Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your testing status?
I have not been tested for either COVID-19 or Antibodies 37 78.72%
Yes, I have been tested for COVID-19, but not Antibodies, and my COVID-19 test was POSITIVE. 0 0%
Yes, I have been tested for COVID-19, but not Antibodies, and my COVID-19 test was NEGATIVE. 5 10.64%
Yes, I have been tested for Antibodies, but not COVID-19, and my Antibodies test was POSITIVE. 0 0%
Yes, I have been tested for Antibodies, but not COVID-19, and my Antibodies test was NEGATIVE. 2 4.26%
Yes, I have been tested for both COVID-19 and Antibodies. Both tests were POSITIVE. 0 0%
Yes, I have been tested for both COVID-19 and Antibodies. Both tests were NEGATIVE. 2 4.26%
Yes, I have been tested for both COVID-19 and Antibodies. The COVID-19 test was POSITIVE, Antibodies NEGATIVE. 0 0%
Yes, I have been tested for both COVID-19 and Antibodies. The COVID-19 test was NEGATIVE, Antibodies POSITIVE. 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 05:43 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

I'm curious as to how many people have been tested.

They are allowing anyone over 18 to be tested for free here in Broward County, FL. So I decided to get tested today. This is for COVID-19, not the antibodies. I'll get the results in 3-5 days, which makes me wonder what the point of it is. I could easily contract it in the interim since it's so contagious.

I'm more interested in the antibody test, but I haven't found a place that is doing those for free yet.

If you're comfortable sharing your personal information, I'm curious to know about your testing experience. The poll will be anonymous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 05:54 PM

OK, so my experience with getting tested wasn't terrible. At this location, we had to call ahead of time and schedule the test. I called this morning and she offered me an appointment at 1:30 p.m. this afternoon. The testing location was at a park that's been closed down.

On arriving, National Guardsmen were directing the cars. Signs told us to keep our windows up and not to leave our cars. We were to have our IDs and Confirmation #s on the dashboard. They were checked through the windshield. Since I was a same day appointment, I had to wait a bit longer for my paperwork to print. After that I was directed to the testing location. I finally was told to roll down my window. A lady in a hazmat suit then stick a Q-tip in my right nostril about 8 inches. She kept it there for 15 seconds and then I was done.

The whole thing took about 30 minutes. Interestingly, I saw some national guardsmen without masks standing next to each other. I guess they didn't think it was too serious.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:57 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
I was tested for antibodies -- I was negative.

Absolutely shocking to me. I had a cold like this in January and I worked until April in a hot spot city.

I am guessing that this really is spread by families.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I was tested for antibodies -- I was negative.

Absolutely shocking to me. I had a cold like this in January and I worked until April in a hot spot city.

I am guessing that this really is spread by families.
Is the AB test a blood test? How much is it, if you know?

Old 05-22-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Is the AB test a blood test? How much is it, if you know?
Mine was $129 at Quest Diagnostics. I heard that insurance has to pay for all coronavirus tests but in case that is wrong I think I can be reimbursed by my flex health account.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Mine was $129 at Quest Diagnostics. I heard that insurance has to pay for all coronavirus tests but in case that is wrong I think I can be reimbursed by my flex health account.
Yeah, I have a massive deductible and HSA so my curiosity is not worth $129. Thanks for letting me know.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:04 PM

608 posts, read 516,697 times
I was tested for antibodies a little over a week ago and was negative. I was surprised because I was very sick in Feb. after being vaccinated in Oct.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
I was tested for antibodies a little over a week ago and was negative. I was surprised because I was very sick in Feb. after being vaccinated in Oct.
Interesting. Maybe you had the flu. I'll be floored if my test is positive because I don't think I've been within 6 feet of another human being for 2 months other than Walmart encounters while wearing a mask.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Interesting. Maybe you had the flu. I'll be floored if my test is positive because I don't think I've been within 6 feet of another human being for 2 months other than Walmart encounters while wearing a mask.
Apparently the antibody test can be wrong too.

Several of my co workers were immediately sick right after me so if they test positive for antibodies I will have serious concerns that the test wasn't right.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:52 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Apparently the antibody test can be wrong too.

Several of my co workers were immediately sick right after me so if they test positive for antibodies I will have serious concerns that the test wasn't right.
Hmm - back at work ? They find the virus up to 45 days I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies