, not on city data, have worn masks. Many still do and will.
https://www.houmatoday.com/news/2020...e-survey-shows
So you just don't quite grasp the idea that we can wear masks when necessary and still not be for mandatory mask wearing? Just a touch of cognitive deficit in here today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies