Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 05:08 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,455,263 times

Advertisements

What never made sense is that Dr. Fauci told us it was OK to have sex with people we don’t know but not to shake hands. Still, since I’m the type who follows guidance, over the last several weeks, anytime some guy stuck out his hand for a handshake, I firmly told him “No!,” kept my hand tight by my side so he wouldn’t get mixed messages, and invited him into the bedroom instead.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:54 AM

12,907 posts, read 13,581,296 times
They have always said that there is no evedence that a "fomite", ie, an object of transmission, is playing a big part in the pandemic. This isn't new. People going around in space suits spraying surfaces is to make you think something aggressive is being done to keep you safe. The virus is on those surfaces but its the virus in the air they cannot control cheaply. Its harder to kill the virus that causes the comon cold than it is to inactivate covid 19. IMO what got us here is bad architecture. Buildings without fresh air or sufficient air flow, and recuirculating bad air. I think any place that has a charactaristic smell or odor is an area of high transmission.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:59 AM

1,982 posts, read 744,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/cd...063Ixv0hor7SKs

So...just what have the "experts" gotten right on this virus?

-No human to human transmission
-No need for tests from foreign countries, our own industry or universities-the CDC has this (and banned all other tests). Only to screw the pooch hard and waste a month at the start of this pandemic
-If you touch anything another person has you're going to die.
-We NEED 500,000 ventilators
-2-5 million Americans will die
-Masks bayd
-We need to "lockdown" for a couple of weeks to "flatten the curve"
-You can't go outside without a mask on
-We need to "lockdown" for a few years until there is a vaccine

If it wasn't so serious, our "experts" would be a damn joke. Just what have they gotten right during this whole thing? These "experts" are responsible for 30 million Americans losing their jobs, hundreds of thousands of businesses destroyed, life's savings lost.
Keep in mind we preach 6 feet of separation while the WHO says 1 meter is adequate to prevent spread.

Who and what to believe.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:05 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,349,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
The CDC wanted to ensure that the *extremely limited* supply of masks went to medical professionals first, which was a prudent measure considering how unprepared we were.

Furthermore, the OP is calling out all “experts”, saying things like “what have they gotten right during this whole thing?”, and “If it wasn't so serious, our "experts" would be a damn joke”, which goes FAR beyond what you’re calling “skeptic[ism]”.
We based our national policy on the "expertise" of these people. We shut down the nation's economy and put 30 million people out of work, for what we are seeing now was for no reason. I have friends that have lost their businesses, their life's work, over the mistakes of these experts. Others that are unemployed, and because they were private businessmen (contractors) have been unable to get UE.

We dramatically over-reacted, destroyed millions of lives, and likely have put this country into a recession. Some governors are still listening and keeping their citizens from making a living. All because of bureaucrats that haven't gotten anything right during this bug. Yet actual medical experts, doctors on the front lines, are being shut down, called quacks, being ridiculed....while we are forced to listen to the bureaucrats, many of whom haven't seen a patient in decades. If they are even doctors or scientists. We throw out the scientific method of testing a variety of hypothesis and just go with the bureaucrat's blind statements.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:42 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,959,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
They have always said that there is no evedence that a "fomite", ie, an object of transmission, is playing a big part in the pandemic. This isn't new. People going around in space suits spraying surfaces is to make you think something aggressive is being done to keep you safe. The virus is on those surfaces but its the virus in the air they cannot control cheaply. Its harder to kill the virus that causes the comon cold than it is to inactivate covid 19. IMO what got us here is bad architecture. Buildings without fresh air or sufficient air flow, and recuirculating bad air. I think any place that has a charactaristic smell or odor is an area of high transmission.

Indeed, a few weeks ago a medical doctor specializing in respiratory viruses, noting that New York was going to disinfect subway cars each night, noted that if you take a closed room and disinfect it completely, then invite in 20 people, with one being infected, that when the 20 exit the room the chances are several will be newly infected.

Because, you know, respiratory.

I will keep wiping down purchases, simply because the virus can live on certain surfaces for a while. I also wear gloves, because since I test my blood sugar levels twice a day, I always have puncture marks on my fingertips. Otherwise, the skin is a marvelous organ for keeping even the smallest virus out.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:50 AM

11,202 posts, read 8,244,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
**** the CDC and their incompetence
Well, I am of the firm belief that whatever risks the virus presents, the wide adoption of this mentality is far more dangerous.

I'll also say that if our Admin's lacking response cost any lives (I know, up for debate to some), the spreading and promoting of this mindset has cost a lot more.

Mindset: That the experts, the media, the scientists are all wrong. That the Right Wing Propaganda Machine (HQ'd on Pennsylvania Avenue) knows more than the experts.

He has done a huge disservice to our country by introducing doubt to ANYTHING that might go against his political agenda. Far more dangerous than the virus itself, and certainly far longer-lasting.

His legacy may well be the downfall of our country, based on his campaign of misinformation. It was well under-way, but he gave it a fast-pass and immunity. Not good.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:52 AM

36,076 posts, read 30,581,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Further studies leads to new updates.

So this is good news. It alleviates some of the panic...

Unfortunately dimwits are gonna jump to conclusions...
I realize it is a "new" virus, but it is a virus very similar to other known viruses.
What study goes from it is highly contagious and spreads verily easily to no it doesn't. what study(s) were done that gave them the initial results? Sorry but that type scientific data does not just do a 180 in a couple months.

So A. just fearmongering lies to instill panic or B. there were never any initial studies conducted or C. both

Old 05-21-2020, 06:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,624,829 times
Quote:
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/cd...063Ixv0hor7SKs

So...just what have the "experts" gotten right on this virus?

-No human to human transmission
-No need for tests from foreign countries, our own industry or universities-the CDC has this (and banned all other tests). Only to screw the pooch hard and waste a month at the start of this pandemic
-If you touch anything another person has you're going to die.
-We NEED 500,000 ventilators
-2-5 million Americans will die
-Masks bayd
-We need to "lockdown" for a couple of weeks to "flatten the curve"
-You can't go outside without a mask on
-We need to "lockdown" for a few years until there is a vaccine

If it wasn't so serious, our "experts" would be a damn joke. Just what have they gotten right during this whole thing? These "experts" are responsible for 30 million Americans losing their jobs, hundreds of thousands of businesses destroyed, life's savings lost.
If it was proven that it did spread easily on surfaces, how would that have been spun?

Old 05-21-2020, 06:56 AM

5,034 posts, read 2,242,137 times
Quote:
We based our national policy on the "expertise" of these people. We shut down the nation's economy and put 30 million people out of work, for what we are seeing now was for no reason. I have friends that have lost their businesses, their life's work, over the mistakes of these experts. Others that are unemployed, and because they were private businessmen (contractors) have been unable to get UE.

We dramatically over-reacted, destroyed millions of lives, and likely have put this country into a recession. Some governors are still listening and keeping their citizens from making a living. All because of bureaucrats that haven't gotten anything right during this bug. Yet actual medical experts, doctors on the front lines, are being shut down, called quacks, being ridiculed....while we are forced to listen to the bureaucrats, many of whom haven't seen a patient in decades. If they are even doctors or scientists. We throw out the scientific method of testing a variety of hypothesis and just go with the bureaucrat's blind statements.
1000 rep points to you!!

Old 05-21-2020, 07:00 AM

19,960 posts, read 8,856,694 times
CDC and WHO issue opinions. They have no idea what they're doing. Just "educated" guesses that many times are wrong. We need to find new people to run them or they should be disbanded. They spread more fear than accurate information.

Originally masks weren't necessary according to our experts, then they became mandatory.

Originally the virus was said to be easily spread on surfaces, now they say it isn't.

What a cluster of misinformation.

Last edited by skeddy; 05-21-2020 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies