Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 04:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Barbers shouldn't need a license? geezus

Explain why I need someone to tell me if a barber is good enough for me to do business with? Especially in this day and age of social media, a couple of bad haircuts and that place is out of business.

The Barbers place looks like garbage, the person coming out just got a horrible haircut, but as long as that license is on the wall I'm protected right?

Better call the law when mom cuts her childrens hair, or heaven forbid, washes hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
False argument.

The regulations we have are a result of our national experience.

We regulate securities to protect investors, we regulate pharmaceuticals to protect the people from quackery. These regulations didn't arise out of a vacuum, they are a direct result of our experiences of being cheated and endangered.

Of course unscrupulous businessmen don't like regulations, I get that. It makes sense Trump would be against regulations, they interfere with his grifting ways.

If the Republicans had their way, we would be as polluted as China, with the same food and drug quality issues and the same smog and filthy, smelly dead rivers.
Then why do we still have smog and pollution?

Old 05-21-2020, 04:54 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
mmm, smog...

Still remember the horrible So. Cal smog as a kid that would keep us indoors frequently...lungs would hurt when breathing...looks like today's kids going back to that crappy air with adverse health effects!?

Old 05-21-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Ok, so you want your dentist to be any dude that decides he wants to drill in your teeth with no prior experience or training...
That you actually think that is the other option is on you. hahahahaha
That's the type of thought process one gets from listening to government.

Quote:
"Don't worry dude, saw it on youtube once... Hey, do you know which tooth is the canine?"
Did government tell you to post that?

Old 05-21-2020, 04:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Explain why I need someone to tell me if a barber is good enough for me to do business with? Especially in this day and age of social media, a couple of bad haircuts and that place is out of business.

The Barbers place looks like garbage, the person coming out just got a horrible haircut, but as long as that license is on the wall I'm protected right?

Better call the law when mom cuts her childrens hair, or heaven forbid, washes hair.
A license isn't telling you if a barber is good. It's telling you that the barber has been trained as a barber. Licenses rarely determine if someone is good at their licensed trade...just that they have completed the required training/education.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

The license covers such things as cleaning and sterilization of implements. But you know what? it wouldn't matter what I said to you; your goal here seems to be to argue.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The license covers such things as cleaning and sterilization of implements. But you know what? it wouldn't matter what I said to you; your goal here seems to be to argue.
You didn’t answer the question. Why as a free person do I need the master’s permission to do things?

Like I said before, licensing can be entirely optional. People can choose a licensed dentist or an unlicensed one.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
A license isn't telling you if a barber is good. It's telling you that the barber has been trained as a barber. Licenses rarely determine if someone is good at their licensed trade...just that they have completed the required training/education.
That’s all fine and dandy but why does licensing have to be mandatory and enforced at gunpoint?

Why can’t it be optional?

Old 05-21-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
If a company is polluting, it's pretty obvious to everyone around the area... People are upset, they report it, gov steps in, and tells them they cannot dump those chemicals in the river anymore...

Like hundreds of times more easier than tracking every person's move every second and trying to determine if he is out for murder...
You have no clue how regulations work, do you?

Old 05-21-2020, 07:40 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You have no clue how regulations work, do you?
Funny, I should be asking you that question...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies